Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

SSE For Use or CA Heritage

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rugerkp
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2011
    • 789

    SSE For Use or CA Heritage

    Rebranded this thread after Skyhawk's comments.

    Obviously you'd get the guns for usage but also the thought of preserving heritage in CA.

    Which ones should be brought in for preservation?

    CCW though it isn't applicable most often?

    Rare?

    Unique color combos?

    Any off roster?
    Last edited by rugerkp; 08-15-2014, 4:24 PM.
  • #2
    sirr6
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2008
    • 1428

    Is someone gonna try to profit from this? Hmmmm...

    Comment

    • #3
      smith and wesson
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2013
      • 1877

      Yeah not helping you bub. Go buy what you want to shoot.

      Comment

      • #4
        Tok36
        Veteran Member
        • May 2013
        • 3061

        Originally posted by smith and wesson
        Yeah not helping you bub. Go buy what you want to shoot.
        Indeed...
        Vive La Exile Machine!!
        Link--> CZ 75B -vs- CZ 75 SP-01 Comparison
        Link--> CGW Type 3 Disco fitting fun
        Link--> What is a CZ Tactical sport?
        Will work for CZ Pics!

        Comment

        • #5
          Trenchfoot
          Calguns Addict
          • Dec 2012
          • 7293

          I'd stock up on Jimenez Arms pistols if I were you...

          Comment

          • #6
            Ronin2
            Banned
            • Jan 2011
            • 5563

            If I were you id corner the market on hi-Point pistols!

            Comment

            • #7
              Nor*Cal
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2011
              • 2687

              Hi-Points for the win. Invest as much as you can. You'll be laughing all the way to the bank next year.

              Comment

              • #8
                36Ford
                Member
                • Feb 2011
                • 261

                Originally posted by Ronin2
                If I were you id corner the market on hi-Point pistols!
                I third Hi Points! Dollar for dollar the best brick on the market.
                "Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others? Or have we found angels in the form of kings to govern him?"
                Thomas Jefferson


                NRA Life Member
                CRPA Life Member

                Comment

                • #9
                  rugerkp
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2011
                  • 789

                  Uh, mistook the idea of the thread. I'm not flipping, asking what you think will happen when people do.
                  I'm seeing a lot of people talking about buying up this and that with their see's and I'm curious what the CG collective thinks.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    5ZS
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2014
                    • 1047

                    way over msrp asking price, 90 bumps to the sale thread, last chance sale good for today only, back in the safe.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      LateBraking
                      iTrader in Bio
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Jan 2013
                      • 1629

                      Originally posted by rugerkp
                      Uh, mistook the idea of the thread. I'm not flipping, asking what you think will happen when people do.
                      I'm seeing a lot of people talking about buying up this and that with their see's and I'm curious what the CG collective thinks.
                      Well, I'll bite. Here's what I think.

                      Probably at least half the people who are actually buying SSE guns right now are not buying one a month because they want them all. It's not like a thousand new gun models just came out this year, and SSE didn't just happen this year either. Many are probably buying one or two things they want, and then buying one or two things they are 50/50 on but know they can sell easily, then buying four or six guns they plan on making at least a 25% pure profit on, I think realistically 50% or more. We're talk either the same people or same kind of people that were marking up .22LR ammo 100-200% during the recent ammo drought.

                      See I'm content with what I have SSE-wise, except for maybe a PPK/s in black finish which has been a pain to find, and a HK VP9, which really DID come out just recently.

                      For the most part, I, like anyone who SSE'd for things they actually wanted, already basically got everything they wanted beforehand. Most (not all, but MOST) of the guys buying 1911's and Glock Gen 4's right now are probably buying with the intent to flip/resell later. 1911's have been around for an eternity and Glock Gen 4's have been around since 2010 or 2011....people have had years to get one. Basically, I personally don't think this new SSE law is hurting anyone quiiite yet except for maybe people who want a Remington R51 or a HK VP9. It'll definitely hurt two or so years from now and is a complete infringement on our rights true, but I think a good number of the people doing the panic buy thing right now are just trying to exploit the situation.
                      Last edited by LateBraking; 08-02-2014, 8:09 PM.
                      sigpic
                      NRA Lifetime Member

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Nor*Cal
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 2011
                        • 2687

                        Originally posted by LateBraking
                        Well, I'll bite. Here's what I think.

                        Probably at least half the people who are actually buying SSE guns right now are not buying one a month because they want them all. It's not like a thousand new gun models just came out this year, and SSE didn't just happen this year either. Many are probably buying one or two things they want, and then buying one or two things they are 50/50 on but know they can sell easily, then buying four or six guns they plan on making at least a 25% pure profit on, I think realistically 50% or more. We're talk either the same people or same kind of people that were marking up .22LR ammo 100-200% during the recent ammo drought.

