Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Difference tween the XD 45 and XDm 45?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mlevans66
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2009
    • 9516

    Difference tween the XD 45 and XDm 45?

    I looking to get a new 45 and really like the XD but was wondering the different between the two besides looks and a match barrel. Can the XDm hold more rounds then the XD? I know the price difference is about $300 more due to Ca "pay to play" list at Parallax. Does anyone also know if anyone is selling one under $750.00 in the Sa Cal area? I call D.A.S and they are out of the 4.5 I want. Thanks for the info and help!
    The liberal see's the glass as half full and tries to take more.
    The conservative see's glass as half empty and tries to keep it that way.
    I'm with the people on the side just pouring water in the glass trying to get a drink!
  • #2
    drkphibr
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2010
    • 2462

    I believe the "m" refers to a match barrel. Same gun essentially from my understanding.

    Comment

    • #3
      mlevans66
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2009
      • 9516

      Originally posted by drkphibr
      I believe the "m" refers to a match barrel. Same gun essentially from my understanding.
      Hmmm I read this also and I'm really starting to move to the XD 45 4 incher due to price but I will keep looking. Thanks for the reply.
      The liberal see's the glass as half full and tries to take more.
      The conservative see's glass as half empty and tries to keep it that way.
      I'm with the people on the side just pouring water in the glass trying to get a drink!

      Comment

      • #4
        jonzer77
        • Jul 2010
        • 8525

        Originally posted by mlevans66
        I looking to get a new 45 and really like the XD but was wondering the different between the two besides looks and a match barrel. Can the XDm hold more rounds then the XD? I know the price difference is about $300 more due to Ca "pay to play" list at Parallax. Does anyone also know if anyone is selling one under $750.00 in the Sa Cal area? I call D.A.S and they are out of the 4.5 I want. Thanks for the info and help!
        Do you reload? If you do and you like using swc bullets then I go with the xdm since the xd won't feed them. They corrected the problem with the xdm.
        Originally posted by barrage
        That's because Excelsior threads are like toilet bowls. They're made for crapping in and occasionally pissing on the side of.

        Comment

        • #5
          mlevans66
          Calguns Addict
          • Oct 2009
          • 9516

          Originally posted by jonzer77
          Do you reload? If you do and you like using swc bullets then I go with the xdm since the xd won't feed them. They corrected the problem with the xdm.
          No Im to lazy to reload and what is the issue with the SWC bullets?
          The liberal see's the glass as half full and tries to take more.
          The conservative see's glass as half empty and tries to keep it that way.
          I'm with the people on the side just pouring water in the glass trying to get a drink!

          Comment

          • #6
            jonzer77
            • Jul 2010
            • 8525

            Originally posted by mlevans66
            No Im to lazy to reload and what is the issue with the SWC bullets?
            The Xd won't feed them but if you don't reload it's not a big deal. Glocks won't feed them either from what I have read so it's not a big deal unless you already like that particular bullet. It has to do with the angle the gun feeds the bullet that makes it jam. It won't have any issues with ball or jhp though so you will be fine. I like SWC because they leave nice clean holes in the target for scoring.
            Originally posted by barrage
            That's because Excelsior threads are like toilet bowls. They're made for crapping in and occasionally pissing on the side of.

            Comment

            • #7
              mlevans66
              Calguns Addict
              • Oct 2009
              • 9516

              Originally posted by jonzer77
              The Xd won't feed them but if you don't reload it's not a big deal. Glocks won't feed them either from what I have read so it's not a big deal unless you already like that particular bullet. It has to do with the angle the gun feeds the bullet that makes it jam. It won't have any issues with ball or jhp though so you will be fine. I like SWC because they leave nice clean holes in the target for scoring.
              Well that was a great explanation. Thanks!
              The liberal see's the glass as half full and tries to take more.
              The conservative see's glass as half empty and tries to keep it that way.
              I'm with the people on the side just pouring water in the glass trying to get a drink!

              Comment

              • #8
                AregularGuy
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2013
                • 2792

                Standard xdm is 4.5 inch or 3.8 inch, also a compact 3.8 inch. Xdm's have different texturing and 3 backstraps you can change for a better fit. XD comes in 5, 4, 3 inch barrels, no adjustable backstraps. The xdm 45 is the only xdm in the line that shares magazines with its xd line counterpart, so proper 10 rounders are available. I have 2 xd's in 9mm and prefer the feel of my xdm. I skipped the XD in 45 and went straight to the xdm 45. Is it worth an extra 300? Hard to say. Try to find one you can shoot then decide.
                Last edited by AregularGuy; 03-16-2014, 3:12 PM. Reason: typo, another typo
                All posts dedicated to the memory of Stronzo Bestiale

                "You want my sister but now scam my Glocks too?
                How about my sister? what can she do now? Still virgin and need Glcok."

                ---ARegularGuy

                NRA Patron Member

                Comment

                • #9
                  mlevans66
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 9516

                  Originally posted by AregularGuy
                  Standard xdm is 4.5 inch or 3.8 inch, also a compact 3.8 inch. Xd's have different texturing and 3 backstraps you can change for a better fit. XD comes in 5, 4, 3 inch barrels, no adjustable backstraps. The xdm 45 is the only xdm in the line that shares magazines with its xd line counterpart, so proper 10 rounders are available. I have 2 xd's in 9mm and prefer the feel of my xdm. I skipped the XD in 45 and went straight to the xdm 45. Is it worth an extra 300? Hard to say. Try to find one you can shoot then decide.
                  I shot the XD 45 and really like it and due to being in this commie state it will be hard to find one in SoCal.
                  The liberal see's the glass as half full and tries to take more.
                  The conservative see's glass as half empty and tries to keep it that way.
                  I'm with the people on the side just pouring water in the glass trying to get a drink!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    gixer1k
                    Member
                    • Feb 2012
                    • 207

                    check ocfirearms.com. they have the xd and xdm and will sse.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      mlevans66
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 9516

                      Originally posted by gixer1k
                      check ocfirearms.com. they have the xd and xdm and will sse.
                      Funny I just went to there website and it was out of stock. I sent a email for an update.
                      The liberal see's the glass as half full and tries to take more.
                      The conservative see's glass as half empty and tries to keep it that way.
                      I'm with the people on the side just pouring water in the glass trying to get a drink!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1