Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Nothing to look at

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • J-cat
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2005
    • 6626

    Nothing to look at

    My Glock's trigger pull always felt kinda crappy. I traced it to the trigger bar depressing the striker safety plunger. So I got a titanium one coated with TiN. This improved the feel of the trigger pull but not for long. The trigger bar wore off the TiN. Now I'm looking at the Apex safety. It's made of hard stainless. Should last longer.




  • #2
    Shenaniguns
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2006
    • 6158

    Tagged for interest
    My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

    Comment

    • #3
      J-cat
      Calguns Addict
      • May 2005
      • 6626

      Originally posted by punisheryayarea
      Who was the first one made from? Zev?
      The first photo is of the factory one. The second is Zev.

      Comment

      • #4
        roger1022
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2008
        • 2008

        Tag for interest
        You can give peace a chance...

        We'll cover you if it doesn't work out...

        Comment

        • #5
          J-cat
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2005
          • 6626

          OK, got the Apex part and installed it.

          It appears very high quality.

          It feels buttery smooth.

          We'll see how long that lasts.

          Comment

          • #6
            Gene1986
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2012
            • 835

            Why don't you polish them? Takes less then a minute.

            Comment

            • #7
              PowMeow
              Member
              • Apr 2014
              • 475

              .25 cent polish job.

              Comment

              • #8
                J-cat
                Calguns Addict
                • May 2005
                • 6626

                Originally posted by Gene1986
                Why don't you polish them? Takes less then a minute.
                because it will remove the chrome and the base metal rubbing on the trigger bar does not feel right

                the Apex part feels like the TiN part before the coating wore off

                Comment

                • #9
                  Shenaniguns
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 6158

                  Originally posted by J-cat
                  OK, got the Apex part and installed it.

                  It appears very high quality.

                  It feels buttery smooth.

                  We'll see how long that lasts.


                  Well the good thing is that there is no finish to wear off, the two M&P versions I owned had no wear after thousands of rounds.
                  My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    J-cat
                    Calguns Addict
                    • May 2005
                    • 6626

                    One thing I noticed when playing with it is that on this particular Glock the trigger bar flexes away from the plunger and wants to slide off to the left after having depressed it. My .40 doesn't do that. It rides on top of the plunger, depresses it, and stays on top as the trigger reaches it's point of release.

                    I wonder if the plunger is bottoming out? The trigger bar nub might be too tall.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Leethe4th
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2014
                      • 429

                      It's called the cruciform.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        J-cat
                        Calguns Addict
                        • May 2005
                        • 6626

                        No it's not.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          PowMeow
                          Member
                          • Apr 2014
                          • 475

                          Originally posted by J-cat
                          because it will remove the chrome and the base metal rubbing on the trigger bar does not feel right

                          the Apex part feels like the TiN part before the coating wore off
                          No it doesn't...it polishes the chrome not remove it.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            hossb7
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 2006
                            • 3285

                            Originally posted by J-cat
                            One thing I noticed when playing with it is that on this particular Glock the trigger bar flexes away from the plunger and wants to slide off to the left after having depressed it. My .40 doesn't do that. It rides on top of the plunger, depresses it, and stays on top as the trigger reaches it's point of release.

                            I wonder if the plunger is bottoming out? The trigger bar nub might be too tall.
                            What generation trigger bar? I can measure my Gen4 G19 this afternoon if you want.
                            We in Bangor, Maine now baby.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              J-cat
                              Calguns Addict
                              • May 2005
                              • 6626

                              You can't polish chrome without removing it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1