Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

It was a good day today

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Kevin S
    Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 239

    It was a good day today

    Work has been sucking my soul all week, so about 3:30 I decided "to heck with it!", packed up, grabbed my new Sig 1911 and G20, coupla hundred rounds each, and went down to Field Time for a little fun.

    What a great way to change your outlook on everything. The staff - as always - made it a great time right from the get go.

    And the new toys - lawd a mercy! I don't know who's my favorite right now; one-ragged-hole smoothness with the Sig, or the life-affirming delivery of 10mm love 25 yards downrange...

    So - got 400 pieces of brass tumbling away, my babies are clean, Guy Clark just popped up on the radio,and it's time for a beer or three.

    Yah, I know - cool starry bra. But I'm happier than I've been all week. I needed that.
  • #2
    sohappy
    Member
    • Jun 2012
    • 175

    Good for you, man! Gotta enjoy life when you can. I'm guessing the tumbling part means you reload your own ammo. What is your ammo setup for 10mm?

    Comment

    • #3
      Virus55
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2012
      • 1697

      Touching guns always makes me feel good. Glad your therapy went well at the range
      Active Law Enforcement
      Certified Glock Armorer
      Hunter & Fisherman
      God Bless The USA
      Lets Go Brandon!!!

      Comment

      • #4
        HPBrowningMK3
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Dec 2012
        • 1299

        Range time+reloading =perfect stress release
        sigpicNRA Life Member



        "The two most important rules in a gunfight are: always cheat and always win."

        "Don't shoot fast, shoot good."

        -- Clint Smith

        Comment

        • #5
          Capt1776
          Member
          • Sep 2013
          • 215

          Sounds like a fantastic afternoon! I could use that myself. F the "cool story bro" crap. It's good to hear about a nice positive experience.
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            Pistolgrip Pump
            Banned
            • Jun 2012
            • 1151

            I thought you were going to say something related to an ak

            Comment

            • #7
              Kevin S
              Member
              • Apr 2011
              • 239

              Originally posted by sohappy
              Good for you, man! Gotta enjoy life when you can. I'm guessing the tumbling part means you reload your own ammo. What is your ammo setup for 10mm?

              Thanks all; always appreciate the like-mindedness around here!

              Sohappy - I've honestly just started on 10mm. Picked up a boatload of PPU a couple of weeks ago, and I'm just prepping brass for now as I burn through it. Waiting for some powder to come up available so I can start building some loads.

              Fresh out of the oven after 60 mins SS tumbling:

              Comment

              • #8
                madjack956
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2006
                • 2617

                I might have been next to you in lane 12.
                Paralyzed Veterans of America www.pva.org

                Comment

                • #9
                  stormvet
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Mar 2010
                  • 12681

                  Good for you brother, sounds like a truly wonderful day.
                  Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    trigger945
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Sep 2012
                    • 5795

                    Good day indeed. Jealous here.
                    One Way to Post Pics ********** How to Submit an iTrader Rating That Counts ********** Brass for Sale

                    AR's for Sale ********** Ammo for Sale ********** Accessories/Parts for Sale ********** Handguns for Sale

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Kevin S
                      Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • 239

                      It was a good day today

                      Originally posted by madjack956
                      I might have been next to you in lane 12.

                      Ha! I was in lane 13 from 4:00-5:30 or so. Were you the guys with the AR (nice irons btw), 1911, and the 20g? RO was on the broom, swept up like 30% of my brass

                      Thanks everyone for the kind words. Been a while (time, stress, laziness) since I've been out, and I had forgotten how much a little bit of time doing what you love can change your mindset. A good reminder for us all to take the time no matter what's going on with everything else out there.
                      Last edited by Kevin S; 03-13-2014, 9:46 PM.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        agent88
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2012
                        • 1772

                        Hey.. I felt better just by reading your post. Glad you had a great time.

                        My only other thought was you needed a 12 guage to finish up with.

                        Oh yeah... I'm with you on the powder. I'm good for rifle powder but pistol powder. .. no luck so far
                        Last edited by agent88; 03-13-2014, 9:57 PM.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          iMigraine
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2011
                          • 896

                          Wow, I was there today for my first time. But I would have missed you guys because I arrived around 2:30 to 3:30 on station 5. The Range Officer was pretty helpful. He told me that I could use their sand bags and chair to bench rest my pistol so I could sight it in. Yeah, I lost a lot of brass from him sweeping too. Very nice indoor range and it was a bit busy too because half the range was being used for LE training.
                          sigpic

                          No Agenda Podcast - Obedience is best.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            madjack956
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2006
                            • 2617

                            Originally posted by Kevin S
                            Ha! I was in lane 13 from 4:00-5:30 or so. Were you the guys with the AR (nice irons btw), 1911, and the 20g? RO was on the broom, swept up like 30% of my brass

                            Thanks everyone for the kind words. Been a while (time, stress, laziness) since I've been out, and I had forgotten how much a little bit of time doing what you love can change your mindset. A good reminder for us all to take the time no matter what's going on with everything else out there.
                            Yeah, I was one of the guys talking with the R.O. when the conversation of the guy with an AK had a N.D. to the floor.

                            I was shooting a 1911 and a Socom 16.
                            Paralyzed Veterans of America www.pva.org

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Kevin S
                              Member
                              • Apr 2011
                              • 239

                              Originally posted by madjack956
                              Yeah, I was one of the guys talking with the R.O. when the conversation of the guy with an AK had a N.D. to the floor.



                              I was shooting a 1911 and a Socom 16.

                              That's right! I think it was when I first came in. I doubled up on the earpro when I saw the SOCOM. Jealous, if I ever finish building my MA-TEN, that's next

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1