Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

44mg Desert Eagle

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    vorpar
    Member
    • Jul 2006
    • 261

    If I remember correctly, there is a price break on a new black oxide DE that is equivalent to the price of refinishing. About $300 if you send it to MRI.

    Just checked the website: Black oxide - $1440, Chrome - $1730

    Comment

    • #17
      5150Marcelo
      Calguns Addict
      • Mar 2008
      • 7681

      Originally posted by vorpar
      If I remember correctly, there is a price break on a new black oxide DE that is equivalent to the price of refinishing. About $300 if you send it to MRI.

      Just checked the website: Black oxide - $1440, Chrome - $1730
      So youd just pay the diff?
      Handmade Predator/Coyote Calls!!!
      Originally posted by ColdSteel14;
      Spermicidal rubbers! On the other hand.. Man.. That spermicide doesn't taste very good. AT ALL!
      Originally posted by Slayer;
      Holy Lord....why would a dude know what spermicide taste like?
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #18
        PonyFiveO
        Member
        • Jan 2006
        • 231

        You should just send it back to the factory. They will ensure/guarantee the gun still works propery after the refinishing and your warranty will not get voided.

        Comment

        • #19
          LMS
          Junior Member
          • Jun 2008
          • 33

          No dis is not my first gun. I've had a glock 22, hi point 380, 38 snub, and some bootleg a** 9mm. I've just picked up my first gun in CA. First of my new collection, HK usp 40. About da Eagle, Mag Res says, 90-120 days for refinishing. Probly end up doin it that way. While waiting for 30days to pass, im gon pick up a consignment Glock31 and send that to Robar. Probly pick up a shotty too. I don't kno much bout em. I want a Serbu super shorty but i think that's illegal in CA. I like the "contemporary" guns, sort a speak. Recommendations???

          Comment

          • #20
            ohsmily
            Calguns Addict
            • Apr 2005
            • 8995

            Originally posted by LMS
            No dis is not my first gun. I've had a glock 22, hi point 380, 38 snub, and some bootleg a** 9mm. I've just picked up my first gun in CA. First of my new collection, HK usp 40. About da Eagle, Mag Res says, 90-120 days for refinishing. Probly end up doin it that way. While waiting for 30days to pass, im gon pick up a consignment Glock31 and send that to Robar. Probly pick up a shotty too. I don't kno much bout em. I want a Serbu super shorty but i think that's illegal in CA. I like the "contemporary" guns, sort a speak. Recommendations???
            Yes. English.
            Expert firearms attorney: https://www.rwslaw.com/team/adam-j-richards/

            Check out https://www.firearmsunknown.com/. Support a good calgunner local to San Diego.

            Comment

            • #21
              sjpd
              Member
              • Sep 2006
              • 289

              Comment

              • #22
                Slayer
                Banned
                • Apr 2008
                • 2373

                Originally posted by LMS
                No dis is not my first gun. I've had a glock 22, hi point 380, 38 snub, and some bootleg a** 9mm. I've just picked up my first gun in CA. First of my new collection, HK usp 40. About da Eagle, Mag Res says, 90-120 days for refinishing. Probly end up doin it that way. While waiting for 30days to pass, im gon pick up a consignment Glock31 and send that to Robar. Probly pick up a shotty too. I don't kno much bout em. I want a Serbu super shorty but i think that's illegal in CA. I like the "contemporary" guns, sort a speak. Recommendations???

                Dude, stop.

                Comment

                • #23
                  bug_eyedmonster
                  • Oct 2007
                  • 3639

                  Originally posted by PonyFiveO
                  You should just send it back to the factory. They will ensure/guarantee the gun still works propery after the refinishing and your warranty will not get voided.

                  http://www.magnumresearch.com/Expand...uctCode=CF-DEP
                  Does anyone know the difference between the polished chrome and the polished nickel? Is one stronger/better then the other?

                  Jerry
                  The inconvenience of poor quality lingers long after the thrill of a good bargain.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    IceMan711
                    Member
                    • Apr 2008
                    • 197

                    Originally posted by LMS
                    No dis is not my first gun. I've had a glock 22, hi point 380, 38 snub, and some bootleg a** 9mm. I've just picked up my first gun in CA. First of my new collection, HK usp 40. About da Eagle, Mag Res says, 90-120 days for refinishing. Probly end up doin it that way. While waiting for 30days to pass, im gon pick up a consignment Glock31 and send that to Robar. Probly pick up a shotty too. I don't kno much bout em. I want a Serbu super shorty but i think that's illegal in CA. I like the "contemporary" guns, sort a speak. Recommendations???
                    Every now and then I see a post that is so awesome, I think to myself, "There is no way this guy is for real."

                    I'm really undecided here. Either way, this is probably one fo the best posts I have ever read on the entire internet.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      AYEAREFIFTEEN
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2006
                      • 1112

                      Originally posted by IceMan711
                      Every now and then I see a post that is so awesome, I think to myself, "There is no way this guy is for real."

                      I'm really undecided here. Either way, this is probably one fo the best posts I have ever read on the entire internet.
                      Seems like two different people. In another post the OP seemed to do a lot better. Looks like the OP switched to ebonics mid thread.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        JTROKS
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Nov 2007
                        • 13093

                        Hard chrome is better in protecting your gun from corrosion and wear.
                        The wise man said just find your place
                        In the eye of the storm
                        Seek the roses along the way
                        Just beware of the thorns...
                        K. Meine

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          DIG
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2006
                          • 964

                          Originally posted by LMS
                          I just ordered a 44mg desert eagle today from a dealer. We tried to get it in brushed/polished chrome but it seemed that it wasn't possible in CA. At least in Orange County. So, I ordered it in black oxide. I know I can get a conversion kit so i can have a 50ae eagle but what can I do about the finish???
                          Contact Magnum Research and arrange to send it to them for refinishing. IIRC, turn-around time on mine was about 5 weeks and about $275 for brushed chrome. They also include refinishing one magazine as well.


                          -

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            DIG
                            Senior Member
                            • Oct 2006
                            • 964

                            Originally posted by bug_eyedmonster
                            Does anyone know the difference between the polished chrome and the polished nickel? Is one stronger/better then the other?

                            Jerry
                            I personally think the polished nickel is more "mirror-like" than the polished chrome. Both are too "blingy" for me though. Don't know about stronger/better finish. If it's properly maintained, you don't need to worry.


                            -

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              JTROKS
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Nov 2007
                              • 13093

                              Most electroless nickle plating has a hardness of RC50, while hard chrome is tested at RC65 to 68. Only drawback with hard chroming will be on cast metals becoming brittle if the company doing it doesn't know what they're doing. I had a cast receiver that I sent to get hard chromed, the company said they have done many guns. Well, the friggin frame cracked. I'd say let Magnum Research do it or someone like Tech Plate or Metaloy do it. I've had Tech Plate do one of my raceguns, although they did a superb job they did not see a flaw in the brush finish, but ended up showing really bad after hard chroming.
                              Last edited by JTROKS; 07-01-2008, 1:21 PM.
                              The wise man said just find your place
                              In the eye of the storm
                              Seek the roses along the way
                              Just beware of the thorns...
                              K. Meine

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                tonelar
                                Dinosaur
                                • Mar 2008
                                • 6081

                                Originally posted by LMS
                                Unless it's just plain not allowed to be purchased in CA.
                                You can order it in any color you like; as long as it's black.


                                I'd sent it to MR to have them refinish it. DEs are worth enough IMHO to avoid a refinish that could compromise its strength.
                                Last edited by tonelar; 07-01-2008, 2:38 PM.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1