Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Kel-Tec PF9

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Nguyen
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2013
    • 3000

    Kel-Tec PF9

    Anyone own a Kel-Tec PF9 and would like to tell me how reliable they are? I had seen some mixed reviews about them, but they were back in 2012. Planning to get this as my CCW gun. I don't know any ranges or anyone that has the PF9 that I can actually shoot with.


    "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country."
    - Dianne Feinstein
  • #2
    Tok36
    Veteran Member
    • May 2013
    • 3061

    I am interested to hear peoples imput on this. I was thinking about picking one up as well. Unfortunately Keltech dose not have a consistent track record. This put me off from buying one.

    In CA you also have to SSE the PF9. The cost to SSE a pistol this cheep put me off as well.
    Vive La Exile Machine!!
    Link--> CZ 75B -vs- CZ 75 SP-01 Comparison
    Link--> CGW Type 3 Disco fitting fun
    Link--> What is a CZ Tactical sport?
    Will work for CZ Pics!

    Comment

    • #3
      joefrank64k
      @ the Dark End of the Bar
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Mar 2009
      • 10124

      Kel-Tec PF9

      Just brought one home. Haven't had it out to the range yet. Initial impressions: it's slim, lightweight, and feels good in the hand. If it runs anything like my Kel-Tec P40, it'll be a winner. Should make a good truck/car pistol.

      I paid $299+tax/DROS, including SSE.





      14.60oz with a magazine:



      12.60oz without a magazine:

      You will never, in your life, have a chance like this again.
      If I were you, I would not pass this up. I would not let this go by...this is rare.
      Come on...what harm??

      joefrank64k 251/251 100% iTrader?

      Comment

      • #4
        Nguyen
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2013
        • 3000

        Yeah PF9 fits best in my hands. thanks for the post Joe.


        "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country."
        - Dianne Feinstein

        Comment

        • #5
          Tok36
          Veteran Member
          • May 2013
          • 3061

          Nice pistol Jo. I am interested in a range report.

          Thanks for the pics!
          Vive La Exile Machine!!
          Link--> CZ 75B -vs- CZ 75 SP-01 Comparison
          Link--> CGW Type 3 Disco fitting fun
          Link--> What is a CZ Tactical sport?
          Will work for CZ Pics!

          Comment

          • #6
            João
            Junior Member
            • Dec 2013
            • 57

            Report!


            Sent from my iPhone using My

            Comment

            • #7
              jonzer77
              • Jul 2010
              • 8525

              Kel-Tec PF9

              It is a point and shoot gun and not something you take to the range and practice with. The lightweight frame gives the gun a lot of recoil. The trigger is long but the pull is decent.
              Originally posted by barrage
              That's because Excelsior threads are like toilet bowls. They're made for crapping in and occasionally pissing on the side of.

              Comment

              • #8
                Leethe4th
                Banned
                • Feb 2014
                • 429

                George Zimmerman gave it high marks. But then it only fired one round....

                Comment

                • #9
                  Kinsel83
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2011
                  • 987

                  The PF9, when I owned one, was reliable and fairly accurate. I only stuck to 115 grain FMJ. I would buy one again, if given the chance.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    saki302
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 7191

                    Mine runs well- do the fluff and buff job on it yourself, and it should work nicely.

                    Mine will feed +P JHP reliably- more so than some high end guns.

                    -Dave

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Hylas
                      Member
                      • Mar 2014
                      • 172

                      So a friend of mine and i picked one up on 7/10/14, I took it home and cleaned the hell out of it. It feels great in my hand especially with the +1 extentions from keltec, its slim and extremely light. Took it to the range with 3 types of ammo Winchester White box Tulammo brass casing and Federal Champion. I went with the WWB first and had a FTE every other round, Tula had about the same issues but the federal was flawless, but only had 20 rounds of it with me so wasnt sure. Left the range demoralized and rdy to sell it. But i figured id give it another shot with a full box of federal. Went home cleaned it up again and 3 days later brought a full box of the federal and out of 100 rounds i had 1 FTE which was a massive improvement. My buddy ran Remington UMC bulk box and it was flawless with it.... I really really like the gun. I just want it to be 100% reliable for a carry, feels good in the hand very accurate and yes the kick is substantial but if you know this beforehand it wont bother you. Called keltec told them about my problem and they sent me a Extractor kit free of charge. I want this gun to be 100% because i like the look and feel of it. I carry a Sig938 with me but i want the Keltec to be the gun thatll sit in my car while at work or away from it for extended periods of time and the 938 as primary when itll be on me full time.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Hylas
                        Member
                        • Mar 2014
                        • 172

                        btw since seems like people are interested in it. When i got it home to take it apart it was easy enough to field strip, but putting it back together was sorta a ***** because the barrel gets caught and doesnt want to rack back, easy trick to make it work is press down on the barrel itll sink noticably and then proceed to rack slide back to lock in place,

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1