Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Just bought a Ruger LCRX

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • drifter2be
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 2177

    Just bought a Ruger LCRX

    Super stoked about it. I have been wanting one of these since they announced it a few months ago. I was waiting for them to announce a 357mag model, but have given up on that for now.

    I got this one for a killer price on a gunbroker auction, $326 + $30 shipping, my FFL will charge me $20 for the transfer, which means I am getting it for about $70 less than the cheapest I could find locally, and will be promptly rolling the savings into a front night sight and some speedloaders.

    I used to have a standard LCR 38+P and my only gripe about the gun was the DAO trigger, which while it was better than any S&W Airweight DAO trigger I have ever shot, was still a DAO trigger, and ended up switching out for a S&W 637 in order to have a revolver that could be cocked into single action.

    Looking forward to getting this thing out to the range if it is here by next weekend. My plan is to run a few hundred rounds through this gun, put it in my carry rotation and maybe even shoot my NV CCW qualification with it.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L Mencken
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. - Han Solo

    "Moms Demand Action" sounds less like a gun control group and more like the title of a porn flick from the mid-90s.
  • #2
    Bad Caselaw
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2013
    • 808

    Nice.

    Let us know how it shoots.

    I'm fine w/ a .38+P out of a 2" bbl... who needs the high-pressure report and fireworks display (and additional weight) of a magnum when the 135gr. +P SB/GD's do this...



    Am looking for one as well.




    Caselaw
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies things."

    - Col. LB "Chesty" Puller USMC - Chosin Reservoir

    Comment

    Working...
    UA-8071174-1