Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Rossi .357 magnum

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Zer00
    Member
    • Nov 2013
    • 182

    Rossi .357 magnum

    So I was looking at the Rossi model R97206 .357 magnum revolver. I thought it was a nice looking gun and the caliber I like. With that said has anyone ever first hand used one of these? What did you think of it? Anyone's opinion will help good and bad. Also more importantly this gun is off roster. Is there a way I can obtain this gun in California? Thanks for the help guys.
  • #2
    Rob7.62
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2010
    • 523

    I used to own a Rossi 357 snub nose. Lock up was good and fit and finish we're nice. However if it's like the one I had it has a hammer mounted firing pin that from what I hear is susceptible to breaking especially if dry fired. (Never broke mine but never dry fired) I'd personally say try and find a S&W or Ruger as I think they are a better gun long term and the resale value will be a lot better also there are plenty that are on roster you won't have to mess with getting registered. Good luck!

    Comment

    • #3
      railroader
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 3115

      I had a 4" and a 2" rossi. Both were fine. I sold them to get something else. Now I wish I still had them.

      Comment

      • #4
        BigPimping
        CGN Contributor
        • Feb 2010
        • 21487

        My Rossi 357 is flawless and a great shooter. I have no intention of selling it, so there is no reason for me to buy anything more expensive. Buy with confidence this is a good gun.
        sigpic

        PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

        When pimping begins, friendship ends.

        Don't let your history be a mystery

        Comment

        • #5
          YoungKee
          Member
          • Feb 2013
          • 208

          I've had a Rossi .357 with a 4-inch barrel for years. I've run tons of .38 and a couple hundred rounds of .357 through it and the only issue I've ever had is the cylinder catch screw tending to work itself loose. It's been a good gun and I'm happy with it. Also, it's fun to watch the reactions at the range when you start popping off the .357 rounds.
          IAALBIANYL. I do not post legal advice on public forums. Anything I post is personal opinion and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Have a nice day.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1