Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Trouble picking between glock and sig

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    sjm9877
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 1182

    I have been shooting a Sig P226 since I was 17. The high bore axis thing on the Sig causing more recoil is FUD. I have both there is much more felt recoil with the lighter Glock. The DA/SA is a concern for some shooters in competition. However I use a P226 in IDPA. It's fun seeing all the guys with the Glocks & 1911s below me in the rankings.

    One gun does not fit all, use what works best for you. If I had to choose between a $1000 Sig and a free Glock. I'd still take the Sig.

    Sigs became popular because of their performance.

    Glocks became popular because they were cheap.

    Comment

    • #32
      Stryprod
      Member
      • Jan 2008
      • 414

      I know the feeling; it is hard to let go of your first love. I was a XD guy and by nature of that being my first gun, I had to dislike glocks. I avoided shooting them for a time, but once I did shoot with a glock I just shot better for some strange reason. I convinced myself it was merely because I was concentrating harder when shooting a platform I was not used to. When I started to come around to the results I was seeing I tried one last ditch effort to shoot a S&W MP, but alas I still didn't shoot as well as I did with a glock. Sounds crazy right? Actively avoiding a lifeless object lol.

      Needless to say, the XD is sold and I'm now a happy owner of a g19 with a changed mindset that I will use whatever I shoot best with. If something comes along better than a glock, I'll go there too.

      If you have to pick one platform, pick the one you shoot best with, and with the most consistently.
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #33
        Striker
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2010
        • 750

        Originally posted by chaos06
        So I started out shooting a sig p226 and hated glocks for a very long time. I joined a local uspsa event and saw how quick people shot compared to me. I blamed it on muzzle flip of my p226 and had trouble doing quick follow up shots. last summer I bit the bullet and bought glock 34 and upgraded the sights and trigger. I instantly fell in love with the combo.

        As of now i think i'm pretty decent on both guns, but my problem is, i have 2 sigs and 2 glocks and I'm thinking of downsizing my semi-auto handguns to 2. I noticed if i'm shooting the sig a lot and get good with it, when i jump back to the glock something feels off and i have to shoot about 20 rounds to get used to it again.

        I never thought i'd be a glock guy, but i find myself liking it more than the sig now, but a part of me always feels guilty for liking the glock and i'd pick up the sig and shoot out of guilt.

        You guys think i should get rid of my two glocks or my two sigs?
        Personally, if I was forcing myself to choose one of the other, I would choose Glock. Only because I can get the same results with less effort. I can shoot a Sig or any DA/SA and get comparable results to a Glock, but it takes more effort for me.

        Not sure why you want to downsize your collection though. Variety is nice. If I get tired of shooting X gun, I shoot gun Y for awhile. It's kind of nice and I keep a certain amount of proficiency with different guns. So unless I was trying to finance something else, I would just keep them all.

        Comment

        • #34
          Squidward
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2006
          • 1779

          Everyone professes a love/ hate for a particular handgun because they are a very personal decision. Perhaps, IMO, moreso that any long gun. For some time Glock has been the recipient of much hate for many differing reasons. But check threads closely and you'll see many people choosing Glocks over other models when the talk turns to more than simple range duty.

          My opinion is that because handguns cause a more emotional attachment than long guns is that you should diversify. In other words keep a Sig and a Glock and with the money you you make on the sales explore another platform that you may enjoy.

          In the end, it's not WHAT you shoot, it's THAT you shoot!

          Comment

          • #35
            stormvet
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Mar 2010
            • 12681

            I ditched my DA/SA guns years ago. Now it is just S/A and striker handguns. I can keep up with the training for two different trigger systems but not three. There is nothing wrong with using the DA/SA firing system as long as you train with it. I shot 1911s, Glocks and CZ's only S/A. Oh and sometimes I still brake this out when I feel the need to shot a SIG.
            Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

            Comment

            • #36
              Jimmy310
              Senior Member
              • May 2009
              • 1766

              In the beginning of my gun hobby, i never wanted to like glock. I bought a p226, then traded it for a usp, then sold that and bought m&p, then bought a 1911, then traded the m&p for a ar15, then bought a xd9sc (really liked it, very predictable to shoot)........

              Pistols i've owned:


              Sig P226 9mm
              Hk Usp .40
              Smith and wesson m&p
              Kimber custom 2 1911
              Springfield XD9sc
              Springfield XD 9
              Glock 23, 19, 31, 30
              Taurus 24/7 9mm pro
              Taurus pt92 (very underrated gun)
              Sig SP2022

              Ive had many pistols....i just graduated college and took 6 classes last semester and only worked 20hrs a week so i had to sell some pistols. I only have 2 right now.....both glocks (31, and 23) with 9mm conversion barrels.

