Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Need Help with Single Shot Exemption Procedure HK 45

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • brooTool
    Member
    • Dec 2013
    • 311

    Need Help with Single Shot Exemption Procedure HK 45

    Hello Community,
    I am a new member and am very excited to gain knowledge through this forum site and from all it's vastly knowledgeable members ( according to my pal).

    So Basically I am a little confused about the process of getting a HK 45 BRAND NEW in california.

    1. I have to contact an FFL in CA who will be willing to do the conversion.
    2. I must pay for the Handgun in full and parts/labor for the conversion.
    3. Do background check blah blah blah DOJ fee's etc.
    4. Have the handgun shipped to the FFL and allow time for the conversion etc.
    5. Then I am able to obtain the firearm in standard form?

    I am kinda confused as to the procedures, I did read the thread on single shot exemption but was still a little unsure since I have never heard of this.
  • #2
    jdben92883
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 3635

    ^ more-or-less the procedure. Based on your #4, it looks like you're buying this from an out-of-area dealer? Keep in mind there are a LOT of sellers that won't ship off-roster to a CA FFL. Also, you're going to spend more on the DROS and you're still going to get dinged for sales tax.

    This is what I'd do. Go see Steve at OC Firearms. He is AWESOME when it comes to SSE. If he has the parts he does them w/o an additional charge. The HK45 is on his site and you can "add to cart" which generally means that is what you're going to pay (plus tax and $35 DROS). Give him a call to confirm. Outside of a PPT, this will be your easiest route to getting you that HK.

    NRA Benefactor Member

    Comment

    • #3
      SLO1911Fan
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2010
      • 1483

      1 - You will have to find an FFL that has the correct barrel for the gun that you want.
      2 - Either have them order the gun or order it and have it sent to them. You generally pay in full or at least a deposit at this time.
      3 - Wait for gun to come in.
      4 - Fill out paperwork. You pay the remainder at this time generally.
      5 - Wait the 10 days.
      6 - Pick up gun with SSE parts in place.
      7 - Walk out the door.
      8 - Walk back in the door.
      9 - Ask them to fix your gun.
      10 - Walk out with your gun fixed and in normal configuration.
      I'm a big old, bourbon-soaked cigar-huffing ***, as God in his infinite wisdom meant me to be. - Charlie Sheen.

      Comment

      • #4
        brooTool
        Member
        • Dec 2013
        • 311

        Thanks guys, I understand much better now and I appreciate your help.

        Comment

        • #5
          Cyc Wid It
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2009
          • 4485

          How is this any different from what's in the sticky? I'm genuinely curious.
          WTS all BNIB: Colt S70 Repro, HK45c, Gen4 G19

          Comment

          • #6
            brooTool
            Member
            • Dec 2013
            • 311

            basically understood the concept but didnt understand the process of obtaing the firearm in stock condition because I was not able to get one, so i thought I could get it out of state and have it shipped to a shop and have them do the work. but as Jdben says that some of the shops do all the work and have the guns in stock already ... thats basically it.

            Comment

            • #7
              brooTool
              Member
              • Dec 2013
              • 311

              if that makes sense lol, I am kinda new to the SSE scene because I have always bought firearms that were legally safe in CA

              Comment

              • #8
                brooTool
                Member
                • Dec 2013
                • 311

                Also, I know this sorta off topic but why does this law exist for unsafe firearms in CA when you can just go through the SSE process LOL. Sounds like bureaucratic bull****.

                Comment

                • #9
                  e90bmw
                  Senior Member
                  CGN Contributor
                  • May 2013
                  • 1268

                  Because the SSE was a loophole they didn't close.
                  They didn't see it coming and are having one hell of a time getting rid of it.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Cyc Wid It
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 4485

                    Barring some dramatic new developments, it's going away in 2015. Make use of the time we have left.
                    WTS all BNIB: Colt S70 Repro, HK45c, Gen4 G19

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      IVC
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jul 2010
                      • 17640

                      Originally posted by brooTool
                      Also, I know this sorta off topic but why does this law exist for unsafe firearms in CA when you can just go through the SSE process LOL. Sounds like bureaucratic bull****.
                      Welcome to California gun laws. Written by people who don't understand firearms and believe that all firearms are immoral, therefore any restriction is a "good restriction."
                      sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        brooTool
                        Member
                        • Dec 2013
                        • 311

                        So if we already possess these firearms pre-2015 then we can keep the mods after the provisions in 2015?

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1