Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

In CA value on A S&W model 27-3?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Knifemaker
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2007
    • 576

    In CA value on A S&W model 27-3?

    Whats a going price on one of these here in CA? The one Iam looking at is 1982 vintage, NOT pinned or recessed, 8 3/8ths inch long barrel in 95%-98% condition with wood presentation box, papers and tools, box is rough shape inside like most of them.It has all the normal 27 bells and whistles, target hammer/trigger, adj white outine/red ramp, target grips,etc... Let me know what you think. It will make a nice addition to my N frame collection, also picked up a mod 28 vintage 1964 a few weeks ago with a six inch barrel for $500, not a great price but not bad, this one is also like 95%, has some nice dark smooth target stocks...
    Thanks!
    Matt
    Last edited by Knifemaker; 06-11-2008, 2:00 PM.
  • #2
    dfletcher
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Dec 2006
    • 14811

    The 8 3/8" is not all that popular, although I kind of like it and have a 29 in that length. Assuming it's blued, right?

    $700.00 - $750.00?
    GOA Member & SAF Life Member

    Comment

    • #3
      maxicon
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 4661

      I bought a clean 27-2 with 8 3/8 barrel, PnR, Hogue rosewood laminate target grips, target trigger and hammer, and a Leupold M8 2x scope for $555 on gunbroker back in 2/07. I'm surprised I got it for that price with a $150 scope, but the collectors didn't want it because it had been drilled and tapped.

      As dfletcher says, the 8 3/8" doesn't seem to be super popular these days, but I like long barrel revolvers. This is a great shooting gun, and I like it a lot.

      Original auction pic - I don't have any of mine online yet:
      sigpic
      NRA Life Member

      Comment

      • #4
        Miltiades
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2006
        • 1149

        Value guess $700-$800

        I'm going to guess about $700 to $800 for the model 27-3 you describe.

        These are great guns for shooting. I was just at the range a short time ago with my model 27 in 8-3/8 inch barrel, and was impressed with its accuracy. The heavy weight, long barrel and light single action trigger make it one of the best revolvers for target shooting. I bought mine about 40 years ago, so the $150 I paid for it then is not a good data point on present values. Mine was manufactured about 1957 and is the pinned and recessed -0 version.

        Comment

        • #5
          kurac
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2005
          • 2917

          $750 sounds about right. Most of the ones I come across are 27-2's so you may be able to subract $50-$100 for it being a less desirable -3
          www.culinagrips.com
          "custom grips for shooters by shooters"

          Comment

          • #6
            SnWnMe
            Calguns Addict
            • Feb 2007
            • 6897

            And it's only one trip to the vise away from being a coveted 3.5" 27
            Frank Da Tank

            Comment

            • #7
              Black_Talon
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 2281

              $750 is definitely in the ballpark for that particular M27.

              And $500 for your M28 is pretty good for a Kali gun!
              sigpic

              When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

              Comment

              • #8
                trashman
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2006
                • 3824

                I have a 27-3 (6") that I bought at a gunshow in Virginia for $350 in 2001. I still wake up in cold sweats wondering why I didn't buy every single gun on that guy's table.

                $700 for an 8" gun sounds shade high to me, but I think I'm behind the curve on 27 pricing. I repeatedly turned down an EXC condition nickel 27-2 with presentation box in Walnut Creek last year for $750. Somebody bought it, though....

                --Neill
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  cactuspete
                  Member
                  • Apr 2007
                  • 179

                  trashman, I know the nickle 27-2 you are talking about it. Think CCCF said they sold it at the Reno gun show. They also had a blue 27-2 with 8-3/8" tube. Took quite a while to sell that one but they eventually did. Think they were asking $700+ for that too. The long barrels can be tough to sell.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    eckerph
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2006
                    • 1694

                    I bought a NIB 27-2 6.5 inch barrel for $550 a few years back if that helps.
                    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=764869 M1 ammo for sale

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      dfletcher
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 14811

                      Originally posted by cactuspete
                      trashman, I know the nickle 27-2 you are talking about it. Think CCCF said they sold it at the Reno gun show. They also had a blue 27-2 with 8-3/8" tube. Took quite a while to sell that one but they eventually did. Think they were asking $700+ for that too. The long barrels can be tough to sell.
                      True - there's an 8 3/8" 629, no lock at Castro Valley for about $750.00. Been there for at least 2 months. I think a 6" would have moved pretty quickly at that price.
                      GOA Member & SAF Life Member

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        trashman
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2006
                        • 3824

                        Originally posted by cactuspete
                        trashman, I know the nickle 27-2 you are talking about it. Think CCCF said they sold it at the Reno gun show. They also had a blue 27-2 with 8-3/8" tube. Took quite a while to sell that one but they eventually did. Think they were asking $700+ for that too. The long barrels can be tough to sell.
                        Yep, those were both in my hot hands during several trips. Never had any trouble putting 'em down at that price, though.

                        I tried to haggle the price down a bit with Chuck on the nickel one but he held firm. As I've heard the guys in the shop say, "Everything in here sells eventually"....

                        --Neill
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1