                        See I'm content with what I have SSE-wise, except for maybe a PPK/s in black finish which has been a pain to find, and a HK VP9, which really DID come out just recently. But I'm out of state for a few months and won't be back until December this year or January of next, so I'm boned in regards to those two.

                        But I don't feel too bothered since I, like anyone who SSE'd for things they actually wanted, already basically got everything they wanted beforehand. Most (not all, but MOST) of the guys buying 1911's and Glock Gen 4's right now are probably buying with the intent to flip/resell later. 1911's have been around for an eternity and Glock Gen 4's have been around since 2010 or 2011....people have had years to get one.
                        I think your way off with thinking that at least half are buying SSE to flip. I also do not think that you can compare SSE flippers to ammo flippers. Buying a few bricks of 22 is nothing like buying a few SSE handguns.

                        And 1911's have been around for ages but there are many makers and always new models coming out. I can probably list 20 off roster 1911's that I would love to own.

                        I am one of the 1 SSE every month until the end of the year guys and I have ZERO plans to sell any of them. They are all guns that I have had on my wish list and the end of SSE has left me with the option of buy now, or join in the used market search in 2015 and beyond. I decided to buy as much as I can right now.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Dvrjon
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Nov 2012
                          • 11370

                          Originally posted by LateBraking
                          Most (not all, but MOST) of the guys buying 1911's and Glock Gen 4's right now are probably buying with the intent to flip/resell later. 1911's have been around for an eternity and Glock Gen 4's have been around since 2010 or 2011....people have had years to get one.
                          For the "not all" group, I've got a Gen3 G17L, a Gen4 G41, and a Gen4 G42 stacked in the pattern.

                          The G17Ls are seldom released and not on roster, and the G41 and G42 have just recently become reasonably available. Earlier this year, I also grabbed a Ruger Mark III 512 in blue, as they were becoming rare and drop off roster in mid-August.

                          I'll let you know if I find a blue Walther (right after I DROS it. )

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            SkyHawk
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Sep 2012
                            • 23531

                            The way I look at it - anyone buying SSE now is doing *every* gun lover present and future in this state a favor, even if they are buying to flip. Because come Jan 1 2015, there's going to be a whole lot fewer handguns to choose from, and we'll all be thankful that some people added to the PPT supply before the faucet turned off. In fact the more people who buy them now, the better PPT prices will be later, not worse. And considering 8 - 10% in tax is added to the guy who bought it new, plus a $25 throwaway DROS, 25% markup is nothing for something NIB that you otherwise cannot get. Look at it this way - the people with money are buying now for the people who can't, and then sitting on them until they can. Don't hate for that - you do pay interest on your home or car loan right? Money isn't free. The free market will take care of the pricing in 2015 and beyond for PPT off roster pistols, no one will get a penny more than someone will pay.

                            Anyone discouraging the purchase of SSE pistols FOR ANY REASON right now, has a serious perspective problem or otherwise wants their own pistols to be worth more $$ because of a limited supply. So which is it? This has nothing to do with hoarding .22LR like the ammo flippers, this has everything to do with a ban on the pistols we love due solely to legislative action. There is not a supply and demand problem right now for these. And barring any major wins in court which will take years if not decades, this is a last chance to secure them for future CA shooters. It's about to get real dry people...

                            So pipe up and let us know which pistols are worth securing for future buyers. The Hi Point comments aren't helping. Someday you may be the guy looking to add a new pistol to his collection, and your choice will be a single action revolver on roster, or what - the High Point you told us to buy in 2014?

                            My votes are for desirable *small* CCW pistols: LCP, LC380, LC9S, Glock 42, Sig 938, PPK/S etc. With any luck we are going to have *a lot* more CCW issued people in 2015 and beyond, and they are going to need small pistols to go with the big iron that has long been available.
                            Last edited by SkyHawk; 08-02-2014, 8:45 PM.
                            Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Sojournertruth
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2014
                              • 270

                              a lot of guys will buy guns they don't want or need just because the regulations are telling them they soon can't buy the gun anymore...so, in a knee jerk reaction like puppets they are buying....so yes, there will be lots of selling...uneeded/unwanted guns....but:

                              Ruger stock fell 10% the other day...Smith and Wesson similarly down...why?

                              huge drop in profits and sales

                              gun demand ( despite what you see here with the nuts at Calguns) is DROPPING like a rock in the US...all the ginning up of hysteria over Obama and new world orders and bans and so on has worn itself out.....yeah Molon Labe...except the bank will come take your house and you can sit on the curb with all your guns...

                              life goes on....the gun craze is over.....be a long time til Ruger hits $80 a share again....oh, I sold at 77.....bought at 53....

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1