Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CCW Carry Question/Belt Pouches

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • gloxter
    Member
    • Apr 2005
    • 299

    CCW Carry Question/Belt Pouches

    Hello everyone:

    Has anyone ever tried, or can suggest what some manufacturers call "pistol pouches/belt packs"? I mistakenly asked the question in the acessories thread, so I'm asking the advice of the learn-ed within the handguns section.

    Bagmasters make "holsters' that essentially look like belt-attached camera bags. A few other manufacturers make similar devices, but there's not much variance from what's stated on the pouches/bags/holsters; i.e. materials, guarantees etc., and it's difficult to surmise which has the best built "holster" by merely viewing the photos from each's website.

    I already own a Blackhawk OWB holster as well as a Fobus OWB, both of which I like and wear with the appropriate clothing, say late September to March. I don't want to go IWB and adjust my so-called wardrobe to accomodate an IWB lifestyle. The issue is that I live in the "Valley" and it gets warm here. I'd rather spend a few bucks on a pistol pouch (belt-riding) that can give me the concealment that I desire and not a fanny pack that screams GUN!. My CCW is a G-19.

    Honest and respectable opinions only need respond.

    Thanks calguns!

    -gloxter
  • #2
    Librarian
    Admin and Poltergeist
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Oct 2005
    • 44689

    Try this one? link

    But why do you think a fanny pack screams gun? Maybe all black ones ... Someone fixed up a Million Mom (Moron) March fanny pack as his carry bag, see here
    ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

    Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

    Comment

    • #3
      Jon
      Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 328

      BlackHawk Urban Carry Case

      MaxPedition S-Type Versipack (Big)

      Eagle has a few, but they don't provide direct links.

      Eagle

      Comment

      • #4
        guns_and_labs
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Dec 2004
        • 1094

        Originally posted by gloxter
        and not a fanny pack that screams GUN!.
        Looking at the links provided, they all scream gun! just as loudly to me. Why else have a funny shaped bag on your belt? For me, I prefer to use a fanny pack with an MP3 player and cellphone hanging off of it or in the front pockets.

        I love the Million Mom March patch, though I'm not about to support them by buying one. Maybe Mickey Mouse?
        "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun." Wayne LaPierre, NRA Press Conference, 12/21/12

        Comment

        • #5
          taloft
          Well used Member
          CGN Contributor
          • Sep 2002
          • 2696

          There are day planners that have a holster pocket in them. Here is an example http://www.jagwear.com/jgwr1-10.htm Many holster makers offer them. The only problem with this is that you compromise speed.
          .




          "Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."--Plato

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1