Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Removing painted letters on slide?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SNCaliber
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 3222

    Removing painted letters on slide?

    Hey guys, I just acquired a Sig XO 1911 from a fellow calgunner and there are white letters on the slide but they are faded and I would just rather have the natural blued finish instead. Any ideas on what to use to remove the paint without damaging the slide finish? Thanks in advance!
    -Sang

  • #2
    NorCal Einstein
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2010
    • 1242

    Perhaps Breakfree CLP or Hoppes and some elbow grease?

    Comment

    • #3
      Bainter1212
      Calguns Addict
      • Feb 2013
      • 5936

      It might be crayon (I have been known to do this). If that is the case some Hoppes and an old toothbrush should work real fast.

      Comment

      • #4
        SNCaliber
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2012
        • 3222

        I don't think its crayon, Im thinking enamel paint, I'll try some CLP or Hoppes for now
        -Sang

        Comment

        • #5
          Foxsweep
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2010
          • 2903

          I just used nail polish remover with no acetone in it to get that sh-t off my glock slide...
          sigpic

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1