Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

LCR in pocket

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • vospertw
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2012
    • 791

    LCR in pocket

    I've heard a lot of folks say it's an easy pocket carry pistol, but every so often I will read a review that says the opposite. Maybe the problem is "which pocket"? I've been thinking about using one as a second carry weapon. I work in an office where khakis or dress slacks are pretty much required, jeans on my off time and weekends. Would the LCR be concealable in khakis or jeans? I'm thinking maybe I would switch to pleated front pants to help break up the outline. Anyone have any experience with the same type of dress and pocket carry? Thanks in advance.
    Jesus Saves!
  • #2
    rickterscale
    Member
    • May 2013
    • 293

    I have an LCR, and don't really consider it a pocket-able gun. The only pocket I have that I can fit it in is a large cargo pocket in cargo pants, and even then it ends up making my pants swing around while I'm walking. So for me, no, it is not generally a pocket carry pistol. Doable in cargo pants, but definitely not in khakis or jeans - for me at least.

    Comment

    • #3
      vospertw
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2012
      • 791

      Ok for IWB with a t-shirt or does the cylinder make it tough? Appreciate the info; your experience is similar to an article I read yesterday. That guy ended up only being comfortable with OWB, which I'm not sure makes sense to me.
      Jesus Saves!

      Comment

      • #4
        junior40er
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2013
        • 3315

        tried it, did not like it. Even the LC9 is too big for pocket carry. Only gun I have that is TRULY a pocket postil is my LCP.
        Visit my Channel "Steel On Target" on YouTube and subscribe. I post gun videos reg regularly.

        Comment

        • #5
          Grumpyoldretiredcop
          Calguns Addict
          • Sep 2008
          • 6437

          I pocket carry a S&W 642 in a Nemesis pocket holster when wearing a suit. It isn't quite unnoticeable to me, but is a convenient and well concealed way to carry when I might have to take off my jacket in public. I can't manage the same carry in jeans, the pockets aren't big enough. In contrast, my S&W Mod 60 is not a comfortable carry as even though the same size as the 642 it weighs more, which causes the pocket to sag and swing when I walk.

          I would think that the LCR would carry as easily as the 642, provided that your pockets are large enough to accommodate the pistol and holster.
          I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!

          Comment

          • #6
            67goat
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2012
            • 896

            Most khakis and dress pants I own work fine. Jeans are more hit or miss depending on the cut of the jeans. I don't have any IWB holsters for this gun, but I can't see that being a problem for me. Lightweight and ~1.28 inches at the widest, not too hard for me to conceal.

            Comment

            • #7
              rickterscale
              Member
              • May 2013
              • 293

              I carry it IWB all the time with a Remora holster, usually wearing shorts and a t-shirt (not tight but not baggy). The grip really hugs my hip/torso so it conceals very well this way. It isn't all that comfortable for long periods of time because the pistol is much thicker at the cylinder, which I find provides a bit of a pressure point, so I find myself shifting it around a bit. But overall I really like how it conceals IWB.

              Comment

              • #8
                drpepper
                Member
                • Oct 2011
                • 286

                I carry it all the time in pocket of jeans shorts. As long as it isn't skinny jeans with small pockets. I use a mikes holster.

                Comment

                • #9
                  DartFrog
                  Member
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 113

                  Originally posted by rickterscale
                  I carry it IWB all the time with a Remora holster, usually wearing shorts and a t-shirt (not tight but not baggy). The grip really hugs my hip/torso so it conceals very well this way. It isn't all that comfortable for long periods of time because the pistol is much thicker at the cylinder, which I find provides a bit of a pressure point, so I find myself shifting it around a bit. But overall I really like how it conceals IWB.
                  Same here. The combination of the remora and the LCR seem perfect to me. I have a desantis(sp) pocket holster for those times when I want to slip the LCR into a jacket pocket. But 99% of the time when I carry the LCR it is in the Remora.
                  "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." Thomas Jefferson

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Germz
                    Vendor/Retailer
                    • Apr 2013
                    • 4691

                    Shoot I see it daily in the Corps. They are postponing Gunnery Sergeant selection boards until Aug or Sep so they can review all records and look for reasons to kick out anyone with a bad mark.

                    All they want in the Corps now are "Yes" men....
                    Retired Account

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      RollingCode3
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 3221

                      I had a hard time pocket carry the LCR so i sold it. It is way too big for my pocket.
                      Any gun owner who does not support the NRA is a freeloader.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        vospertw
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2012
                        • 791

                        I thought it might be a good option for warmer weather, t-shirt/shorts, in place of a primary carry Glock. Sounds like it might be a matter of finding the right type of clothing to really make it work well, but it will work.
                        Jesus Saves!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          HPGunner
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2009
                          • 1359

                          Originally posted by junior40er
                          tried it, did not like it. Even the LC9 is too big for pocket carry. Only gun I have that is TRULY a pocket postil is my LCP.
                          The LCP is tiny. It's the ideal pocket carry. Using a DeSantis Nemsis pocket holster it works great as a pocket gun. It'll will be for sure one of my CCW options.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ramathorn
                            Senior Member
                            • Oct 2010
                            • 1652

                            If you want true pocket carry, look up LCP. Different gun. LCP is a small 380 that you'd be able to toss in a pocket.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              vospertw
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2012
                              • 791

                              Originally posted by ramathorn
                              If you want true pocket carry, look up LCP. Different gun. LCP is a small 380 that you'd be able to toss in a pocket.
                              I'm familiar with it but I guess I always thought the LCR was "small" enough - this thread certainly gives me reason to look again at the LCP.
                              Jesus Saves!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1