Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Recommendations for a "nightstand" holster?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jeffafa
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2013
    • 1068

    Recommendations for a "nightstand" holster?

    I keep my Glock 17 in my nightstand drawer in the evenings and I'd like to have something that basically covers the trigger so if I have to reach in there in the dark there's no chance for AD.

    I'm looking at the Blade Tech Nano and was wondering if there are better choices?



    I don't carry so comfort/printing aren't a concern.
  • #2
    thegamettt
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 2630

    I glued an RTI wheel to the bottom of my nightstand, and put my serpa holster there. one hand draw from the position I usually sleep in
    Have a good day!

    Comment

    • #3
    • #4
      JimBob123
      Junior Member
      • Jun 2013
      • 53

      i use it to carry and in nightstand. the safety mechanism is super sleek and its not too hard to operate at all. when u draw ur weapon out, with ur finger in the proper position, not on the trigger but along side the gun, its a fluid motion pulling it out

      Comment

      • #5
        Michael_Js
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2013
        • 1090



        Just make sure there's no laser on the gun as none of the above will work with one...
        __________________
        Greater Seattle, WA!!
        NRA, IDPA, 2nd Call

        Comment

        • #6
          ChrisBrooklyn
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2013
          • 1308

          Gun vault or similar safe. You can mount on the back of the nightstand and the good ones are super reliable and easy/fast to open. Probably have it in your hand ready to fire faster than opening, reaching in drawer and removing from holster. Ymmv.

          Comment

          • #7
            missiontrails
            Calguns Addict
            • Nov 2008
            • 7879

            Blackhawk SERPA, with a paddle, and without the belt obviously.

            Comment

            • #8
              SouperMan
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2012
              • 1463

              Get a Raven Concealment Systems Vanguard 2 and use the included parachute cord and a self-supplied eye-bolt and attach the cord to the holster to the eye-bolt to the nightstand. If you ever have to reach in to get your gun, the holster unclips from the gun on your draw with one hand.

              Edit:

              For those of you visual folks, here is a picture from Raven Concealment's FaceBook page with this illustration.
              Last edited by SouperMan; 07-01-2013, 3:11 PM.

              Comment

              • #9
                Chefantone
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2013
                • 650

                Originally posted by Michael_Js
                http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

                Just make sure there's no laser on the gun as none of the above will work with one...
                I use this as well and really like it. It keeps my pistol close by and I can easily locate it in the dark. I don't have any little ones running around so I don't need to worry about it's easy access.
                Negativity is hard to counteract. Stupidity is even harder. - Tim Schmidt

                Comment

                • #10
                  11011500a
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 940

                  Walmart has cheap air soft holsters $9.95 with a large Velcro belt loop you can slide between box & mattress.The Velcro holds it in place.Hide it beside the bed & night stand.

                  Comment

                  • #11
                    SILENT GUNMAN
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2013
                    • 1468

                    If AD is your only concern you could try this. Its fairly cheap and easy to remove in the dark.

                    "Suck on my machine gun" (Ted Nugent)

                    Originally posted by Fishslayer
                    "9mm is for killing Europeans. For truly dangerous people you need a .45."
                    Originally posted by fighterpilot562
                    I showed up naked to ur house with cake. But you weren't home. YOur wife maced me. And I was arrested

                    Comment

                    • #12
                      thegamettt
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2011
                      • 2630

                      Originally posted by SILENT GUNMAN
                      If AD is your only concern you could try this. Its fairly cheap and easy to remove in the dark.

                      http://www.glockstore.com/saf-t-blok-for-your-glock
                      I find this slightly amusing..
                      Have a good day!

                      Comment

                      • #13
                        PandaBear
                        Member
                        • Apr 2013
                        • 485

                        I use Keyhole Holsters. American made. 2-3 week turnaround.

                        These are the deep conceal/pocket carry versions

                        Firearm snaps in and out of the kydex like it should
                        The loaded firearms will not fall out if the holster is held upside down
                        I can get a full grip on the firearm when it is holstered

                        Comment

                        • #14
                          taifei
                          Member
                          • May 2012
                          • 233

                          blackhawk and safariland have a "quick detach" attachment for their holsters. you can buy an extra mounting platform and screw it/glue it in place. this allows you to use the holster if you wanted to. basic belt holsters are in the $30s and the attachment are <$10 a piece i believe.

                          Comment

                          • #15
                            Shenaniguns
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 6158

                            Originally posted by SouperMan
                            Get a Raven Concealment Systems Vanguard 2 and use the included parachute cord and a self-supplied eye-bolt and attach the cord to the holster to the eye-bolt to the nightstand. If you ever have to reach in to get your gun, the holster unclips from the gun on your draw with one hand.

                            Edit:

                            For those of you visual folks, here is a picture from Raven Concealment's FaceBook page with this illustration.


                            Vanguards are perfect for the OP's requirements, I have one for my carry gun when I get home to put in the safe and a spare one for the car in case I need to unholster it for whatever reason. Since I have a near 3 year old, I'm also going to mount a Level 3 Safariland out of his reach up high that will fit a WML so I can make it easier for me to get to at night.


                            Similar to this:

                            Last edited by Shenaniguns; 07-01-2013, 8:37 PM.
                            My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1