Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

xdm worth the extra Money

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • andy75
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 713

    xdm worth the extra Money

    Need advise, I been wanting a xdm 3.8 compact 9 or 40, but is it worth the extra $250-300 over glock and mp. I already have xd and glock. If anyone has has a xdm let me know what you think, is it worth the price. Thanks
  • #2
    mlevans66
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2009
    • 9516

    I have the XDm 9mm 4.5 and I LOVE it over the XD and Glock. I have shot all three numerous times and I have to say "I" like the Glock trigger more but the ergonomics of the XDm and accuracy are better to me. If I had the chance to sell and get a new Glock and XD.....I'd still keep my XDm.
    The liberal see's the glass as half full and tries to take more.
    The conservative see's glass as half empty and tries to keep it that way.
    I'm with the people on the side just pouring water in the glass trying to get a drink!

    Comment

    • #3
      drew3630
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • May 2013
      • 377

      I just picked up a XDm 3.8 in 40. I carry a Glock 19 and my nightstand gun is a XD40. If I had to choose one, I don't know if I could pick one over the others. It would be like choosing which of your kids you like better

      I do like the ergonomics of the XDm but is it worth the extra money? I think that is something each person has to answer for him/herself.

      Comment

      • #4
        sirgiles
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2008
        • 2311

        not worth the extra $250-300.

        same mushy trigger as the xd. but if you like the aesthetics, go for it.
        "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

        Bruce Lee

        Comment

        • #5
          desertexplore
          Banned
          • Jan 2013
          • 4221

          Sold my G17 and bought a XDm through SSE. Nice pistol, fits my hand better, no finger grooves and fits my hand better.

          But the Glock is a great pistol too.

          Comment

          • #6
            sd_fox_racer
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2011
            • 582

            If you don't have a XD then yes the XDm is worth it
            Spikes Honey Badger 300 blk
            Spike Spartan 556
            Spikes Punisher 556
            Sig SP2022 9mm
            Kahr CW9
            Cricket 22lr in pink
            Ruger 10/22 take down
            Aero precision 308
            Spikes Snowflake 224 Valkyrie

            Comment

            • #7
              Michael_Js
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2013
              • 1090

              I have an XD9 and an XDm .45. I've shot all the comparable Glock's before I purchased the XDm. Choose the XDm without ever trying it - no regrets at all...If I was going to carry (laugh...) I might get an XDs .45...however, that's a joke in San Diego.

              The XDm is a 4.5", bi-tone .45 and I love it! The XD9 is my Fiance's now
              __________________
              Greater Seattle, WA!!
              NRA, IDPA, 2nd Call

              Comment

              • #8
                64physhy
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2012
                • 733

                I have an XDm .45 (full size) that I traded a G17 for straight across. Best trade I ever made. I love the XDm. I've fired a regular XD before, and like the XDm way better.
                Work harder! Millions on welfare are depending on you!

                Comment

                • #9
                  m98
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 2005
                  • 4088

                  Xdm feels better in the hands. The thinner slide and angled cut of it is also better. the looks and feel is more aggressive. take ur pick. people claim glocks are cheaper. but why is it that the gen 4's cost bout the same as xdms?...me i like the features and feel of xdms better over glock/mp. choose one to ur likes. those 3 guns are the top contenders in the plastic' gun crowd
                  "Screw U guys, I'm going home"...:the great Eric Cartman

                  10mm. Because .45ACP just doesn't cut it anymore. <Trailerparktrash>

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    echopapa
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2012
                    • 986

                    I wasn't a fan of the regular xD line, but I just picked an xDM 5.25 without trying and I LOVE IT!

                    I love the ergos and trigger on it. Between my Glock Gen4s and M&P Pro, i would rate this:
                    Ergos: (1) XDM, (2) M&P Pro, (3) Glock
                    Trigger: (1) XDM, (2) Glock, (3) M&P
                    Trigger is very nice and crisp, reset is not as pronounced as the Glock (still the best out of the 3)

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      squiddo
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2012
                      • 1238

                      I prefer the feel of the XDM.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        pvl925
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2013
                        • 2032

                        i have a 3.8 9mm and the 5.25 9mm XDM's and love them over any other make and model. i am about to pick up a XDS 9mm as soon as the new/fixed ones hit the stores. also thinking about picking up a 4.5 40 XDM also.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1