Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock mods + upgrades

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • penguinofsleep
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 2070

    Glock mods + upgrades

    So, what mods does everyone have on their glocks and what are those particular glocks used for?

    Update post 59.
    __________________
    WTB:


    Savage 10/11 .308 OR Tikka T3 .308.
    CZ452 OR CZ455 .22lr. Lux or military trainer version.
    Benelli M2 with Comfortech stock.
    Mossberg 500
    M1 Garand
    Last edited by penguinofsleep; 09-11-2016, 5:41 PM.
  • #2
    INFAMOUS762X39
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 1458

    Originally posted by penguinofsleep
    Have a G20 gen4 coming soon and so far I know what sights I want to swap into the gun, but that's it.
    That's all you need to do... and of course buy magazines/ammo.

    Comment

    • #3
      VoxVeritasVita
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Feb 2013
      • 676

      Glockworx (Zev Technologies) in Oxnard. The Complete Fulcrum Trigger kit is amazing and the team at Glockworx is absolutely the best in the business.

      Comment

      • #4
        nicoroshi
        www.Buildyourownak.info
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Jan 2009
        • 3696

        Graphics for barrels, and slide plates = http://www.rockyourglock.com/

        Customization is kind of a personal thing.
        Not everyone will like the same things.
        What I like:
        Tungsten guide rod
        extended mag release, and slide lock
        Glockworx fulcrum triggers
        Grip plug
        AGrip
        Tru-glo TFO sights
        3.5# connectors
        25 cent trigger job


        >>>>>My Build Your Own AK eBooks<<<<<

        Comment

        • #5
          tacticalcity
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Aug 2006
          • 10929

          They don't really need much. A set of night sights, extra magazines, a kydex holster and kydex magazine pouch and you're done.

          If you really get twitchy and want to add some more then a Vickers extended magazine release and a Vickers extended slide stop lever and an internal buffer from Wilson or strike industries.

          For example I leave the triggers stock. Mine are not competition guns. They are self defense weapons. If I were building a competition gun then I would not hesitate to mess with the trigger. But for self-defense that is a real no go. The trigger in it is already ideal for self defense. Self defense firearms instructors will tell you the same. You want to be careful that what you add is combat proven and not some hokey mall ninja part that is gonna fail and get you killed. The Glock is an ultra reliable gun. When it comes to self defense guns, anything you add to it needs to be equally reliable. But for competition use, there are no hard and fast rules. Mod away.
          Last edited by tacticalcity; 09-21-2013, 9:45 PM.

          Comment

          • #6
            Echidin
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2008
            • 3072

            I did the usual extended slide stop, grip plug and night sights with all of the Glocks I've owned over the years. I had a G30sf that I also added a Lone Wolf barrel to, which I was pretty pleased with.

            Comment

            • #7
              Sugarfoot47
              Member
              • Mar 2005
              • 311

              I've had my Glock 19 Gen 3 for thirteen years. Mods include:

              1. Scherer guide rod insert. Metal rod with flatblade screw end that inserts into hollow area of factory recoil spring guide rod to keep from flexing.
              2. Trijicon night sights. I put them on in fall of 2000 and are still bright.
              3. Buffer technologies recoil buffer. Never had any reliability issues with them.
              4. Factory 3 1/2# connector. Not that much lighter than stock IMO, so still safe for carry.
              5. Vickers Tactical extended mag release. Longer than stock but a little shorter than the factory extended version so it's just right. I really like it and they are reasonably priced.
              6. Factory extended slide release.
              7. Grip Plug
              8. Grip Force Adapter. It attaches using a longer pin at the rear and they give you two to use and extra pins. It seems to make the pointing more natural for me since it straightens the backstrap a little. Kinda like having a Gen 4 grip. Haven't shot it yet with it on but I think it will do well for me. They run about 23 bucks on average and you get two different units in the package.

              In the past 34 years I've owned several 9mm pistols and to date my G19 is the only one that has never jammed not even once in all this time using everything from 115 grain to 147 grain factory ammo and reloads, both ball and hollowpoint. It's been a fine gun.

