Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What is this handgun?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jaykayd
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2013
    • 12

    What is this handgun?

    I saw this image on an ad.

    It looks like a variation of a Browning design... a bit like a double action 1911. I thought I knew what it was (a Colt Double Eagle) but it's not. Then I thought it was some sort of CZ but I couldn't figure out which one. Now it's just driving me nuts. I know someone will get it in no time, so thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
  • #2
    SonofWWIIDI
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Nov 2011
    • 21583

    Link to where you found the pic?
    Sorry, not sorry.
    🎺

    Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

    Comment

    • #3
      TKM
      Onward through the fog!
      CGN Contributor
      • Jul 2002
      • 10657

      CZ75 double action only.
      Last edited by TKM; 11-02-2013, 11:34 PM.
      It's not PTSD, it's nostalgia.

      Comment

      • #4
        jaykayd
        Junior Member
        • Feb 2013
        • 12

        It was a banner ad at slickguns. Here's the whole thing (hopefully this doesn't break any rules):

        Comment

        • #5
          SoldierLife7
          Joe Exotic For President
          CGN Contributor
          • Apr 2013
          • 2420

          Originally posted by TKM
          CZ75 with decocker instead of safety lever.
          +1 on this

          Comment

          • #6
            jaykayd
            Junior Member
            • Feb 2013
            • 12

            Originally posted by TKM
            CZ75 with decocker instead of safety lever.
            No, definitely not any CZ-75 I've ever seen.

            Comment

            • #7
              jaykayd
              Junior Member
              • Feb 2013
              • 12

              Never mind... found it. CZ-40b (or something close).

              Comment

              • #8
                TKM
                Onward through the fog!
                CGN Contributor
                • Jul 2002
                • 10657

                Might be a 97.

                I can find a pic of a 75 with the safety hole filled but no luck so far with the 97.
                It's not PTSD, it's nostalgia.

                Comment

                • #9
                  SonofWWIIDI
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Nov 2011
                  • 21583

                  Originally posted by jaykayd
                  Never mind... found it. CZ-40b (or something close).
                  Looks right, here's another link to a pic of one that looks even closer:
                  Sorry, not sorry.
                  🎺

                  Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    jaykayd
                    Junior Member
                    • Feb 2013
                    • 12

                    Originally posted by SonofWWIIDI
                    Looks right, here's another link to a pic of one that looks even closer:
                    http://czechpistols82792.yuku.com/to...ew-to-Me-CZ40B
                    Sir, I think you win a (digital) cookie. The markings seem to match the Colt Z40. Very nice.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      SonofWWIIDI
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Nov 2011
                      • 21583

                      Originally posted by jaykayd
                      Sir, I think you win a (digital) cookie. The markings seem to match the Colt Z40. Very nice.
                      I'd like to thank the academy....


                      Sorry, not sorry.
                      🎺

                      Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1