Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Need help with a barrel I purchased

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jpx0123
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 1047

    Need help with a barrel I purchased

    Can anyone tell me if this is an issue with use of this barrel? There are two dents on the feed ramp. Not massive but enough to be a concern. FYI I got this on eBay. Seller had 100% pos feedback.
    Last edited by jpx0123; 05-12-2017, 4:18 PM.
  • #2
    'ol shooter
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 4646

    The ramp looks like a little polishing would do it some good, a good time to remove the dimples.
    sigpic
    Bob B.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    Comment

    • #3
      S0M1L9S
      Member
      • Jul 2013
      • 218

      Sit the barrel on your frame, dimples might be taken out in the fitting process.

      Comment

      • #4
        jpx0123
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2013
        • 1047

        Def need to get it fitted. After I saw the dimples I tried it on my gun and the slide won't go back. That's when I figured that the previous ownerust have tried to install and caused the dimples.

        Thing that gets me most is I sent a message to the seller and belies response was simply "it was fine when I sent it". Upon further messages he just keeps saying its new from sig.

        Comment

        • #5
          nahpungnome
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2013
          • 2159

          Sounds like he's BSing you to me... Sig sells new barrels, why not email them the pic and ask? Then you can confirm for sure. Or you can just fit it and be done with it

          Comment

          • #6
            jpx0123
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2013
            • 1047

            Yeah. I just wanted to find out on here if it was going to be an issue to use in its condition. If the fitting process fixes it as well I don't have an issue. Just wanted be on the safe side.
            Thanks

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1