Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Three handguns to sell. Value? Selling process?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • top1783
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2008
    • 16

    Three handguns to sell. Value? Selling process?

  • #2
    top1783
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2008
    • 16

    I received a notice that a private email message was sent from someone regarding this post. It may have been an auto reply or from a site administrator. I wasn't able to open that as presented–something about a popup blocker. Sorry to have missed that. Admin?

    Comment

    • #3
      Matt P
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2006
      • 3101

      Top, why not just post them in the area for firearm sales?
      Reading through your post you already have a good idea of their value. Im not sure what you are looking for more of here?
      Read some of the other sellers posts on weapons to get an idea of how to compose yours.
      You almost must have pictures. Harder to sale without them.

      Sale them for whatever you like, or go on the internet and find forums dedicated to these models, or manufactures.

      Have you just tried a "selling Colt .380 gov, model" as a word search through your friend google?

      It shouldnt take you more then a few mins. using the internet..
      My WTB of Anything Glock 1-2 Generation, Tupperware, Manuals or Parts. Press Me

      Comment

      • #4
        top1783
        Junior Member
        • Aug 2008
        • 16

        13luck. I got your message. I realize my post is essentially a solicitation to potential buyers, but as I haven't determined the value, or an asking price for these, I thought I'd post here as opposed to the Marketplace Form, as per the rules. Where would my query best be posted?

        I'll take pics today, but will probably post them on my web space with a link to that, unless I find that pics are easily attached here. Thanks

        Comment

        • #5
          13luck
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2007
          • 666

          Nope it was a member me

          You should post these under classified with a price and pictures when you want to sell them. (Can not be auction style but fixed price)

          As far as the price that is up to you. It can very based on condtion and how rare they are.

          If they are not older then 50 years old they need to be done as a PPT. face to face in CA.

          Welcome to the site

          13luck

          Comment

          • #6
            top1783
            Junior Member
            • Aug 2008
            • 16

            Matt P, thanks for the input. I have made it my business to learn a bit about these guns and their value, just wasn't sure how to place a final price on them. First-timer looking for a little hand-holding, I guess. But you're right, I could get off the pot and post them for sale and see what happens. Reading the rules, I just wanted to get it right. Thanks.

            Comment

            • #7
              13luck
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2007
              • 666

              Originally posted by top1783
              13luck. I got your message. I realize my post is essentially a solicitation to potential buyers, but as I haven't determined the value, or an asking price for these, I thought I'd post here as opposed to the Marketplace Form, as per the rules. Where would my query best be posted?

              I'll take pics today, but will probably post them on my web space with a link to that, unless I find that pics are easily attached here. Thanks
              Pictures would really help with values on older guns like these. When you go to sell them post them in the classified market place area with a fixed price and pictures.

              Also in CA there is a premium depending on how rare the gun is in CA. Can range from 5% or much higher. Unless its more then 50 years old and a C&R.

              Cheers
              13luck

              Comment

              • #8
                top1783
                Junior Member
                • Aug 2008
                • 16

                13luck, got that. Not sure what PPT means. Person to person transfer? Certainly, the S&W and the Beretta are over 50 years. The Colt, 23 years. Would these transactions need to take place at a dealer?

                Comment

                • #9
                  13luck
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 666

                  private party transfer, yes all most be sold at a dealer FFL. Does not matter on age with pistols.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    top1783
                    Junior Member
                    • Aug 2008
                    • 16

                    Still not sure what the 50 year old thing is about, but I won't belabor the point. C&R?
                    Let me get some pics of these, and then I won't feel as if I'm spinning everyones wheels. Back in 30 minutes or so. Thanks.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      13luck
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2007
                      • 666

                      curio and relic means any gun over 50 years old.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        ke6guj
                        Moderator
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Nov 2003
                        • 23725

                        PPT= Person-to-Person-Transfer. PPT has a specific meaning in the PC, that is two CA residents both go to the dealer at the same time to make the transfer through the dealer. The dealer is allowed to charge a maximum of $35 to do this. ALL handgun transfers in CA must go through a dealer, with the exception of intra-family transfer or estate bequests.

                        The fact that the S&W and Berreta are over 50-years allows you to ship those handguns to a CA dealer so the transfer could be done far away, such as SoCal. The Colt could not, since I doubt it is on the Roster of "safe handguns". The 50+year old handguns are exempt from the roster.
                        Jack



                        Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

                        No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          hawk1
                          In Memoriam
                          • Dec 2005
                          • 7555

                          PPT is a private party transfer done at a gunshop.
                          Anytime you have the box it will add money to the value of your firearm. Some more than others. Colts fall under this catagory and add big value. If a guy says the Colt box doesn't add value, then turn and run. Do some research before you sell them for less than they are valued.
                          sigpicNRA LIFE MEMBER

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            What Just Happened?
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 2007
                            • 2504

                            The private message would still be in your message box. Go to the top of the page, and click on the 'Private Messages' that's highlighted in blue.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              13luck
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2007
                              • 666

                              Here is a site just to get a idea from or range of value.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1