Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Hi Point, need I say more?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ZatsavaM59
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2013
    • 36

    Hi Point, need I say more?

    I'm ashamed to say that I bought the Hi point in 9 mm. Biggest mistake ever. They make the crappiest magazines. The rounds kept nose diving. So I decided to send the gun back to Hi Point for some work. They said they fixed it and they didn't have any problems. I took it to the range recently and guess what? THE SAME PROBLEM !!!!!! Wow, what a pile. I don't thnk I want to spend $45 again to send it in again....I'm not sure if I should keep the pile or get rid of it.
  • #2
    67goat
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2012
    • 896

    Go to the hi point forums. They'll tell you what to do. Mine runs just fine.

    Comment

    • #3
      ZatsavaM59
      Junior Member
      • Aug 2013
      • 36

      That's the problem. I think it's crappy that I would have to send it in again when they specifically said that they didn't have any failures to feed.

      Comment

      • #4
        meaty-btz
        Calguns Addict
        • Sep 2010
        • 8980

        I'll give you $10 for it
        ...but their exists also in the human heart a depraved taste for equality, which impels the weak to attempt to lower the powerful to their own level, and reduces men to prefer equality in slavery to inequality with freedom.

        Comment

        • #5
          Pauliedad
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Dec 2012
          • 2095

          I'll buy it. Pm me if serious. Always wanted a cheap 9 to work on.

          Comment

          • #6
            67goat
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2012
            • 896

            Originally posted by ZatsavaM59
            That's the problem. I think it's crappy that I would have to send it in again when they specifically said that they didn't have any failures to feed.
            I didn't say send it back in. Hipoint forums is a website. The people there will tell you how to easily modify the mags to be reliable.

            Comment

            • #7
              ZatsavaM59
              Junior Member
              • Aug 2013
              • 36

              Yeah I tried that trick for mags. Didn't work lol

              Comment

              • #8
                tal3nt
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2012
                • 3168

                Do you own any other handgun(s) that you are already experienced with, or is this your first?

                Make sure your rounds are seated at the correct angle

                Shoot FMJ

                Comment

                • #9
                  ZatsavaM59
                  Junior Member
                  • Aug 2013
                  • 36

                  Not my first one. The way that the mag is built it is easy for the rounds to nose dive.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    tal3nt
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2012
                    • 3168

                    I'm familiar with the magazines. Usually if the round at the very top of the mag is properly angled (so that the nose of the bullet is pointing upward) before inserting into the magwell, the rest of the rounds should feed just fine.. But like another member has suggested, the guys over at hipoint forum should be able to help you out much better than I can

                    Good luck

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      ZatsavaM59
                      Junior Member
                      • Aug 2013
                      • 36

                      Thanks

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        morfeeis
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 7605

                        What other firearms do you own and how long have you been shooting handguns? I ask because I've owned four hipoints at one time or another and after adjusting the mags i never have had a problem. My wife often had a problem with her C9 till i got her to stop limp wristing.
                        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
                        Originally posted by Ayn Rand
                        You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          diverwcw
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2012
                          • 2693

                          POS, I regret buying mine.
                          sigpic

                          Former Front Sight Commander Member
                          NRA Benefactor Life Member www.nra.org
                          CRPA Life Member www.crpa.org
                          NRA Instructor: Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Range Safety Officer

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            tal3nt
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 2012
                            • 3168

                            Ya'll knew what you were buying though, right? a sub $200 9mm pistol.. Still, from what I read, people love 'em.. I know I love my 995

                            Sell it for a couple twenties and go have some fun if it's a POS

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              meaty-btz
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Sep 2010
                              • 8980

                              Originally posted by diverwcw
                              POS, I regret buying mine.
                              ill give you 10 bucks to ease your regret. If it really is as bad as everyone says then it can't be worth more than ten bucks, maybe twenty.
                              ...but their exists also in the human heart a depraved taste for equality, which impels the weak to attempt to lower the powerful to their own level, and reduces men to prefer equality in slavery to inequality with freedom.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1