Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

My First Glock (Pic Added)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    gsparesa
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 918

    They are block ugly but simply functional.

    Comment

    • #32
      Dumas1012
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Nov 2012
      • 1857

      Originally posted by gsparesa
      They are block ugly but simply functional.
      It's not just asthetics for me, the Gen 3's grips are too blocky for my hands. I bought the Gen 4 and it's an improvement. The XD(not S or M), M&P and 1911 feels so much better in my hand. I don't CCW so really dont care for a poly frame or alloy frame for that matter. Sold all my poly guns except the G19 G4 which I'm trying to trade for a CZ SP01.

      Comment

      • #33
        phase1
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2013
        • 1753

        Originally posted by res2580
        Great, Now buy my parts! Just kidding. Congrats on your new Glock! Took me awhile to get one too and it also took awhile before I got rid of it. I swapped it for another pistol because I got tired of it from working. It would not fail me and I needed something I can break and fix.
        Lol,
        Originally posted by Intimid8tor
        I don't need one but I might need one.

        Comment

        • #34
          MrExel17
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Feb 2011
          • 9170

          Congrats, I need me one too!
          "Professionals practice to get it right, Operators practise to get it wrong."

          Comment

          • #35
            hyeg35
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2010
            • 522

            Glock 22 was my first as well, then came the 17 OD, 17 FDE, 19, 26, 34, 21 FDE.

            Comment

            • #36
              toiletfighter
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2013
              • 3870

              Originally posted by MusicMatt
              For the last two years I've been telling myself I'm not a Glock guy.
              But when I saw this Gen4 G22 in FDE at my LGS, I knew it was time.
              I got a great deal on it because I paid cash. ($575)
              I am now looking forward to simplicity, reliability, and great parts support.

              The Dark Side isn't so bad.

              I felt the same way. I shot them well enough, but didn't care for the ergonomics. The grip was uncomfortable and bulky. Then after shooting a friends Gen4 17 my opinion changed. Having the modular backstrap sold me. Now I own a Gen4 17 and recently picked up a 30SF. The availability of OEM and aftermarket parts is nice as well.
              Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God

              Comment

              • #37
                ricksOe
                Member
                • Sep 2010
                • 417

                I want a 19 FDE so bad... the FDE models are a real nice balanced colorway IMO..

                Nice pick up OP.
                Glock 17 Gen 3 [X]
                Glock 32 Gen 4
                Glock 20SF Gen 3 [X]

                Comment

                • #38
                  gsparesa
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 918

                  Originally posted by Dumas1012
                  It's not just asthetics for me, the Gen 3's grips are too blocky for my hands. I bought the Gen 4 and it's an improvement. The XD(not S or M), M&P and 1911 feels so much better in my hand. I don't CCW so really dont care for a poly frame or alloy frame for that matter. Sold all my poly guns except the G19 G4 which I'm trying to trade for a CZ SP01.
                  I see your point about the Gen 3's. They either work for your hands or they don't. A common complaint I hear about Glocks is the bottom of the finger guard rubbing against their finger. My wife also seems to suffer from this problem.
                  The SP01 is a shooting jewel. I got tired of looking for a new SPO1 in the south bay, so I purchased the Sig P239. I don't like buying "blind" used firearms for fear of inheriting someones problem child. If I buy from a friend, knowing the guns history, I don't consider that a blind buy.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Dumas1012
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Nov 2012
                    • 1857

                    Originally posted by gsparesa
                    I see your point about the Gen 3's. They either work for your hands or they don't. A common complaint I hear about Glocks is the bottom of the finger guard rubbing against their finger. My wife also seems to suffer from this problem.
                    The SP01 is a shooting jewel. I got tired of looking for a new SPO1 in the south bay, so I purchased the Sig P239. I don't like buying "blind" used firearms for fear of inheriting someones problem child. If I buy from a friend, knowing the guns history, I don't consider that a blind buy.
                    That's why there's the market place. You no like? Someone else like and will buy! Haha.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      akmanraa
                      Junior Member
                      • Oct 2013
                      • 27

                      Awesome, congrats!

                      Love my G22.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1