Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

want a 1911 need help deciding

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mr. Patis
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2012
    • 1293

    want a 1911 need help deciding

    I have a $1000 budget for a 1911...I never owned a 1911 so this is going to be my first...I have glocks and xd9.

    I need suggestions on which one to look at..this is going to be mainly a range toy so I would like a full size...I was thinking of doing an SSE on a SA range officer.
  • #2
    Jimmybacon43
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2013
    • 2000

    Uhhhhhhhhh

    Springfield Armory Loaded
    Kimber Custom II or whatever their $1000 model is
    SW1911
    Whatever the Colt 1911 is. It's like $1,000 I'm pretty sure.
    Originally posted by RookieShooter
    One of the theory is that the hormones they put in the milk. That is why there are more obesity and homosexual today then back in the 60's.

    Comment

    • #3
      ricksOe
      Member
      • Sep 2010
      • 417

      Get a RIA and use the rest of the money on ammo.
      Glock 17 Gen 3 [X]
      Glock 32 Gen 4
      Glock 20SF Gen 3 [X]

      Comment

      • #4
        350skylark
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2012
        • 1129

        I have Springfield loaded in 45 and its great. I would only consider the range officer if you don't mind adjustable sights. A loaded can be found for less then $1000 pretty easy. Ive never owned one but i hear alot of mixed reviews about kimbers.
        Selling lots of Pistol brass, lots of 38 and 44 mag!
        http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...4#post15935994

        Comment

        • #5
          Mr. Patis
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2012
          • 1293

          is the ria tactical fullsize off roster?

          Comment

          • #6
            350skylark
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2012
            • 1129

            Originally posted by Mr. Patis
            is the ria tactical fullsize off roster?
            No it on the roster, i had one before i bought my loaded. Its a great 1911 definitely the best at the price point. That being said i believe the loaded to be worth the extra money.
            Selling lots of Pistol brass, lots of 38 and 44 mag!
            http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...4#post15935994

            Comment

            • #7
              Mr. Patis
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2012
              • 1293

              Thanks...I think I'm going to look for the SA loaded tomorrow

              Comment

              • #8
                Justindo
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 15

                With a $1,000 budget I'd go with a Smith & Wesson.

                Comment

                • #9
                  machrono
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2012
                  • 637

                  Personal Preference. Go to Island View or a similar good range that has several different 1911 rentals you can try first. You will be surprised how they don't all feel or shoot the same.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Nick Adams
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2011
                    • 1329

                    Colt has been making them continuously for 103 years.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      speedrrracer
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2011
                      • 3355

                      Originally posted by machrono
                      Personal Preference. Go to Island View or a similar good range that has several different 1911 rentals you can try first. You will be surprised how they don't all feel or shoot the same.
                      Stop making logical posts. You're screwing everything up

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Virus55
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2012
                        • 1697

                        Get a SA or a Kimber.
                        Active Law Enforcement
                        Certified Glock Armorer
                        Hunter & Fisherman
                        God Bless The USA
                        Lets Go Brandon!!!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Nick Adams
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2011
                          • 1329

                          With regards to the Springfeild, how come everyone hates the lock and key on S&W revolvers but it is a non-issue with Springfeild
                          1911s?

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Mr. Patis
                            Senior Member
                            • Aug 2012
                            • 1293

                            What do you guys think of the sig 1911s like the nitron model? Its $925 at turners

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              350skylark
                              Senior Member
                              • Jun 2012
                              • 1129

                              Originally posted by Nick Adams
                              With regards to the Springfeild, how come everyone hates the lock and key on S&W revolvers but it is a non-issue with Springfeild
                              1911s?
                              I have heard alot of dislike for the ILS in the mainspring housing, it doesnt matter to me but alot of people swap it out. It seems mostly because more things can go wrong but ive never heard of a case where it locked up on its own or something.
                              Last edited by 350skylark; 04-11-2014, 9:07 PM.
                              Selling lots of Pistol brass, lots of 38 and 44 mag!
                              http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...4#post15935994

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1