Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Just got a Glock 34, what mods now?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Losd619
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2012
    • 925

    Just got a Glock 34, what mods now?

    Hey guys. Just got my first glock, a 34 gen 3. I have already purchased a Dawson Precision fiber optic right sight, and a Dawson adjustable rear sight.

    Other than that, what kind of mods if any should I do to this thing? I handled a glock that had some Zev/Glockworks grip work done to it and I fell in love with the feel of it. Should I just get that done now since I will most likely get it done in the future anyways? I mean, I might as well learn the pistol the way I will eventually want it configured correct?
  • #2
    ap3572001
    Calguns Addict
    • Jun 2007
    • 6039

    Adjust existing sights and shoot it for w while.

    Good sights would be my first and ONLY modification.

    I carry on/off duty and shoot Glocks for 20 years now. They run great out of the box.

    As long as its not a GEN4 9mm , You are ok.

    Comment

    • #3
      ScottJames
      Member
      • Aug 2010
      • 318

      Sights. The gen 4 9mm Glocks run fine.

      Comment

      • #4
        Intimid8tor
        Calguns Addict
        • Apr 2007
        • 6607

        ammo
        Starve the beast, move to a free state.

        Bwiese: "You are making the assumption the law is reasonable/has rationale."

        Comment

        • #5
          Intimid8tor
          Calguns Addict
          • Apr 2007
          • 6607

          and mags
          Starve the beast, move to a free state.

          Bwiese: "You are making the assumption the law is reasonable/has rationale."

          Comment

          • #6
            Losd619
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2012
            • 925

            So you guys don't think I should get the grip work done now? I really liked the feeling of that zevtech work and that was almost the reason that sold me on the glock.

            Comment

            • #7
              Ninja45
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2006
              • 624

              Shoot it at least 500 times...then decide what you need changed. Me? I changed the sights after the plastic one wore out.

              Comment

              • #8
                cmichini
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2008
                • 1739

                Mags, ammo and range time.
                Spend time getting to know what YOU like or don't like before modding.
                This advice is only worth 10% of what you paid for it.
                NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
                NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

                Comment

                • #9
                  Oliver_Charles
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2013
                  • 1196

                  ***
                  Last edited by Oliver_Charles; 01-11-2014, 4:46 PM.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    SonofWWIIDI
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Nov 2011
                    • 21583

                    Tritium fiber optic sights! And the .25 cent trigger job.



                    Just one of the many videos of the .25 cent trigger job.
                    Sorry, not sorry.
                    🎺

                    Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      hermosabeach
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 19845

                      If you wanted a project gun, then you could have purchased a double stack 1911.

                      The G34 is a good platform. Metal sights are a great upgrade.

                      A good holster and three mag pouches are the only other accessories you need.

                      The Glock .25 cent trigger job is also a nice option.
                      Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

                      Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

                      Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

                      Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
                      (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Packy14
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Jul 2008
                        • 5312

                        shoot it.. decide if you hate the sights... change those... shoot it more.
                        NRA Lifetime Member

                        1A-2A = -1A

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Losd619
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2012
                          • 925

                          Sights are gone, got dawsons already

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            SNCaliber
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 2012
                            • 3222

                            shoot it for a while, and then decide on whats most important to change
                            -Sang

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Whatisthis?
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2010
                              • 1820

                              If you want glockworx/zevtech stuff done, save yourself A LOT of money and do it yourself. $20 for a soldering iron and start poking at stuff. If you are one of one that has to have it look all decked out (which makes them look ugly to me), then buy a dremel if you don't have one, and look up a how to video for sanding then stippling. That's $100 in tools that will most likely be used more than once, experience doing stuff on your own, and you saved a lot of money by not sending it in. There are many how to videos but it's really quite simple.

                              That's what I did with mine at least and it worked out just fine. Other than that, shoot it for a while. I did the above stuff to my third Glock after shooting a couple thousand rounds through that Glock alone so I knew what I was looking for and exactly what I liked.

                              Just my opinion

                              Edit: you can also look into talon grips. I used them for a while before doing my own stippling. I liked them. They were definitely providing a good grip. It's not permanent and it's $17 or something.
                              Last edited by Whatisthis?; 10-30-2013, 2:53 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1