I took my 33 and LW barrel out last night. Every other round it FTF'd, kept trying to feed two rounds from the mag. I was using a 27 mag since I remembered it was fine last time. During the previous range trip my 33 mags were doing this same thing. Does this sound like an extractor issue or do I need to quit being cheap & buy some 26 mags? I have read differing opinions on this setup & would like to hear other user's experiences.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Glock 9mm Conversion FTF?
Collapse
X
-
-
With my conversion I went through 3 days of a 4-day front sight class with zero unintended malfunctions (converted on day 2)
A friend had told me that WWB always had problems with his so I used Remington or federalComment
-
I think there is a support page somewhere on 'breaking in' a conversion barrel, by shooting x rounds of y ammo then you can use whatever you want, but I never had to do that, I think that's where the friend suggested the idea of not using win/white/box ammoComment
-
Try mags made for that caliber.
Double feeds and most feeding issues usually lead to mag issues.Comment
-
Get a glock 26 mag
If it does not work for you I will trade you with a glock 32 10 round mag, barely usedComment
-
I had 0/500~
I'm really happy with my conversion barrel
I am using glock 19 mags when on the 23 and 26 mags when on the 27
No problem with either of them, the barrel just sticks out a bit more on the 27Last edited by Tripper; 07-23-2013, 9:48 PM.Comment
-
What barrel are you guys using on your 23 to 9?
I want the stock clone Lone wolf barrel. I almost bought one that's 4.2" but wiki says the 23s 40 barrel is 4".. I don't want it to stick out I want the flush. Is that the 4.2" or 4" LW barrel?
It says close to the stock barrel but I feel like the .2 is the extended barrel.Comment
-
mine sticks out just a bit on my 23 and more of course on my 27Last edited by Tripper; 07-23-2013, 10:05 PM.Comment
-
Mine is LWD239
The top is the LWD barrel the bottom is stock, both are glock 23s
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374642213.751690.jpgComment
-
Comment
-
I have a G23 with a LW 9mm conversion barrel. I have shot 1,000 rounds of .40 and 1,600 of 9mm with just 1 FTE. No other failures at all. I am using proper Glock mags for each caliber. I would blame the single FTE on the recoil spring not being broken in and cheap Tula steel cased ammo. I had only fired 50 rounds of .40 before using the LW barrel. The 2nd round of 9mm was the FTE.Comment
-
Took out my brand spanking new G27 shooting this past weekend. Shot 50 rounds WWB .40 S&W without a problem. Dropped the LW 40-9 barrel (w g26 mags) and fired some leftover Remington range ammo. Three magazines with three stove pipes. Proceeded to shoot with WWB ( 100 rounds) without any issues. Is there a break in period? At what point do you guys feel comfortable that a gun is good to go (200 rnds? 500 rnds? Without issues)?Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,699
Posts: 25,150,588
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,829
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 19532 users online. 40 members and 19492 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment