Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Bang Bang Bang POP

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • socal147
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 1254

    Bang Bang Bang POP

    Was out shooting 9mm reloads thru my Glock 34, 23 ,27 this morning. Glock 34 killing the steel. Glock 23 shooting great until one of the cases got stuck in the barrel. Damn, left the aluminum rod at home. Oh well, loading the 27 with 23 magazines works just fine. Still killing steel ....Bang Bang Bang POP. I notice the silenced round and FTE. I pull the slide back and out comes the case. Hmmm, awful dark at the breech end of the barrel. SQUIB
    Last edited by socal147; 07-11-2013, 1:03 PM.
  • #2
    milw50717
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2006
    • 740

    How hard was it to remove the bullet?

    Comment

    • #3
      Staticsouls
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2012
      • 974

      At least you didnt get hurt

      Comment

      • #4
        Donk310
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2009
        • 1798

        Suck city.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          socal147
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2011
          • 1254

          milw - I just use a aluminum cleaning rod that is about a foot long and tap back to the breech. Came out after about ten or so firm taps.

          Static - Absolutely. This could have bit me in the butt if I had not paid attention to the POP. Another round could have chambered then it would have been Bang Bang Bang POP BOOM.

          Comment

          • #6
            Travis590A1
            Calguns Addict
            • Oct 2011
            • 5233

            I dont know if its just me but that barrel looks warped.

            Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

            Comment

            • #7
              VictorFranko
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2010
              • 13737

              I was going to ask if they were "purchased" reloads, but I just noticed who's thread this is, so I am assuming homegrown reloads?
              Glad you noticed the POP too!

              Comment

              • #8
                socal147
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2011
                • 1254

                Yep Victor, it was me. Must had did a skip on the XL 650. Hate it when that happens.
                Travis - it could be the result of using macro on the camera. Barrel is relatively straight.

                Comment

                • #9
                  SilverTauron
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jan 2012
                  • 5699

                  How interesting. I encountered a squib round this morning at the range while shooting my .380 .Unlike your instance there was enough pop to register, but not cycle the action. As such I immediately went into "tactical mode" and ejected the mag whilst racking the slide . My mind threw a red flag before I inserted the mag, and sure enough -stuck .380 bullet not 1/2" from the breech.


                  I came a split second away from blowing my hand and my Beretta into pieces. Sometimes you can be too high speed and low drag for your own good.
                  The more prohibitions you have, the less virtuous people will be.
                  The more subsidies you have, the less self reliant people will be.
                  -Lao-Tzu, Tau Te Ching. 479 BCE

                  The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    socal147
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2011
                    • 1254

                    Silver, Catching a Squib is always a good thing.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      HighLander51
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2010
                      • 5144

                      Originally posted by socal147
                      milw - I just use a aluminum cleaning rod that is about a foot long and tap back to the breech. Came out after about ten or so firm taps.

                      Static - Absolutely. This could have bit me in the butt if I had not paid attention to the POP. Another round could have chambered then it would have been Bang Bang Bang POP BOOM.
                      Squibs will not blow up a gun, however it can bulge the barrel. Most times the squib bullet stops the next round from going into full battery.

                      Pretty hard to miss powder drop on a 650 because it also bells the case and you wouldn't be able to put a bullet in. Most people get into trouble on auto indexing loaders when the primer fails to seat on a mil crimped case (1050's have swagers). What you do is to pull all the stations, put the partially processed cases in a box, and start the reloader all over again.
                      Last edited by HighLander51; 05-14-2013, 1:45 PM.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        SilverTauron
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Jan 2012
                        • 5699

                        Originally posted by HighLander51
                        Squibs will not blow up a gun, however it can bulge the barrel. Most times the squib bullet stops the next round from going into full battery.
                        Not always.

                        My first squib round was courtesy of a 9mm Tula round.I did a tap-rack and thought hey,let's check the chamber first.That last shot felt uneven...click the slide lock..OH MAH GAWD....

                        The pistol loaded the next round without a moments hesitation.I could have easily blown up the gun and my hand.Note to self:bring top drawer ammo to my next tactical pistol class.
                        The more prohibitions you have, the less virtuous people will be.
                        The more subsidies you have, the less self reliant people will be.
                        -Lao-Tzu, Tau Te Ching. 479 BCE

                        The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          VictorFranko
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jan 2010
                          • 13737

                          A couple years ago, a gunsmith here posted a thread that a guy brought a "broken" gun in to be looked at. The smith found FIVE bullets, yes, FIVE bullets stacked in the barrel!
                          The point of the smith's thread was this: If you hear something or feel something that does not seem right, check it out! Don't just keep pulling the trigger.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            HighLander51
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2010
                            • 5144

                            Originally posted by SilverTauron
                            Not always.

                            My first squib round was courtesy of a 9mm Tula round.I did a tap-rack and thought hey,let's check the chamber first.That last shot felt uneven...click the slide lock..OH MAH GAWD....

                            .
                            Still won't blow the gun up, it will bulge the barrel and may bulge the slide, but it will not blow it up. Kabooms are caused by double/triple charges or bullet setback. If the bullet moves back in the case even by .12" it can cause the pressure to almost double.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              SA227driver
                              Senior Member
                              • Jun 2010
                              • 1373

                              Originally posted by socal147
                              Was out shooting 9mm reloads thru my Glock 34, 23 ,27 this morning. Glock 34 killing the steel. Glock 23 shooting great until one of the cases got stuck in the barrel. Damn, left the aluminum rod at home. Oh well, loading the 27 with 23 magazines works just fine. Still killing steel ....Bang Bang Bang POP. I notice the silenced round and FTE. I pull the slide back and out comes the case. Hmmm, awful dark at the breech end of the barrel. SQUIB
                              Does your 23 and 27 have 9mm conversion kits? I was just curious because the 23 and 27 are .40cal versions.
                              NRA, CGF, GSSF, SAF member
                              Certified Glock Armorer 2011, 2016

                              "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. -Psalm 144:1

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1