              Comment

              • #8
                jb3
                Junior Member
                • Jun 2010
                • 24

                I also have a g23 gen4 coming in and I hear the new trigger pull is pretty heavy. 5.5 lbs is it? What are experiences? How much is that glockworkz trigger kit?

                Comment

                • #9
                  Virus55
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2012
                  • 1697

                  My Glock 19 and 27 are stock. My 22 has an extended mag release and slide stop and a Streamlight TLR-HL
                  Active Law Enforcement
                  Certified Glock Armorer
                  Hunter & Fisherman
                  God Bless The USA
                  Lets Go Brandon!!!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    glockman19
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2007
                    • 10486

                    Night sights, #3.5 trigger, mag well plug.
                    That's all.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      stag6.8
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2007
                      • 1335

                      On my G19 gen 3 , I added a glock extended slide/stop, a grip force beavertail, a lone wolf grip plug, glock 17 mags with x-grip magazine adapters(much better grip), a glockstore stainless steel guide rod with factory weight spring, a surefire x300 ultra with remote switch. the next thing I`m adding is trijicon night sights which pretty well completes mine. With the exception of the slide stop/release and spring guide rod, all of my upgrades were external. I feel no need to do any other internal upgrades it runs GREAT.
                      Last edited by stag6.8; 11-27-2013, 11:16 AM.
                      Walked in application: May 10th 2021
                      Date of interview: Oct 7th 2021
                      Live scan: Oct 7th 2021.
                      Email from L.A.S.D. to proceed with training: Feb 3rd, 2022.
                      Training Completed: Feb 5th 2022
                      Emailed training paperwork to L.A.S.D.: Feb 7th 2022
                      L.A.S.D. responded back stating that they received paperwork: Feb 8th 2022
                      Call for pickup: Feb, 22nd 2022-pick up permit Feb 23 2022
                      Good Cause Color: Yellow
                      Active Utah, Arizona and Florida Non-Resident CCW Permits.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Darryl Licht
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        • Dec 2012
                        • 2259

                        Night sights were the first and best mod!

                        In addition to the sights; I am currently running a lighter trigger spring and polished mating surfaces, decal grip, and an extended slide release.

                        Glocks really don't need anything at all they are reliable right outta the box! Most of us just cannot resist the urge!

                        Next up is a rail mounted light!
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
                        --Thomas Jefferson
                        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          nikki#2
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 2164

                          Give the new included beavertail backstraps a try... I like them! (butt plug won't fit with them on)

                          Trijicon HD's, extended slide and mag release, and I prefer a Gen3 trigger bar + $ .25 trigger job on both my Gen4 G17 and G26.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            TheWoodCrafter
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2013
                            • 1023

                            I just picked up a 17 and had a few upgrades added.

                            Grip, magwell extention, Tritium sites and a 2LB Pyrmid trigger.

                            This thing is REALLY nice now.
                            Attached Files
                            "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." George Orwell

                            "A free society asks not why people want or need their freedom. It asks why government would restrict it."

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              18Dmedic
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2011
                              • 596

                              I know you said mostly range gun but others may need this info as well. Just an FYI...If you don't want to be the next George Zimmerman, leave the Glock alone. Any weapon that is modified is a prosecutor's wet dream.

                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX

                              Prosecutor: Soo, Mr. Zimmerman, you modified your pistol?

                              Zimmerman: Why yes! I got a 3.5 pound trigger, a competition mag well, a grip reduction, night sights, a laser, and a tungsten guide rod!

                              Prosecutor: why did you modify the gun to make it easier to shoot? Are you a blood thirsty killer? You want to go out and kill people? You must want to kill people.

                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX

                              I think you get my point...be real careful with mods on a carry or SD weapon. Modifying that Glock 17 may get you 20 to life. But if its gonna be a range pinker or strictly a comp gun, then rock on.
                              Last edited by 18Dmedic; 09-21-2013, 10:56 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1