Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Question on Wolff guide rod + recoil spring

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ffemt
    Senior Member
    • May 2013
    • 1771

    Question on Wolff guide rod + recoil spring

    Hi,

    I recently picked up a Kahr MK9 and was slightly disappointed with the plastic guide rod. I searched a steel one and found the Wolff combo kit with the guide rod and spring, either in Reduced power 18.5 lbs vs Standard 20.5 lbs.

    I will be using it for CCW with Corbon +P loads and just the Winchester 100pk 9mm ammo for target shooting. I've done just some basic research and read that the lighter spring will allow a broader range of ammo esp. with with lower power hand loads. Any reason to get one spring power over the other?
    Last edited by ffemt; 06-25-2014, 1:50 AM.
  • #2
    'ol shooter
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 4646

    You should run the stiffest spring that will still cycle the gun correctly with the ammo you are using. If you can find a progressive wound spring, I recommend them. The progressive works nicely in my Gold Cup, the action opens quickly, and slows down just before the slide hits the frame. Every little bit helps.
    sigpic
    Bob B.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    Comment

    • #3
      ffemt
      Senior Member
      • May 2013
      • 1771

      Originally posted by 'ol shooter
      You should run the stiffest spring that will still cycle the gun correctly with the ammo you are using. If you can find a progressive wound spring, I recommend them. The progressive works nicely in my Gold Cup, the action opens quickly, and slows down just before the slide hits the frame. Every little bit helps.

      That makes perfect sense thank you. Contacted Wolff to see if they have good feedback from Kahr users with their Standard vs Extra power recoil springs.

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1