Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock 30sf or xds .45

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • smith and wesson
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2013
    • 1877

    Glock 30sf or xds .45

    I want a 45 carry gun for ccw but am split in these 2.

    Glock
    On roster so no trouble getting it on ccw
    10 rounds
    Glock reliability
    Huge market of parts
    No sse fee

    Cons would be the actual size.

    Xds
    Slim easy to conceal
    Grip safety gives me piece of mind
    Not on roster

    Con is that I don't know if I will be able to put it on my ccw since it is an sse gun.

    I've read some threads that people could not put a sse gun on their ccw because at the time of dros, a different caliber was written on the paperwork.

    So im hoping to buy one or the other by the end of the year, the xds will be unattainable after next year and I really don't know if glock will renew the 30 model after it expires in November.

    With that said this gun is intended as a carry gun and if I can't put an xds on my ccw because of the caliber thing on the dros form then it would be pointless in getting one.
    75
    Glock 30sf .45
    0%
    40
    Xds 3.3 .45
    0%
    35
  • #2
    smith and wesson
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2013
    • 1877

    The glock 30 also has the option of a 10mm barrel.

    Comment

    • #3
      SDM44
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2010
      • 3903

      I just posted this the other day in the G30S thread.

      Caliber, reliability, etc... pretty much the same. Factory grip will be better on the XDs compared to the smooth finish if a Gen 3 G30SF, unless you get some grip tape over it.

      IMO, size is the main difference here. That, and round count (5+1 vs. 10+1).

      Originally posted by SDM44
      Not to side track the topic, but here are some pretty good comparison pics of the G30S next to a XDs 45.

      I mentioned above that the grip was pretty wide for my tastes on a G30S, and that my Shield (basically same size as a XDs frame) fit much tighter on me with no bulge. Sure you compromise in round count, almost half the amount. But if size matters, then it's just something to consider.






      Comment

      • #4
        VL221
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2011
        • 1449

        XDS. A lot smaller/slimmer. You won't be able to purchase it for below MSRP after 1/1/15.
        \

        Comment

        • #5
          smith and wesson
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2013
          • 1877

          You guys make some good points. Looks like xds is winning the vote.

          Comment

          • #6
            1CavScout
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2013
            • 3234

            The XDs is a lot easier to carry IWB than the Glock. I carry my Glocks, but not IWB. For IWB my XDs wins hands down.
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              FresnoRob
              Senior Member
              • May 2013
              • 2133

              XDs I want one of these before the end of the year. I know someone with the Glock he likes it so I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

              Comment

              • #8
                M1Kev
                Member
                • Oct 2010
                • 298

                XDs is a nice pistol. I added the pierce base plates and a grip wrap. I personally felt the aggressive texture on the pistol was a little too aggressive in a few places, but it fills the hand and certainly feels like a bigger gun than it is.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Port Authority
                  Member
                  • Mar 2014
                  • 231

                  No fair comparing XDs to a G30.

                  The real comparison is to a G36.

                  I would go w/ feel, features and barrel length.

                  I really like that XDs 4.0

                  Port
                  .
                  "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." - Voltaire

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    smith and wesson
                    Senior Member
                    • Jun 2013
                    • 1877

                    Originally posted by Port Authority
                    No fair comparing XDs to a G30.

                    The real comparison is to a G36.

                    I would go w/ feel, features and barrel length.

                    I really like that XDs 4.0

                    Port
                    I know it's not an equal comparison, this is more of a what would you buy thread.

                    You guys have moved me toward the xds. I can always get a glock (hopefully) going with the xds.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      k1dude
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • May 2009
                      • 15983

                      Instead of the Glock 30 SF, you should be looking at the Glock 30s. Especially since it will be a CCW gun.
                      "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

                      "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        smith and wesson
                        Senior Member
                        • Jun 2013
                        • 1877

                        Hahaha all you glock guys are coming out of the woodwork now. The 30 is in the lead now.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          rman
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2012
                          • 2267

                          i chose (and have) the XDs.

                          My first striker-fire gun... I was looking at the glocks, but being a Sig DA/SA guy... i needed a bit more than piece of mind than "get a good holster"

                          It also, IMHO, looks 202323420x better

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            egpost916
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2012
                            • 506

                            Get the XDs before sse ends. The Glock will always be there but once you start carrying a single stack it will be hard to go back.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              smith and wesson
                              Senior Member
                              • Jun 2013
                              • 1877

                              Originally posted by egpost916
                              Get the XDs before sse ends. The Glock will always be there but once you start carrying a single stack it will be hard to go back.
                              Right on man. Thanks.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1