Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Help me choose my GSSF pistol model

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Gauss
    Member
    • May 2014
    • 155

    Help me choose my GSSF pistol model

    I like Glocks - a lot!

    In the recent GSSF match in Norco I won a random pistol and am thinking about which model to select once the coupon arrives. I currently own models 17, 19, 21, 22, 26, 27, 30, 34 and have a 35 waiting for an SSE kit.

    I'm pretty sure it has to be a California approved model so here are some options and what I like about each:
    31 - It might be nice to use the coupon on something out of the ordinary and I don't have anything in 357 Sig.

    20 - Similar to above but with the added cache of 10 mm.

    36 - Single stack 45 might be nice if I ever get around to getting a CCW. Also a natural gun to shoot Major Sub with.

    34 - Yes, already have one but I'm waiting on a slide with an RMR sight mounted in it. This would allow me to have a gun with standard and optical sight without having to switch slides.

    Any thoughts on the forums to help me choose?
  • #2
    tsoiky
    Senior Member
    • May 2013
    • 852

    You are a lucky man. Wish I win pistol at Richmond GSSF in Aug


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment

    • #3
      SILENT GUNMAN
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2013
      • 1468

      I would go with a Glock 29 if you think you might concealed carry it. If not go with the 20. Both can shoot .40 s&w out of the box so cheap ammo is available. You can also convert them to the 357 SIG you want with just a barrel swap.
      "Suck on my machine gun" (Ted Nugent)

      Originally posted by Fishslayer
      "9mm is for killing Europeans. For truly dangerous people you need a .45."
      Originally posted by fighterpilot562
      I showed up naked to ur house with cake. But you weren't home. YOur wife maced me. And I was arrested

      Comment

      • #4
        D53
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 2248

        I would say the 36. Yes you loose a little on round capacity, but the single stack grip makes the gun easy to shoot accurately (for myself at least). But I won't lie, an extra 34 with an RMR on it would be nice
        "Because 4 inches is big to a midget" - Dave Attell

        Comment

        • #5
          KrisDSA
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2014
          • 2850

          19 all day
          WildLeaks.org -
          Former Professional Strangler and Shooting Champ

          Comment

          • #6
            ricksOe
            Member
            • Sep 2010
            • 417

            G29 OR G32.. They would compliment your collection.
            Glock 17 Gen 3 [X]
            Glock 32 Gen 4
            Glock 20SF Gen 3 [X]

            Comment

            • #7
              Hdawg
              Member
              • Sep 2009
              • 460

              I second the G20 suggestion. Everyone should have at least one 10mm. Now I just need to get one for myself!
              Originally posted by CitaDeL
              Ante up or anti up. You decide.

              Comment

              • #8
                Don the savage
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2010
                • 2094

                I have a 31 which I love, great round, very flat
                The 20 is also a good choice only 10 mm that can handle the really big booms.
                And you can't go wrong with the 34. Throw some warren tac fiber optics on it and enjoy.
                I support peace through superior firepower.
                "Para ser libre, un hombre debe tener tres cosas, la tierra, una educacion y un fusil. Siempre un fusil ! (To be free, a man must have three things; land, an education and a rifle. Always a rifle)" -Emiliano Zapata.

                Originally posted by rsrocket1
                Of course they are in free territory where they can pick up ammunition at the local 5 and dime without going through a criminal background check. All we get is legalized pot.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Gauss
                  Member
                  • May 2014
                  • 155

                  The 36 is a pretty popular option in this thread, I'll go see if my local range rents 'em and give it a whirl.

                  I'll definitely have a 34 with an RMR, another would backfill and be kept with the iron (plastic?) sights.

                  Originally posted by D53
                  I would say the 36. Yes you loose a little on round capacity, but the single stack grip makes the gun easy to shoot accurately (for myself at least). But I won't lie, an extra 34 with an RMR on it would be nice

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Gauss
                    Member
                    • May 2014
                    • 155

                    I don't think a compact wold be my first 10mm handgun. I generally start with a full size and if I like the caliber branch out into the smaller sizes.

                    The caliber flexibility is a definite plus though.

                    Originally posted by SILENT GUNMAN
                    I would go with a Glock 29 if you think you might concealed carry it. If not go with the 20. Both can shoot .40 s&w out of the box so cheap ammo is available. You can also convert them to the 357 SIG you want with just a barrel swap.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Gauss
                      Member
                      • May 2014
                      • 155

                      Originally posted by tsoiky
                      You are a lucky man. Wish I win pistol at Richmond GSSF in Aug

                      Who knows, you may luck out! Glock is pretty generous giving out the prizes. This was my 4th match with 16 division entries total. If my schedule allows I'll drive up to Richmond for that match too.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Gauss
                        Member
                        • May 2014
                        • 155

                        Originally posted by KrisDSA
                        19 all day

                        Already have a 19. If I were to add a second it would probably be a Gen 4 in a color other than black.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Gauss
                          Member
                          • May 2014
                          • 155

                          Originally posted by ricksOe
                          G29 OR G32.. They would compliment your collection.
                          My hands generally fit the full size pistols better, so it woudl be 31 over 32 for a first 357 sig pistol.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Gauss
                            Member
                            • May 2014
                            • 155

                            Originally posted by CJ5&G23
                            G23 if you want to complete your 40cal lineup, or a second of your favorite.

                            23 is another one I'd probably go Gen 4 with so that rules out using the GSSF coupon.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Gauss
                              Member
                              • May 2014
                              • 155

                              Originally posted by Don the savage
                              I have a 31 which I love, great round, very flat
                              The 20 is also a good choice only 10 mm that can handle the really big booms.
                              And you can't go wrong with the 34. Throw some warren tac fiber optics on it and enjoy.

                              There really are lots of good choices.

                              At this moment in time I'm leaning towards the 20. We'll see if this opinion holds up by the time the coupon arrives.


                              Thanks to all for their suggestions!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1