Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Retention holster for p95?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DJ Skillz
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 1255

    Retention holster for p95?

    I'm looking for a good retention holster for my Ruger P95.
    Right now I only have the cheap Fobus holster. It's does the job just fine, but I wouldn't want to use it for OC.

    I would prefer the blackhawk style holster with the pushbutton release, like this one:


    Unfortunately, they don't make any for Rugers.
    Are there any holsters available that are similar to these? Or any other recommended retention holsters?

    Thanks in advance.
  • #2
    socALTEZZA
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2008
    • 90

    there arent really any holsters like the Blackhawk or any that style, your best bet is a fobus or uncle mike's they both come in paddle or belt.
    .......______________.. , ,
    ....../ `---__________|]   ░ ░░▒▒▓▓█D
    .....), ---.(_(_ /
    ....//___//
    ...//___//

    Comment

    • #3
      Moonclip
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • 4390

      Rugers aren't cool with the "tactical" people and mall ninjas so it will be harder. I know Massad Ayoob used to write about a shoulder holster for a Ruger P90 that was also a retention holster.
      .22short .22lr .22mag .25acp .32acp .32H&Rmag,.35rem .30carbine
      7.62x25Tok 7.62x38r .380acp .38S&W .38spl 9x18Mak 9mmPara .35rem
      9mmLargo .38super .357mag .40S&W 10mm .41mag .44spl .44mag
      .45acp .45LC 6.5Carcano 7.7Japanese 7.62x54r 6.5Swede,6.5x54r
      .30-40Krag 7.5French 8x57Mauser .223Rem 7.62x39 .410bore .30-30
      20ga 12ga .303British 8x56r 7.5x55Swiss .30-06...

      Comment

      • #4
        DJ Skillz
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2008
        • 1255

        Thanks for the replies. I had a feeling I was SOL on this one.

        I'll just try to find a nice leather retention holster until I get a handgun that will work with the blackhawk holsters.

        Comment

        • #5
          Black Majik
          Calguns Addict
          • Oct 2005
          • 9695

          Originally posted by DJ Skillz
          Thanks for the replies. I had a feeling I was SOL on this one.

          I'll just try to find a nice leather retention holster until I get a handgun that will work with the blackhawk holsters.
          You can give Don Hume a try. They make a nice thumb break for the P90 model H721. Try both Don Hume, and Gunnersalley to see if they have any in stock.



          I use this model to carry a P2000 and really love it.

          Comment

          • #6
            maxicon
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 4661

            I was searching through the holster box for a holster that fit the Sig P6 a few days ago, and came across an old Bianchi Accumold 7001 size 11 (pn 17725) that I got for my P95 back in the day. This is a molded multi-layer holster (ballistic nylon on the outside) with a thumbsnap that's well made for the price - it runs around $30-40 online.
            Discover our high-quality leather gun holsters crafted for both concealed and open carry. Ideal for police, military, hunters, and shooting range enthusiasts.


            I don't remember how well it fit the P95 (I'll check later if I remember), though I believe it was a decent fit. I fits the P6 very nicely, and I like it a lot more than the Uncle Mike's Sidekick I have that fits the same guns.

            For an inexpensive holster while you're hunting for something nicer, it's hard to beat.
            sigpic
            NRA Life Member

            Comment

            • #7
              DJ Skillz
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2008
              • 1255

              Thanks guys. I'm going to try to stop by CPE before they close today to see what they have in stock.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1