about 10 years ago i bought a COLT 2000. I lived in texas, station at fort hood i think i paid about 500.00 for it. IT jamed every two rounds i took it back , and the gun store, load behind the counter they tryed to cycle it. IT jamed up on them too, they gave me another one, it did the same. does anyone know anything about these guns are worth trying buy one again. I always like the way they looked and felt. I know they are hard to find for PPT?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
COLT 2000
Collapse
X
-
Wow they look Rare... I dunno if they are collectors but I have never ever seen one before. Since you mentioned it I looked it up it on wiki it says it was produced two years 92 to 94. Interesting gun...
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
Thomas Jefferson
Californian born and orginally from the Central Coast (Arroyo Grande, CA) who is currently serving in the Air National Guard of Missouri.

-
It's simply because of out 10 round magazine limit.Comment
-
Description from here-
I vaguely remember shooting one of these when they first came out. I must not have been impressed since I didn't buy it.The All American 2000 pistol was designed by the Reed Knight, Jr. and Eugene Stoner (of M16 fame), at the time both working at Knight's Armament Co. The design of the Knight's Model 2000 pistol has been purchased by Colt in attempt to bring to the market a more or less up-to-date 9mm design, suitable for police use. However, the pistol, as brought to the market in 1991, was plagued by serious reliability and safety issues, combined with very heavy and creepy double action only trigger. Two types of Model 2000 pistol were made, with polymer or aluminium frames, and neither sold well. As a result of poor sales, and in the view of coming bankruptcy, Colt discontinued the All American 2000 in 1993, so the initially advertised .40 and .45 caliber versions never came up.
All American 2000 is short recoil operated, locked breech design that uses rotating barrel locking. Barrel have five radial locking lugs that securely engage the slide; upon recoil, a separate lug on the underside of the barrel follows the cam-shaped cut in the frame insert, and thus rotates barrel to unlock from the slide. Trigger is of double action only type, striker-fired, with automatic trigger safety. Despite the obvious attempts to improve the trigger pull by introducing roller bearings to the design, this pistol had a very poor (heavy, long and uneven) trigger pull, resulting in poor accuracy. Magazines were of double stack design, magazine release button located at the base of triggerguard. Sights were fixed, rear sight blade dovetailed to the slide."Where the Hell do you put the bayonet?"- Chesty Puller, on first seeing a flamethrowerComment
-
These were supposed to be the new police offering from Colt and turn the company around. It never took off and because of the unique action it functioned less than admirably. I had one in DROS last month that was pulled by the original seller. He had second thoughts and I honored his intentions.
PS this was the predecessor to the automags, this is where the idea was born."I would kill for a Nobel peace prize." Steven Wright"
Board Member CGSSA Donate now!
NRA lifetime memberComment
-
Pretty neat little guns desinged by a noted gun guru we all know and love.
To bad it didn't work out well. I rememebr we had one in "Police Use Inventroy" that we took out and played with a few times. Jammed like crazy. Initial ones had a nice trigger but were deemed "not safe" by Colt lawyers so later productions smaple had ungodly heavy triggers.
It pointed and shot very well though when they do cycle properly.Murphy's Law - What can happen will happen at the least opportune momentComment
-
They have a bad rep especially for poor trigger pulls. IIRC Colt deviated too much from the original Reed Knight design. They look comfortable and ergonomic but I'd only buy one at a very low price for a collectible.
I rarely see them..22short .22lr .22mag .25acp .32acp .32H&Rmag,.35rem .30carbine
7.62x25Tok 7.62x38r .380acp .38S&W .38spl 9x18Mak 9mmPara .35rem
9mmLargo .38super .357mag .40S&W 10mm .41mag .44spl .44mag
.45acp .45LC 6.5Carcano 7.7Japanese 7.62x54r 6.5Swede,6.5x54r
.30-40Krag 7.5French 8x57Mauser .223Rem 7.62x39 .410bore .30-30
20ga 12ga .303British 8x56r 7.5x55Swiss .30-06...Comment
-
I you want one I know an FFL with one in their consignment case, pm me.Originally posted by halifaxHow about the next time a kid gets suspended/expelled for simply drawing a picture of a gun. I see a federal civil rights lawsuit against the school district for violation of 1st & 2nd amendments.
Originally posted by CA357I am getting old and my bull***** tolerance is rapidly diminishing.Comment
-
Ah yes the colt 2000 I remember my cousin having one of those when we went shooting 3 years ago. He bought it in 2000 for $1000 at a gun show in Nevada, but it was basically NIB, never fired" I think the National Rifle Association is more feared than any of those associations,"
-Bob Schieffer, CBS News chief Washington correspondent
Comment
-
There were 2 variations of the Colt 2000. Once had a polymer frame, one was a light weight aluminum - which had wood grips.
There was also a shorted slide add-on available.. Not sure how many (if any) were offered.. But I heard about them - when I had purchased my 2000..
They are becoming collectors items, as most items from Colt. The less that sold, the better from a collectors standpoint.
I had one - it functioned 100%. Never liked the trigger, but the concept was like the M16 with the barrel that rotated - if I am not mistaken.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,474
Posts: 25,148,145
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,908
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 22751 users online. 43 members and 22708 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment