Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Modern DA/SA Single Stack 9mm Microcompact?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • hikingwithguns
    Senior Member
    • May 2012
    • 554

    Modern DA/SA Single Stack 9mm Microcompact?

    And yes ladysmith is too big.

    So is there any such thing?
    Last edited by hikingwithguns; 06-06-2014, 8:56 PM.
    This is public land, we're not hunting, we're hiking with guns. There are no deer or pigs on public land
  • #2
    Dee_Dub
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2011
    • 2097

    shield
    /thread
    A man's GOT to know his limitations.

    Comment

    • #3
      Trenchfoot
      Calguns Addict
      • Dec 2012
      • 7293

      What caliber?

      Comment

      • #4
        FUBAR
        Senior Member
        • May 2010
        • 2453

        Can't think of any DA/SA Microcompacts that are single stack. The smallest DA/SA I can think of are the Walther PPK and Sig P232. Most in that category are DAO, striker fired, or SAO . What caliber are you considering?

        Comment

        • #5
          hikingwithguns
          Senior Member
          • May 2012
          • 554

          Sorry, I changed the title to include 9mm.

          Yes, walther ppk was the closest I was thinking. Would be nice if they updated that or the sig for the 9.

          I do already have a shield that I will SSE in 2 weeks (no really) lol. I wouldn't consider it a micro compact though, and obviously not DA/SA.
          Last edited by hikingwithguns; 06-06-2014, 9:35 PM.
          This is public land, we're not hunting, we're hiking with guns. There are no deer or pigs on public land

          Comment

          • #6
            Tiberius
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2009
            • 1168

            I too have hunted for this rare beast. It becomes a question of what you're willing to compromise on. The Sig 232/PPK/ Bersa Thunder line are single stack, DA/SA (the Bersa and PPK have a safety as well) but . . . are .380. And perhaps not really sub-compact.

            The Sig 938 is SA, with a safety, and is 9mm and a genuine sub-compact. The 238 is a whisker smaller in .380.

            If you're willing to go striker, there are tons of Kahrs, the Ruger LCP/LC9, the Shield, and so on.
            Last edited by Tiberius; 06-07-2014, 10:42 AM.

            Comment

            • #7
              manywelps
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2013
              • 503

              SAO: Sig P938

              Striker: Kahr MK9

              DAO(but light): Boberg XR9-S

              Just go for striker or DAO if you don't like rocking cocked and locked.

              Comment

              • #8
                cnj
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2004
                • 1275

                Micro-compact 9mm? Maybe the Kahr PM9 or Kel-Tec PF9? The shield and some others mentioned are pigs (19 ounces or so).
                "Bye Felicia!" - Said by me, as I looked at Kalfornia in my rearview for the last time, 9/22/17.
                NRA member
                My experience is from the '80's and '90's, when mullets ruled the world!
                If azzholes could fly, this place would be an airport!
                I support gun control.....if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it!
                You go ahead and give peace a chance. I'll cover you if it doesn't work out!

                Comment

                • #9
                  BajaJames83
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 6043

                  I believe there is a beretta 92 version that comes in a single stack 9mm
                  and is a compact.
                  NRA Endowment Life Member
                  USMC 2001-2012

                  Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

                  John Dickerson: What keeps you awake at night?
                  James Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    hikingwithguns
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2012
                    • 554

                    Originally posted by cnj
                    Micro-compact 9mm? Maybe the Kahr PM9 or Kel-Tec PF9? The shield and some others mentioned are pigs (19 ounces or so).
                    Looking for DA/SA though.
                    This is public land, we're not hunting, we're hiking with guns. There are no deer or pigs on public land

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      BajaJames83
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jun 2011
                      • 6043

                      found it!


                      Oh reading comprehension isnt my stong point missed the microcompact part.
                      dont know of any in 9X19 most are 380 or 9X17

                      NRA Endowment Life Member
                      USMC 2001-2012

                      Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

                      John Dickerson: What keeps you awake at night?
                      James Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        hikingwithguns
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2012
                        • 554

                        No worries, you were close.

                        I guess I am not crazy and this doesn't exist yet. Hope Sig is on it...
                        This is public land, we're not hunting, we're hiking with guns. There are no deer or pigs on public land

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          cc426
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2013
                          • 647

                          yeah, not sure if such a firearm exists...

                          out of your list, what are you most willing to compromise on?
                          single stack
                          9mm
                          da/sa
                          microcompact

                          Maybe
                          sig 224 - not single stack though
                          Sig p938 - single action

                          Then you have a ton of DAO/striker options
                          Keltec PF9
                          kimber solo carry
                          ruger lc9
                          kahr cm9
                          beretta nano
                          S&W shield
                          Springfield xds

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            hikingwithguns
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2012
                            • 554

                            Yeah p938 was close, real sweet shooter. Could be slimmer though.
                            This is public land, we're not hunting, we're hiking with guns. There are no deer or pigs on public land

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              cc426
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2013
                              • 647

                              oh yeah CZ 2075 rami is an option but technically double stack...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1