Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Walther PPS and PPQ Sights?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • penguinofsleep
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 2070

    Walther PPS and PPQ Sights?

    Wondering if anyone knows of any after market Walther PPS or PPQ sights where the rear notch isn't as wide?
    Don't have numbers for a PPS available, but a PPQ rear notch measures .1775" wide, front blade measures .141" wide. Would prefer a rear notch to be .12"-.14" wide and a narrower front sight of the same .12-.14" width as well.

    Right now I'm thinking of a 10-8 Performance PPQ rear sight fitted for the PPS (I know for sure it's done before by a little extra filing in areas that are meant to be filed for fitting the 10-8 sights anyways). Also considering the Dawson Rears. However, both have a U shaped rear notch which I'm not a huge fan of, but right now it's preferred over the (to me) excessively wide rear notch both come with. Not sure about the fronts yet.

    Lastly, if I'm not mistaken, P99/PPQ/PPS front sights are all interchangeable (may require minor fitting).

    If it matters, deciding between Walther PPS and Beretta Nano right now, most likely for CCW (once it is available). If switching sights on the PPS isn't allowed for CCW in OC, I may just get the Nano instead.
    Last edited by penguinofsleep; 03-21-2014, 12:45 AM.
  • #2
    Kalakaua
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2013
    • 41

    I don't know for the PPS but for the Q, is this close to what you're looking for?

    Rear sight: https://www.dawsonprecision.com/Cate...er+Rear+Sights

    Front sight: https://www.dawsonprecision.com/Cate...r+Front+Sights

    Comment

    • #3
      penguinofsleep
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2012
      • 2070

      oops, meant to type dawson, not warren rears. op edited.

      jesse - do you have the dawsons on a pps or ppq? how are you liking the sights?

      Comment

      • #4
        ruddogg
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2010
        • 2581

        you might be able to get more info here http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppq/

        Comment

        • #5
          stormvet
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Mar 2010
          • 12681

          I am a U notch fan, waiting for the Trijicon HDs to hit the market. Yeah I know, not holding my breath. In the mean time I just ordered a 10/8 brass bead for the front and will stay with the plastic rear until the HDs are out. the brass bead front will then be transferred to my TP-9.
          Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1