Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Which Sig is the best Sig?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Vectrexer
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2007
    • 2473

    Which Sig is the best Sig?

    So with the sig ad I have found I need to get a new Sig Vote for your favorite. Ad in some comments too so my choice might be easier.

    My choice is between the P220, P226, and P229.

    In my case the caliber does not make any difference. I have found I like them all. But I would like to get the 22 Call kit for the next pistol.
    126
    Sig P220 (Detail your version in the forum thread)
    0%
    53
    Sig P226 (Detail your version in the forum thread)
    0%
    44
    Sig P229 (Detail your version in the forum thread)
    0%
    24
    Some other Sig or another pistol with an availabe 22 kit.
    0%
    5

    The poll is expired.

    - Vectrexer
    ▶▶ Click Here - My HANDGUNS For Sale ◀◀
    ▶▶ Click Here - My LONG GUNS For Sale ◀◀
    ▶▶ Click Here - My MAGAZINES , Parts, & Accessories Sales ◀◀
    ▶▶ Click Here - My AMMO For Sale ◀◀
    ▶▶ Click Here - My Non-Firearms Sales ◀◀

    ▶▶ Send Me A Private Message (PM) ◀◀
    ▶▶ Vectrexer's Calguns.net iTrader Feedback ◀◀
  • #2
    IH8CALAWS
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2007
    • 647

    The one you are most comfortable with.

    Comment

    • #3
      Vectrexer
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2007
      • 2473

      Well of course.

      But so far I only have the used P6 / P255 from the German Police. That pistol has worked out so well that I thought I would buy another. Maybe even replace the P6 with one from the list.
      - Vectrexer
      ▶▶ Click Here - My HANDGUNS For Sale ◀◀
      ▶▶ Click Here - My LONG GUNS For Sale ◀◀
      ▶▶ Click Here - My MAGAZINES , Parts, & Accessories Sales ◀◀
      ▶▶ Click Here - My AMMO For Sale ◀◀
      ▶▶ Click Here - My Non-Firearms Sales ◀◀

      ▶▶ Send Me A Private Message (PM) ◀◀
      ▶▶ Vectrexer's Calguns.net iTrader Feedback ◀◀

      Comment

      • #4
        IH8CALAWS
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2007
        • 647

        Then I would have to say go with the X5 Comp in .40 S&W.

        Comment

        • #5
          yellowfin
          Calguns Addict
          • Nov 2007
          • 8371

          The P6/225 because you can buy two of them so your significant other has one.
          "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws. That's insane!" -- Penn Jillette
          Originally posted by indiandave
          In Pennsylvania Your permit to carry concealed is called a License to carry fire arms. Other states call it a CCW. In New Jersey it's called a crime.
          Discretionary Issue is the new Separate but Equal.

          Comment

          • #6
            TannerBoyl
            Member
            • Apr 2005
            • 183

            My favorite SIG is the P220ST!

            The single stack grip feels very nice in the hand. The grip isn't too big, and isn't too small. It just feels right! The front strap checkering is pretty aggressive, but not to a fault.

            The added weight of the steel frame gives some extra substance to this platform. The weight definately seems to soak up recoil. I just love the way the extra weight feels. While the weight would be a problem for a carry piece, it is great for a target / home defense pistol!

            My first Generation P220ST (with proprietary rails) is my most accurate pistol. I am able to do better groups with that gun than any other. I love this gun so much, that I bought the same pistol with the updated picatinny style rail. Unfortunately, greed makes me want to buy another one.

            Comment

            • #7
              leelaw
              Junior Member
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Oct 2005
              • 10445

              I like all three - P220, P226, and P229. The one that fits the best in my hand is the P220 Carry SAO, because of the very thin grips on it (I like the geometry better - the others still fit fine, but this one is just a little bit more)

              It all depends on your preferences. My first Sig was a P226RSS 9mm and I'll never sell it - awesome gun.

              Comment

              • #8
                aca72
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2006
                • 3250

                Top dogs would be the P220 if you are into .45 ACP and P226 if you are into 9mm.

                If you are into .40 S&W, the P229 is the best vs P226/40 and P239/40.

                If you are into 357 SIG, it would be a tie between P229/357 and P226/357.

                If you are into compact 9mm, the P228 is the best vs P229/9, P225, P239/9 .

                All others are niche models. The P225 are for people who prefers a "slim" P228 or a "compact" P220 (The first production P220 is a 9mm). The P239 is an improvement over the P225/P6 in terms of caliber options. The P230/P232 is an alternative to the venerable Walther PPK and PPK/S. The P6 are for people in a limited budget. If money is no object, the P226 X-5 is the ultimate SIG.
                Long live CALGUNS!

                Selling: ✮ GLOCK ✮ Beretta ✮ SIG Sauer ✮ Stuff ✮

                Comment

                • #9
                  Crazed_SS
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2005
                  • 4114

                  P220.. the original is still the best. I just have a standard P220R, but I think the stainless P220s are the hottest guns around.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    caduckgunner
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 1968

                    Which ever you shoot the best.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      FlyingPen
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2007
                      • 2377

                      P210

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        gose
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 3953

                        Originally posted by FlyingPen
                        P210
                        +a lot on that
                        With Oden on our side.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          timmyb21
                          Senior Member
                          • Apr 2007
                          • 1814

                          I have a P220 and a 229 DAK in .40 cal. Tough decision, but the 229 is a little better. More balanced. It actually goes with me on fishing trips now that I'm comfortable with it. I love it. The 220 still gets love, but the 229 gets a little more. It may also be the new gun thing, as I've had the 220 for a while.
                          sigpic

                          George Washington didn't use the 1st amendment to defeat the British...he shot them.

                          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ldivinag
                            In Memoriam
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 4858

                            Originally posted by Vectrexer
                            My choice is between the P220, P226, and P229.
                            if like me... then ALL OF THE ABOVE...

                            i refer to them as the goldilock and the 3 bears.

                            226 in 9mm as the baby bear. big size but small round.

                            229 in .40 as the momma bear. small but a big round.

                            220 in .45 as the poppa bear. BIG size with a REALLY BIG round.

                            and me, as goldilock.
                            leo d.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              gunsnrovers
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 1777

                              Single stack Sigs are the best. )
                              - Jeff
                              كافر - Infidel
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1