Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Color Fills Done

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Blackhorse2010
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2013
    • 699

    Color Fills Done

    Woke up early this morning and with coffee and a cigar, did some color fill on my two FNS-9's.




  • #2
    MA2
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 1129

    Quick personal review on the FNS? Mainly interested in the trigger pull.
    Thinking it's good, if you bought two. Don't hear much about those in this state.

    Comment

    • #3
      Blackhorse2010
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2013
      • 699

      Originally posted by MA2
      Quick personal review on the FNS? Mainly interested in the trigger pull.
      Thinking it's good, if you bought two. Don't hear much about those in this state.
      I really like them and although the triggers seemed a bit "gritty" out of the box, firing over 1K rounds through each smoothed them up considerably...along with gently polishing the striker, striker channel, and the sear.
      Fairly short take-up with a crisp break.
      The reset is short and tactile.
      No malfunctions with either.
      The gun conceals well in an IWB.
      Given a choice, I'd rather carry the FNS-9 than the Glock 19 that my company makes us carry at work.
      Last edited by Blackhorse2010; 06-16-2013, 4:02 PM.

      Comment

      • #4
        geoliquid
        Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 413

        What do use to color fill those? Markers or brushes and paint?
        ***For Sale items:***

        Tanfoglio Witness Elite Match 45ACP EAA - Pasadena/Glendale/Burbank

        Comment

        • #5
          Blackhorse2010
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2013
          • 699

          Originally posted by geoliquid
          What do use to color fill those? Markers or brushes and paint?
          Nope. I borrowed my wife's nail polish: http://youtu.be/rZpGGM6Ksec

          Comment

          • #6
            dbbspider
            Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 334

            Looks good broh

            Comment

            • #7
              RamonSJC
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              • Aug 2012
              • 1532

              Looks legit! Might have to do it on my 9
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
              ~Albert Einstein

              "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."
              ~Thomas Jefferson

              All I have in this world is my ball$ and my word, and I don't break them for no one.
              ~Scarface

              Comment

              • #8
                Jet Setter
                Calguns Addict
                • Aug 2012
                • 5348

                Not bad.
                *********************
                WTS:
                1. PW 800+ Hydro Multispeed (just the hydraulic unit that also works with Spolar press)
                2. PW 800B converted to 800C (12 gauge) with lots of accessories and upgrades
                3. Hornady 366 (12 gauge)

                Comment

                • #9
                  shooperman
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2012
                  • 1854

                  I just finished doing my XD-9 after watching the YouTube vid. Thanks for the heads up. It was really easy, and turned out awesome.
                  "I'd cure the whole world with one primal scream, but no one would listen" - Davey Havok

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Blackhorse2010
                    Senior Member
                    • Jun 2013
                    • 699

                    Originally posted by shooperman
                    I just finished doing my XD-9 after watching the YouTube vid. Thanks for the heads up. It was really easy, and turned out awesome.
                    Sweet. Not my video, but easy to follow along. Post pics when you get a chance.
                    The wife just did the XD-M:



                    Last edited by Blackhorse2010; 06-16-2013, 7:26 PM.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1