Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

P226 vs P229 vs P228 SRT question...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • XDRoX
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 4420

    P226 vs P229 vs P228 SRT question...

    I'm very interested in getting a SRT for my P228. I've read great things about them.
    The kits I'm looking at say they're for P226/P229. I'm assuming that the parts are the same the the P228, but I just want to make sure before ordering.
    I have an older made in Germany P228 if that matters.
    Thanks.
    Chris
    <----Rimfire Addict


    Originally posted by Oceanbob
    Get a DILLON...
  • #2
    hk91666
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 1945

    This shows kit for all 3




    I did it for my 229 and its not working to well. Trying to work through the issues now.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by hk91666; 09-15-2013, 5:55 PM.
    "Si Vis Pacem Parabellum"

    NRA Life Member since 1978
    NRA Endowment Member since 2016
    CRPA Life Member 2022

    Comment

    • #3
      unusedusername
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2008
      • 4124

      The 226 kit works with the 229, 228, p6 and 225.

      The 220 kit is the same as the 226 kit except it comes with an extra part the 226 kit does not need.

      The 239 kit only works with the 239.



      Also be aware that the short trigger and the short reset trigger kit are different parts.

      Comment

      • #4
        SILENT GUNMAN
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2013
        • 1468

        I almost got rid of my 229 a while back. I just couldn't get used to the reset. The SRT kit made all the difference for me. It makes the reset almost the same as a Glock.
        "Suck on my machine gun" (Ted Nugent)

        Originally posted by Fishslayer
        "9mm is for killing Europeans. For truly dangerous people you need a .45."
        Originally posted by fighterpilot562
        I showed up naked to ur house with cake. But you weren't home. YOur wife maced me. And I was arrested

        Comment

        • #5
          BrassCase
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Dec 2011
          • 3192

          I put the SRT in my 226 Mk25 and it made a world of difference. It takes all of 10 minutes to do. I got mine from Midway.
          I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong...
          NRA Certified:

          Chief Range Safety Officer
          Instructor: Basic Pistol Shooting
          Instructor: Personal Protection Inside the Home

          Comment

          • #6
            The Mad Mule
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2012
            • 616

            When I got the SRT kit, I looked at the tiny pieces in the baggie and thought, "Wow, all this cost $60?" It definitely is one of those "the end justifies the means" purchases, because the SRT reset is very nice; as soon as you fire off one shot, you just need to relax your finger by a cm, maybe two, and you're good to go again.

            Would I say it's better than stock? Not necessarily. First and foremost it's very different than stock, and understanding the new trigger system is a nice departure from using other stock DA/SA pistols.
            And on the third day, God created the Remington bolt-action rifle so that man could fight the dinosaurs. And the homosexuals.

            Comment

            • #7
              hk91666
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2009
              • 1945

              Originally posted by hk91666
              This shows kit for all 3




              I did it for my 229 and its not working to well. Trying to work through the issues now.

              Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
              Issues worked out on srt kit.

              Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
              "Si Vis Pacem Parabellum"

              NRA Life Member since 1978
              NRA Endowment Member since 2016
              CRPA Life Member 2022

              Comment

              • #8
                Plisk
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2009
                • 3007

                All 3 SRT kits have the same sear and safety bar. P220 includes a current gen. P220 decocker, P239 includes a current gen. P239 trigger bar spring, and the P226 kit includes nothing extra.
                "If it wears out, replace it. If it breaks, upgrade." -Cranky Air Force Vet.

                Kevin

                Comment

                • #9
                  viet4lifeOC
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 2010
                  • 4888

                  Originally posted by unusedusername
                  The 226 kit works with the 229, 228, p6 and 225.
                  The P6. Wowser.

                  Does the E2 grips work for the P6?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    unusedusername
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 2008
                    • 4124

                    I have not tried e2 grips in the p6...

                    I know p239 grips don't fit a p225 so it's unlikely.

                    Hogue does make g10 grips for the p6/p225 though. Those are awesome.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Plisk
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 3007

                      E2 grips only exist for P220, P226, P227, P229/8.
                      "If it wears out, replace it. If it breaks, upgrade." -Cranky Air Force Vet.

                      Kevin

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1