Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CZ 97B. WTF?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    esy
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2012
    • 1197

    i swear i saw one at both Wild Bill's in Elk Grove and RCGX in Sacramento when i was there about a week ago.

    Discover CZ's newest firearms, articles and activities. Shop online, use the configurator, and find dealers near you.


    that's what is on the CA roster from CZ. the model you're looking for probably isn't on roster because of mag capacity or something, but the 97B is on roster.
    Last edited by esy; 04-12-2013, 4:51 PM.

    Comment

    • #17
      Freq18Hz
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2011
      • 1243

      You're a bit late to the party. Any CZ is pretty much rare as hens teeth these days. Then again, so are Glock 19s.

      -Freq

      Comment

      • #18
        sfbay
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        • Sep 2011
        • 1646

        i just picked up a 97b from my ffl...


        i bought it about a month ago and wasn't able to get it yesterday...

        unfortunately, it seems a little big for me.

        i'm thinking of selling it.
        You get what you get and you don't get upset !

        Comment

        • #19
          Bug Splat
          Calguns Addict
          • Dec 2007
          • 6561

          Originally posted by sfbay
          i just picked up a 97b from my ffl...


          i bought it about a month ago and wasn't able to get it yesterday...

          unfortunately, it seems a little big for me.

          i'm thinking of selling it.
          Ditch the wood grips and get some thin aluminum ones. Makes a world of difference. Also if you convert it to SA only you can move the trigger all the way back.

          Comment

          • #20
            Track Rat
            Banned
            • Mar 2013
            • 452

            All CZ's starting with "0" in the SKU are on CA's approved list I believe. I love the 97B. Just as accurate as my 75B and easy to handle the recoil of the .45. If the stock wood grips are too big, opt for the CZ custom thin aluminum grips.

            Comment

            • #21
              ngiotta
              Junior Member
              • Jun 2011
              • 90

              SSE is a hassle and expensive. A lot of FFL's don't even do it. If the main model is on the roster and you can only find the high-cap version, just tell the seller/merchant to keep or replace the high cap mags. I did the same thing with with a CZ 75 SP-01 and it's in jail until Thursday-- no issues.
              UltraNick.
              Enterprise web development and design.

              Comment

              • #22
                Bug Splat
                Calguns Addict
                • Dec 2007
                • 6561

                Originally posted by ngiotta
                SSE is a hassle and expensive. A lot of FFL's don't even do it. If the main model is on the roster and you can only find the high-cap version, just tell the seller/merchant to keep or replace the high cap mags. I did the same thing with with a CZ 75 SP-01 and it's in jail until Thursday-- no issues.
                The 97 only comes in 10rd mags so we are good to go

                Sadly it looks like CZ just bumped themselves off the list by changing the grips and the front sight. Maybe we can convince them to keep the original model.

                Comment

                • #23
                  zfields
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 13658

                  The Sku doesnt matter as much as the model number. There are plenty of not correct sku'd CZ's being shipped into the state with the mags replaced.

                  However with the grip and sight change, that may make the difference.
                  Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

                  10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Uncle Leo
                    Member
                    • Apr 2013
                    • 290

                    Originally posted by sfbay
                    i just picked up a 97b from my ffl...


                    i bought it about a month ago and wasn't able to get it yesterday...

                    unfortunately, it seems a little big for me.

                    i'm thinking of selling it.
                    Is it the updated model with fiber optic sights? That is the obe that appeared not to be on the list. But if you got it, then others probably can.

                    I founf another forum where someone asked CZ about not letting the 97b expire in CA. They sent a response that it would be renewed and steps are being taken to ensure the 2013 model be available for calufornia. So hopefully it was legit.


                    The BD model is my most desired pistol. Polycoat and night sights ftw. Makes no sense for 1 to be on the roster and not the other

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      YeloSub
                      Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • 151

                      The model currently displayed on CZ's website is their new 2013 model as other have described already as having different sights, grip, etc. But the 2012 and older versions are still on the CAL roster, if you can find one.
                      "We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists."

                      ~ Patrick Henry

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Res
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2006
                        • 1633

                        I know of 2 gunshops in Sacramento who have these in stock.

                        Members should really put their location under their name.
                        --------------------------------------------
                        Dusty Miller
                        Sacramento

                        Matthew Jackson Miller: 8-6-07 to 10-15-07
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Uncle Leo
                          Member
                          • Apr 2013
                          • 290

                          Originally posted by Res
                          I know of 2 gunshops in Sacramento who have these in stock.

                          Members should really put their location under their name.
                          I'm in LA, but would like to know the shops.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Res
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2006
                            • 1633

                            Wild Bills a couple of months ago.

                            River City Gun Exchange on March 6th
                            --------------------------------------------
                            Dusty Miller
                            Sacramento

                            Matthew Jackson Miller: 8-6-07 to 10-15-07
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              tacticalniko
                              Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 225

                              I just got a 97b that is a couple years old with only 50 rounds through it; in practically brand new condition. Found it on armslist.com.

                              I didn't realize until I got it that it has a BEAST of a grip. I will definitely put some thin grips on it and probably convert it to SA.
                              Last edited by tacticalniko; 04-14-2013, 7:02 AM.
                              Niko - I'm just a girl that likes guns!

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Uncle Leo
                                Member
                                • Apr 2013
                                • 290

                                I have found like 2 of these brand new in box since I settled for my preowned supposedly never fired one I purchased. Patience is a virtue that I lack. Mine didn't even have a safety lock.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1