Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Springfield EMP or ???

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ProLibertate
    Member
    • Mar 2014
    • 120

    Springfield EMP or ???

    Aside from the Springfield EMP, is there any small 9mm 1911 available in CA? I suspect the answer is 'no'. Is there an SSE alternative that I should consider?
    sigpic
  • #2
    cosmos7
    Member
    • Jan 2006
    • 332

    Sig P938 is very 1911-like, and is both smaller and lighter than the EMP.

    Comment

    • #3
      toneman
      Member
      • Apr 2008
      • 328

      EMP very nice and accurate handgun beautiful to look at but it's heavy almost same weight as a full size 1911. but it's nice.

      Comment

      • #4
        colossians323
        Crusader for the truth!
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Oct 2005
        • 21637

        I'm looking at one in .40. I want to find better reviews than the ones I am finding. Anyone own one?
        LIVE FREE OR DIE!

        M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

        Originally posted by M. Sage
        I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.

        Comment

        • #5
          Orangevale45
          Junior Member
          • Sep 2013
          • 47

          Can't get an EMP 40 in California without SSE. I settled for the 9mm. OP, IMO, there really isn't a 9mm 1911 that is comparable to the EMP 9. If you find one, I'm all ears!

          Comment

          • #6
            phantomx48
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2013
            • 525

            I do have a CA Shield in jail right now, and I have a feeling that one will get a lot of holster time as well. It is not a 1911 by any means, but it is also less than half the price and from what I hear (and from limited range time), it will be a great shooter.
            Last edited by phantomx48; 07-23-2015, 3:09 PM.

            Comment

            • #7
              ShooterStymie
              Member
              • Dec 2012
              • 498

              Kimber Ultra Aegis II would be the closest 9mm 1911 that I can think of. The Sig 938 is smaller, and while the controls are similar to a 1911, the system is kind of different I think.

              Comment

              • #8
                Orangevale45
                Junior Member
                • Sep 2013
                • 47

                Originally posted by toneman
                EMP very nice and accurate handgun beautiful to look at but it's heavy almost same weight as a full size 1911. but it's nice.
                Not even close...

                My EMP, loaded: 29.8 oz
                My Colt 1911, loaded (full size); 42.4 oz

                Comment

                • #9
                  cc426
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2013
                  • 647

                  Originally posted by Orangevale45
                  Not even close...

                  My EMP, loaded: 29.8 oz
                  My Colt 1911, loaded (full size); 42.4 oz
                  yeah, the 9mm alloy frame is significantly lighter unless you get the steel frame 40., even then its 30oz vs 26oz alloy 9mm emp vs 42oz for my TRP

                  there are a few other options most notably the Kimber Ultra Carry, and the Dan Wesson ECO

                  I have an EMP, and i love it. If money isn't an issue, i might look at the Dan Wesson but i have no regrets with the EMP

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    jyo
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Sep 2008
                    • 5320

                    I've shot three different 9mm EMPs---really great smaller pistols of the 1911 type---but I went with the HK P2000 9mm---lighter, holds more rounds (10+1), amazing shooter, etc.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      stormvet
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Mar 2010
                      • 12681

                      I'm gonna be buying a used EMP 9mm in a few days. If anyone with a EMP .40 wants to trade let me know. I'd reather have it in .40 but getting a good deal on the 9.
                      Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        toneman
                        Member
                        • Apr 2008
                        • 328

                        Originally posted by Orangevale45
                        Not even close...

                        My EMP, loaded: 29.8 oz
                        My Colt 1911, loaded (full size); 42.4 oz
                        Oops My bad, I didn't mean to give you guys false information,
                        I'm saying it's petty heavy compare to the size of the gun and feel to me is heavy as my full size 1911. sorry !!!!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Orangevale45
                          Junior Member
                          • Sep 2013
                          • 47

                          Originally posted by toneman
                          Oops My bad, I didn't mean to give you guys false information,
                          I'm saying it's petty heavy compare to the size of the gun and feel to me is heavy as my full size 1911. sorry !!!!
                          No harm! Since I have both and I list the EMP as one of my carry pistols on my permit, I'd thought I'd list the actual loaded weights.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Nor*Cal
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 2011
                            • 2687

                            I own the EMP .40 and really like it. Great gun.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              colossians323
                              Crusader for the truth!
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 21637

                              Originally posted by Orangevale45
                              Can't get an EMP 40 in California without SSE. I settled for the 9mm. OP, IMO, there really isn't a 9mm 1911 that is comparable to the EMP 9. If you find one, I'm all ears!
                              Thank you captain obvious! that was helpful
                              LIVE FREE OR DIE!

                              M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

                              Originally posted by M. Sage
                              I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1