Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

.357 Magnum, 2", 4", 6" Muzzle energy.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    MoltoMario
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2012
    • 818

    I really love my 3" SP101. IWB it carries quite well and has more heft then a J-frame to control the .357mag loads just a bit better. I will say .357mag loads aren't fun to shoot though. My hand is usually sore for a few days after 3-4 cylinders of .357mag loads. Also the stock trigger is grabage. I changed mine out with wolf springs to a 9lb main and 8lb return spring. I also cleaned up the burrs.

    I'm a Smith guy at heart. But I just couldn't find anything that gave me what t he SP101 did for the $$$. It is the only Ruger I own though..


    Untitled by mariozumbo, on Flickr
    sigpic
    Sacramento Black Rifle.

    Comment

    • #32
      GunnerMichael
      Member
      • Mar 2014
      • 255

      Recoil is not a big deal for me, and if it was one could always use .38 special cartridges. Let me just say I like shooting the 1600fps Super X Winchesters out of my Mossy 500 for practice. It makes me feel like I am getting the most out of the gun.

      Nice gun BTY.
      -Gunner

      Comment

      • #33
        GunnerMichael
        Member
        • Mar 2014
        • 255

        Originally posted by Dannicus
        It's no rumor.

        Until you approach Jack Nicholson's Joker barrel lengths.

        What are you talking about, he shot down Batman.
        -Gunner

        Comment

        • #34
          Bastard
          • Jul 2009
          • 2209

          4" just because they look better... there are other reasons, but lets be honest if it doesn't look good than nothing else matters.

          Comment

          • #35
            GunnerMichael
            Member
            • Mar 2014
            • 255

            Originally posted by Bastard
            4" just because they look better... there are other reasons, but lets be honest if it doesn't look good than nothing else matters.
            And I definitely need to look good while shooting burglars in the middle of the night in my boxers.



            But I agree, I think the 4" barrel is for me.

            Does anyone make a .357 mag 5" barrel? Or what about a 3.75" barrel? (now I'm just being ridiculous, right!)
            Last edited by GunnerMichael; 06-04-2014, 11:15 AM.
            -Gunner

            Comment

            • #36
              SloChicken
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2012
              • 4533

              S&W 686 plus 7 shot can be had in a 5" barrel
              sigpic

              Originally Posted by Cali-Shooter
              To me, it was a fist-fight, except that I did not counter-attack.

              Comment

              • #37
                TMB 1
                Calguns Addict
                • Dec 2012
                • 7153

                S&W also made the Model 60 with a 5" barrel. I don't know if they still do or not.
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #38
                  GunnerMichael
                  Member
                  • Mar 2014
                  • 255

                  Originally posted by SloChicken
                  S&W 686 plus 7 shot can be had in a 5" barrel
                  I actually know that there are many variations of the .357 revolver and I can probably get just about any set up I could think of. I think I will go with a 6 round 4".

                  Here is my issue, I have always believed in the underdog. There are many gun manufactures that get ridiculed for theirs guns being "cheap" or "to inexpensive". The funny thing is most of those manufacturers also make very nice high end guns also. Well I like to purchase said gun and show how my $400 what ever caliber is just as good as far as reliability and accuracy as you $1000 what ever caliber. But I do plan on owning one really over the top gun and it will be a Nighthawk 1911. Just need to put the wife through school an get her working, then I will own one. But for now I'm looking at a Taurus 65 4" in black.
                  -Gunner

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    TurboAR
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2007
                    • 857

                    I have no problem with recoil with a 4" , thats a 44 mag next to the 500.
                    Last edited by TurboAR; 06-04-2014, 12:00 PM.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      ChuckDizzle
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2013
                      • 4398

                      A .357 Magnum needs at least a 4" barrel to produce velocities which give the cartridge its famous advantages.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        hk200085
                        Member
                        • Apr 2013
                        • 473

                        I have a Smith 686-3 and a Colt Python both 4 inch

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          GunnerMichael
                          Member
                          • Mar 2014
                          • 255

                          Originally posted by TurboAR
                          I have no problem with recoil with a 4" , thats a 44 mag next to the 500.
                          That thing probably weighs as much as my shotgun.
                          -Gunner

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            Flyin Brian
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            • Oct 2009
                            • 3395

                            I guess I'm better off just throwing rocks instead using these for self defense?

                            NRA Life Member - CRPA Life Member - NRA Certified RSO - USN Veteran

                            I collect Military Arms and enjoy shooting in local matches. I also collect older Lever Actions, especially those chambered in odd/old cartridges. If you have a nice old Winchester or Marlin in 25-20, 32-40, 38-55, 40-60, 45-70, etc etc, please PM me and we can work out a deal.

                            Originally posted by TheExpertdouche
                            I wasn't kidding when I said this would all be over by Xmas... Stay tuned for good news next week.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              TurboAR
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2007
                              • 857

                              400 gr bullet

                              Originally posted by GunnerMichael
                              That thing probably weighs as much as my shotgun.
                              Yes its a bit on the heavy side, but the 400 gr bullet will stop almost anything. My next pistol is a 686 4" .

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                MoltoMario
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2012
                                • 818

                                I love my 4" 500 Mag
                                sigpic
                                Sacramento Black Rifle.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1