Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Question regarding buying a handgun

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Nullzero
    Member
    • Apr 2008
    • 125

    Question regarding buying a handgun

    Is a voter registration card a valid second ID option to purchase a handgun? I have a drivers license as my primary ID.
  • #2
    leelaw
    Junior Member
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Oct 2005
    • 10445

    No, it is not.

    Utility bill, vehicle registration, rental agreement, and some others.

    Comment

    • #3
      C_1
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2008
      • 1504

      The most popular would be a utility bill, vehicle registration, or bank account statement. I'm not too sure what else will work, but there are others..

      Comment

      • #4
        Nullzero
        Member
        • Apr 2008
        • 125

        Originally posted by C_1
        The most popular would be a utility bill, vehicle registration, or bank account statement. I'm not too sure what else will work, but there are others..
        I heard; Bank Account Statements are no good... The problem I have no utility bill or rental agreement in my name (Live with the parents) and no current vehicle registration I sold my car a year ago. I meet all other requirements for a handgun besides show a second form of ID proving you live at the address. I am kind of in a bind to figure out what I could use as a second form of ID that proves I live at my address. I have no problem buying long guns of any sort... have two of them atm. I have a cell phone bill in my name (I hear this is no good either). Also have various Bank Statements and Credit Card Statements.
        Last edited by Nullzero; 08-07-2008, 6:49 PM.

        Comment

        • #5
          C_1
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2008
          • 1504

          I, too, don't have any utilities under my name, only a cellphone bill. So I asked them what else can I use and they informed me that a vehicle registration or bank account statement will work. Haven't bought a handgun yet, so I'm not sure if its good, but call your local gun shop and ask them what they will take as proof of residency.

          Comment

          • #6
            Matt C
            Calguns Addict
            • Feb 2006
            • 7128

            You could also have your parents draw up some sort of simple rental agreement for you.
            I do not provide legal services or practice law (yet).

            The troublemaker formerly known as Blackwater OPS.

            Comment

            • #7
              Nullzero
              Member
              • Apr 2008
              • 125

              Originally posted by C_1
              I, too, don't have any utilities under my name, only a cellphone bill. So I asked them what else can I use and they informed me that a vehicle registration or bank account statement will work. Haven't bought a handgun yet, so I'm not sure if its good, but call your local gun shop and ask them what they will take as proof of residency.
              When I went to turners all they mentioned as acceptable secondary IDs was Vehicle Registration, Utility that is tied to location, and or Lease/Rental agreement.

              Comment

              • #8
                jeffyboy
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2008
                • 927

                Do a search, this has been asked and answered numerous times

                Comment

                • #9
                  Nullzero
                  Member
                  • Apr 2008
                  • 125

                  Yeah I should of used the search feature. The only question I have that is still up in the air is the status of Bank Statements as proof of residency? I hear some people say they work and Turners will accept them others say no... official word from the california site did not specifically say No bank statements like they did with Cell Phone bills.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Matt C
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Feb 2006
                    • 7128

                    Originally posted by Nullzero
                    Yeah I should of used the search feature. The only question I have that is still up in the air is the status of Bank Statements as proof of residency? I hear some people say they work and Turners will accept them others say no... official word from the california site did not specifically say No bank statements like they did with Cell Phone bills.
                    It's really up to your FFL.
                    I do not provide legal services or practice law (yet).

                    The troublemaker formerly known as Blackwater OPS.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      sorensen440
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Mar 2007
                      • 8612

                      My last two handguns I used an IRS monthly statement
                      "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        hawk1
                        In Memoriam
                        • Dec 2005
                        • 7555

                        Originally posted by Nullzero
                        Yeah I should of used the search feature. The only question I have that is still up in the air is the status of Bank Statements as proof of residency? I hear some people say they work and Turners will accept them others say no... official word from the california site did not specifically say No bank statements like they did with Cell Phone bills.
                        Take two seconds and call Turners and ask...
                        sigpicNRA LIFE MEMBER

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          C_1
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2008
                          • 1504

                          You should call your local gun shop and ask.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Guntech
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2008
                            • 1722

                            You don't have a car? Don't you kind of need one to get a job...
                            " I think the National Rifle Association is more feared than any of those associations,"
                            -Bob Schieffer, CBS News chief Washington correspondent


                            Comment

                            • #15
                              mike452
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 1510

                              Google for rental agreement and fill it out..
                              ======

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1