              One thing that i love about glocks is that i feel comfortable working on them myself. Parts are readily available and they just work. One thing i hated about some guns ive owned is that they rust (sigs, 1911, usp). I also feel confident with glocks because they shoot really well too! Decide with your brain and not your heart.



              WTT: Federal hydrashock 40s&w JHP's for 9mm fmj's locally


              http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=927721

              Comment

              • #37
                BumBum
                Senior Member
                CGN Contributor
                • Jan 2013
                • 1607

                I own a Glock 19 and a Sig P229. I like both for different reasons, but the Sig is just such a quality firearm. The trigger on the Sig is like a Cadillac compared to a Glock.
                sigpic
                DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is general in nature, which may not apply to particular factual or legal circumstances, and is intended for informational purposes only. Consistent with Calguns policy, the information does not constitute legal advice or opinions and should not be relied upon as such. Transmission of the information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Readers should not act upon any information in my posts without seeking professional counsel.

                Comment

                • #38
                  Bug Splat
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 6561

                  I very much dislike sigs. Main reasons are: higher bore DOES cause more flip, slide release is WAY to far back, impossible to get a high grip thumbs forward grip without holding down the slide release.

                  Sigs do not go well with my style of shooting, simple as that. OP, sounds like you are in the same boat. Come join the dark side and stop pretending to act like Sig is actually on the table for debate.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    sjm9877
                    Senior Member
                    • Jul 2012
                    • 1182

                    ^^^

                    If a Sig doesn't work for you. Either learn to shoot or stick with a Glock.
                    Thumbs forward does nothing to enhance shooting or accuracy.

                    The high bore axis is not an issue with recoil. The weight of the Sig more than compensates for the difference. Muzzle flip is much more noticeable with the Glock 34. I shoot them side by side often.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      TurboLT
                      Junior Member
                      • Jun 2013
                      • 99

                      I shoot better with a glock also but enjoy shooting the sig more. If I were you I'd keep one brand in 0.40 and the other brand in 9mm. That's my plan and it makes coming by ammo a lot easier should you get the itch to shoot.

                      I also don't carry every day and my home defense primary is a 12 gauge so I'm less concerned about the DA/SA thing. YMMV

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        kdruff2
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2012
                        • 1218

                        FWIW, going through the same issue. I will be keeping a P226 and a G34 9mm.

                        My first love are Sigs. It's the Cadi in the garage. Next to it is sits the Accord. You drive both equally as well but there are different occasions that you might want to use one over the other.

                        I think it's also important to keep the guns of the same caliber to keep stocking up on ammo nice and easy.

                        I'm very comfortable with both, and sometime run thru the stages in a match w/ each gun (official and unofficial time) once everybody has made their way thru. Seems like I run the Glock to keep the mileage manageable on my Sig given what I shoot per month.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          SacTown
                          Senior Member
                          • Apr 2011
                          • 1784

                          I own a P226 in 9mm and a Glock 19. I find myself shooting the Glock much more mainly because it is my carry firearm. If the P226 was not my first handgun that I owned, it probably would have been sold. Still an awesome gun nonetheless.
                          sigpic SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            DFence
                            • Feb 2012
                            • 1368

                            Sell one of each. Problem solved
                            Its not paranoid.....its prepared.

                            NRA Certified Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/PPIH/PPOH Instructor | NRA Certified RSO | NRA Life Member | GSSF Life Time Member | Surefire Low Light Instructor | Glock Certified Armorer | Utah CCW Instructor | Nevada CCW Instructor

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              kdruff2
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2012
                              • 1218

                              ^^That's actually a really good, and funny way, to approach.

                              When making a tough decision, sometimes it's easier to start by eliminating what you don't like as much vs. picking what you really like.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                missiontrails
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 7879

                                Originally posted by TurboLT
                                I shoot better with a glock also but enjoy shooting the sig more. If I were you I'd keep one brand in 0.40 and the other brand in 9mm. That's my plan and it makes coming by ammo a lot easier should you get the itch to shoot.

                                I also don't carry every day and my home defense primary is a 12 gauge so I'm less concerned about the DA/SA thing. YMMV
                                Makes zero sense to have .40 and 9mm...... in fact, IMO .40 is an non necessary caliber. For duty, a guality 9mm +P is equally effective. For the range, 9mm is less expensive and softer shooting. If you're going go have two, a 9mm and a .45 makes better sense.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1