Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Springfield XD .45

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SactoPlinker
    Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 182

    Springfield XD .45

    Hi All,

    So I'm turning 21 shortly and have been mulling over what handgun I want. I really want a 1911, but its simply not in the budget right now. So i researched some more and I like the XD .45 and was hoping to hear some thoughts on it from those who have experience with it.

    That being said, I'm also open to other handguns (no revolvers, I can always borrow my fathers) in .40 cal as well. I'd prefer full size, compact just never really felt good in my hands (call me weird, this pistol will pull range duty for the time being).

    My preferred budget is ~600, a little wiggle room is okay.

    Thanks in advance!
  • #2
    acolytes
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2007
    • 1914

    Mine is the compact 45. I like it, and have never had any malfunctions with any type of ammo. I kinda wish I went with the tactical though..
    Buy from Amazon? Use this link to shop and earn money for CGF at the same time!

    Comment

    • #3
      FailedAngrMgmt
      Member
      • Jan 2010
      • 321

      XD45 was my first handgun when I turned 21. The XD45 compact wasn't out then, otherwise I would of bought that one. Great gun. Wouldn't hesitate to buy another.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Time to nut up, or shut up.
      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

      Comment

      • #4
        vtrigger77
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2012
        • 1450

        Have you checked out the rock island 1911? Great 1911 for the price.

        Comment

        • #5
          G21Shooter
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2013
          • 3577

          Check out the Glock 21sf, smoothest shooting .45 out there.

          If it fits your hands good your good to go. Does not have all the bells abd whistles that can fail that the XD does.

          Comment

          • #6
            Clubhouse
            Junior Member
            • Apr 2013
            • 32

            I have the XD 40 Subcompact and my Dad has it in Service...I love them both.

            Sure the .40 SW round is snappy, but I think the XDsc compensates for it well. For me there is very little difference in perceived recoil between the 2.

            Comment

            • #7
              joe_sun
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 1905

              Check out the m&p 45. I really like the egos of that pistol.

              Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

              Comment

              • #8
                SactoPlinker
                Member
                • Mar 2012
                • 182

                Originally posted by acolytes
                Mine is the compact 45. I like it, and have never had any malfunctions with any type of ammo. I kinda wish I went with the tactical though..
                Originally posted by FailedAngrMgmt
                XD45 was my first handgun when I turned 21. The XD45 compact wasn't out then, otherwise I would of bought that one. Great gun. Wouldn't hesitate to buy another.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Thank you! Call it confirmation bias, but thats what I was hoping to hear lol.
                Originally posted by vtrigger77
                Have you checked out the rock island 1911? Great 1911 for the price.
                I have not, but I am now haha
                Originally posted by G21Shooter
                Check out the Glock 21sf, smoothest shooting .45 out there.

                If it fits your hands good your good to go. Does not have all the bells abd whistles that can fail that the XD does.
                Glock does not work for me, it feels terrible in my hand, and I tried really hard to like it. Great pistol, just not for me.
                Originally posted by Clubhouse
                I have the XD 40 Subcompact and my Dad has it in Service...I love them both.

                Sure the .40 SW round is snappy, but I think the XDsc compensates for it well. For me there is very little difference in perceived recoil between the 2.
                Good to hear, I like .40 and thats good info.

                Comment

                • #9
                  SactoPlinker
                  Member
                  • Mar 2012
                  • 182

                  Originally posted by joe_sun
                  Check out the m&p 45. I really like the egos of that pistol.

                  Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
                  Definitely, I actually looked at it, meant to give it more thought, then forgot as I have the attention span of a goldfish sometimes.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    220
                    Member
                    • Feb 2013
                    • 292

                    I love my XD .45 Compact. You can use full size mags with it too so you're basically getting a 2-in-1. Make sure to get a PRP trigger kit for it. Makes a world of difference.
                    Last edited by 220; 04-30-2013, 6:12 PM.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      static808
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2011
                      • 893

                      zero problems with my xd45 service. fits well in my hand, surprisingly soft for a polymer 45acp. tried the g21 and mp45, and the xd was by far the most comfy. wife liked it so much i got her a matching xd9 service. highly recommended...

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Simi-Surfer
                        Senior Member
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Dec 2012
                        • 713

                        I have an XD45 Tactical and totally love it. Shoots great, not a problem at all with it. I also have an XD40 Sub Compact and a SA 1911-A1. Springfield is great to work with.
                        "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" [Matt 28:19]


                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Sunday
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Jan 2010
                          • 5574

                          I have shot them . They are nice except they don't work with Semi wad cutters , so that spoils the deal for me.
                          California's politicians and unionized government employees are a crime gang that makes the Mexican drug cartels look like a Girl Scout Troop in comparison.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            acolytes
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2007
                            • 1914

                            Sacto, I also have the RIA 1911 tactical. Great gun for the price. My cousin has the XD40 compact. I shot it a few times and also really like it. For some reason I was more accurate with that, and it felt like it had less snap than my SIG2022 .40 for some reason.
                            Buy from Amazon? Use this link to shop and earn money for CGF at the same time!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Bakerloo
                              Senior Member
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 1725

                              XD45 Service for me. It shoots exactly where I aim every time. Every time...
                              I wouldn't sell or trade mine.
                              ...while the buffoon in the White House prances around celebrating butt sex.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1