Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Wood Grips on SS?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Vin496
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2008
    • 8804

    Wood Grips on SS?

    What are your guys opinions on wood grips on a Stainless Steel pistol. I just picked up a Sig 226R, and I'm thinking maybe some Nil grips.
    I think it can be confirmed that an alien xenomorph is absolutely no match for good ole' Alabama black snake!

    and

    If you're in a survival movie and the hot blond twists her ankle and can't walk, you damn well figure a way to carry her. If it's a dude, you shake his hand and say "best of luck".
  • #2
    CowtownBallin
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2005
    • 518

    I think stainless looks great in some medium-brown wood. Something with a shiny finish to go with the shiny stainless. A lot of it comes down to your preference. I like natural-looking wood with lines and what not in it, and no checkering. There's a ton of nice pics on Ken Lunde's pistol wallpaper page.
    -Miran
    Resident Yugo expert

    Comment

    • #3
      ZombieKiller
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • 2555

      I want those wood naked lady 1911 grips someone posted a while back......
      "The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory...."

      Comment

      • #4
        jazman
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2008
        • 2140

        White wood, American holly, would look good, lot like ivory.
        Originally posted by Kestryll
        You're boned.
        _________________________________

        If you're gonna be a bear, be a Grizzly.

        Comment

        • #5
          Saigon1965
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Nov 2003
          • 17278

          Nil would look great on stainless, much better than blued.

          Comment

          • #6
            slowfire
            Member
            • Sep 2007
            • 366

            Absolutely, the contrast in colors make for a beautiful overall picture

            Comment

            • #7
              Saigon1965
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Nov 2003
              • 17278

              Here check out Ken Lunde's pictures.

              Comment

              • #8
                Vin496
                Calguns Addict
                • Mar 2008
                • 8804

                Originally posted by saigon1965
                Here check out Ken Lunde's pictures.

                http://lundestudio.com/sigs.html#p220st-nill-m2
                Some very nice pics in there.

                Thanks
                I think it can be confirmed that an alien xenomorph is absolutely no match for good ole' Alabama black snake!

                and

                If you're in a survival movie and the hot blond twists her ankle and can't walk, you damn well figure a way to carry her. If it's a dude, you shake his hand and say "best of luck".

                Comment

                • #9
                  Saigon1965
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Nov 2003
                  • 17278

                  So you decided? How about those P7s with the wood grip? Go well with your new one.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Vin496
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 8804

                    Originally posted by saigon1965
                    So you decided? How about those P7s with the wood grip? Go well with your new one.
                    Oh man, why why why. You want the pin for my ATM card.

                    It all looks so sweet!
                    I think it can be confirmed that an alien xenomorph is absolutely no match for good ole' Alabama black snake!

                    and

                    If you're in a survival movie and the hot blond twists her ankle and can't walk, you damn well figure a way to carry her. If it's a dude, you shake his hand and say "best of luck".

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Vin496
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 8804

                      What's the process/wait time for ordering? Anyone have experience with them.
                      I think it can be confirmed that an alien xenomorph is absolutely no match for good ole' Alabama black snake!

                      and

                      If you're in a survival movie and the hot blond twists her ankle and can't walk, you damn well figure a way to carry her. If it's a dude, you shake his hand and say "best of luck".

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Saigon1965
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Nov 2003
                        • 17278

                        Originally posted by Vin496
                        Oh man, why why why. You want the pin for my ATM card.

                        It all looks so sweet!

                        Because I remember crapping on your P7 thread and feel bad - Well it wasn't really crap but I did deleted my drunken post.

                        The wood do look really good on those guns, though. I've been keeping an eye out for a some for my P7.

                        Have fun.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Saigon1965
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Nov 2003
                          • 17278

                          Originally posted by Vin496
                          What's the process/wait time for ordering? Anyone have experience with them.

                          Why here you go -

                          Die Karl Nill GmbH ist der Spezialist für Ihren perfekten Waffengriff. Wir bieten Ihnen maßgenaue Griffe für über 800 Waffentypen.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            BigRich
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Nov 2002
                            • 788

                            Nills are beautiful grips. They are a bit thicker than stock so make sure you wont have a problem with that. I have some on a P220 and an XFive.
                            No one arrives in Hell surprised. (St. Robert Bellarmine)

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Vin496
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Mar 2008
                              • 8804

                              Originally posted by saigon1965
                              Because I remember crapping on your P7 thread and feel bad - Well it wasn't really crap but I did deleted my drunken post.

                              The wood do look really good on those guns, though. I've been keeping an eye out for a some for my P7.

                              Have fun.
                              DId I ever have a P7 thread? Or you mean the thread about my Sig 226 and then I started talking about the P7.

                              Now I'm curious you gotta tell me what you posted, lol.
                              Last edited by Vin496; 07-13-2008, 11:13 PM.
                              I think it can be confirmed that an alien xenomorph is absolutely no match for good ole' Alabama black snake!

                              and

                              If you're in a survival movie and the hot blond twists her ankle and can't walk, you damn well figure a way to carry her. If it's a dude, you shake his hand and say "best of luck".

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1