Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Rem XP-100 in 7mm laser?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nsginc
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Aug 2007
    • 671

    Rem XP-100 in 7mm laser?

    Hello, I got an coworker selling an remington XP-100 in 7mm laser. I beleave it started life as an 7mm br. It had the work done by a shop called Laser gun works. Does anyone have any info on them and this caliber. It does come with dies and brass but little else. Thank you for your time.
  • #2
    Guntech
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2008
    • 1722

    Just put a laser on a XP-100
    " I think the National Rifle Association is more feared than any of those associations,"
    -Bob Schieffer, CBS News chief Washington correspondent


    Comment

    • #3
      tunder
      Member
      • Oct 2007
      • 267

      Without loading data for the cartridge or details on fireforming the brass it's tough to reload a possible wildcat cartridge. Unless you can get more info from Laser gun works on exactly what the cartridge is, I'd pass.

      Or, if the price is right, rebarrel or rechamber the gun.
      "Where the Hell do you put the bayonet?"- Chesty Puller, on first seeing a flamethrower

      Comment

      • #4
        Fjold
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Oct 2005
        • 23062

        To me it's only worh the cost of the stock and action. Like it was said above developing load data for a widcat is a pain and unless this cartridge will do something that no other will, it's not worth it to me.
        Frank

        One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375




        Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF

        Comment

        • #5
          nsginc
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Aug 2007
          • 671

          Thanks for your opions guys. It is not looking like an good idea to pick this up. I don't have to give him an answer untell the end of the week.

          Comment

          • #6
            JTROKS
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Nov 2007
            • 13093

            Who blueprinted this cartridge? What factory cartridge is it based on? Get more info and we can probably come up with approximate performance. Really nothing majical about it, neck down a given cartridge will provide higher velocities for a lighter boolit, neck up and it gives you bigger holes. Seating depth of bullets is also important. Also one very important info is, who did the work?
            The wise man said just find your place
            In the eye of the storm
            Seek the roses along the way
            Just beware of the thorns...
            K. Meine

            Comment

            • #7
              sbalades
              Junior Member
              • Aug 2009
              • 1

              hi, i have info on the 7mm laser.I can send the info by mail don't have a scaner. my 7mm was made by Iron sight gunworks(jo& jerry barlett)upland,CA. Info is on the 7mm laser unlimited & 7mm laser jr hope it helps. my email is rbalades@hotmail.com so you can send me your info

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1