Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Kahr p9 holster

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wp50
    Member
    • Jun 2013
    • 299

    Kahr p9 holster

    What is the best holster for a kahr p9. I will probably carry IWB. I doubt I will pocket carry that much, but might get a holster for that too. Let me know what you think.

    I posted in the holster forum but no responses so thought I would try here.
  • #2
    digdug74
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 1042

    I have the CW9 -- basically the same gun. My current two holsters for it are the Comp Tac Infidel and the Galco King Tuk. Both work well but neither are perfect. The Comp Tac is a great "I just need to stuff this gun in my pants real quick" option but I've found it does tend to drag my pants down a bit since all the gun's weight is on a single clip.

    The King Tuk distributes the weight more evenly but it requires a bit more effort to get it situated and in place. Once it's in there, though, it's nice & snug and really seems to pull the gun up to the body about as close as it can get. My only nit on that particular holster is that it's not purpose built for the Kahr. It's actually designed primarily for the 1911 -- it appears to just be a happy accident that the Kahr has very similar dimensions to the 1911 and the Kahr will fit it fairly well. Nevertheless, it does leaves a tiny bit of slop in terms of the gun fit.

    You might also look at Kholster and N82 holsters for your Khar. Both companies are said to make a very good IWB holster for the Khar line of pistols.

    Comment

    • #3
      XVIga_Rob
      Senior Member
      • May 2012
      • 2354

      I currently use a Blackhawk IWB. Comfortable and works vey well. Belt clip is adjustable.



      One of these days, when I can afford to spend more $. I'm looking at a Brigade M-11.
      Last edited by XVIga_Rob; 10-27-2013, 9:50 PM.

      Comment

      • #4
        Hilbilly
        Junior Member
        • Sep 2012
        • 25

        I got a Kahr cw9 with the crimson trace for summer carry when the weather hits triple digits. So far I haven't found a holster that I really like, IWB, OWB or pocket carry.
        Galco has a OWB paddle rig that is the best one of several that I've tried for the Kahr. I don't love it. It shifts and moves around a bit, needs to be readjusted during the day and doesn't tuck up as close as I would like.

        Unfortunately, with the holsters I've tried, the Kahr just doesn't carry as well as my stainless combat commander does in a Blackhawk Serpa.
        So I just carry the big 'ol 1911 instead.

        For me a heavier gun that rides where it is supposed to beats the hell out of a gun that shifts around and won't stay where you put it. So I'm still looking for that real good holster (you hear that Blackhawk?).

        Best of luck,

        It'll be interesting to see what suggestions you get, maybe next summer I can leave the old iron in the safe and carry lighter.

        Comment

        • #5
          Wang Lung
          Member
          • Mar 2013
          • 334

          $45 delivered, this is what I use. Horsehide is standard. One in stock, buy it now, it will be here in a week.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1