Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1911... you do get spoiled

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Fishslayer
    In Memoriam
    • Jan 2010
    • 13035

    1911... you do get spoiled

    Gotta confess. Since I picked up my SR1911 last December I've been shooting the snot out of it and the HD KP90 has been languishing bedside... lonely and neglected.

    Took it out yesterday & YIKES!

    While the trigger on it has never been what anybody would call "nice," after shooting even entry level 1911s for awhile it felt absolutely horrendous. Took about 70 rounds to get anywhere near used to it again. Might have been able to hit a barn if it held still long enough. .

    Think it's gonna be going along more often.
    "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


    Originally Posted by JackRydden224
    I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
    Originally posted by redcliff
    A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.
  • #2
    SNCaliber
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 3222

    All of my friends that shoot, when they buy a 1911, their other handguns just sit at home haha
    -Sang

    Comment

    • #3
      mAd mOrdigan
      Member
      • Aug 2012
      • 361

      after shooting a 1911, i put all dreams aside to save up for one

      Comment

      • #4
        Speedpower
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2010
        • 2238

        Wait till you try a 1911 in 9mm

        Comment

        • #5
          Bainter1212
          Calguns Addict
          • Feb 2013
          • 5936

          Welcome to the wonderful land of single action snobbery......I took the plunge and haven't looked back. Wouldn't buy a DA/SA if it was half off......

          Comment

          • #6
            AragornElessar86
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2010
            • 1735

            So what you're saying is it made you a bad shooter?

            I do love my 1911, but I know that if my life depends on it I'd better be able to make the shot with any of my guns. It's all in how you pull the trigger. Don't let your 1911 turn you into a bad shooter.
            Wish I was rich instead of so damn good looking.
            Originally posted by stix213
            I'll worry about Hannibal Lecter having too many rights when the rest of us get ours in the first place.
            Originally posted by Just Dave
            Any American who isn't on a government watch list should be ashamed of themselves.

            Comment

            • #7
              bubbapug1
              Calguns Addict
              • Nov 2008
              • 7958

              1911's...they are definitely the mercedes or Bentley of handguns, but what do you expect from a 101 year old design?
              I love America for the rights and freedoms we used to have.

              Comment

              • #8
                Mikeb
                Veteran Member
                • May 2008
                • 3189

                They don't call JMB a genius for nothing.

                Comment

                • #9
                  proraptor
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2006
                  • 2594

                  While 1911's are nice i wouldnt use one to protect myself
                  Nothin says hate like a .308

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Bsandoc40
                    CGSSA Coordinator
                    • Jan 2013
                    • 2413

                    1911 the itch that never goes away!!!!
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Chief-7700
                      Veteran Member
                      • May 2008
                      • 3382

                      I got spoiled in 1957 by a 1918 Colt M1911, which I still have.

                      XL-650 to feed the: .45ACP's Les Baer Concept V, Ruger SR 1911, Ruger Nightwatchman,custom built Colt M1911, Springfield .45ACP Loaded.. 9MM SA Range Officer,Ruger P-85, Springfield Stainless 9MM loaded, SA 9MM 5.25" XDM, Springfield 9mm Stainless Range Officer, STI double stack .45ACP.
                      IDPA A41750 Safety Officer
                      NRA Certified RSO
                      "Stay out of the deep end of the pool; correct the problem with your credit card, not your dremel!"

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        VictorFranko
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jan 2010
                        • 13737

                        Originally posted by Speedpower
                        Wait till you try a 1911 in 9mm
                        Picked up my Les Baer in late January.
                        Have shot nothing else since, but I did by a SA Loaded 9mm, will shoot it for the first time this weekend.
                        Last edited by VictorFranko; 04-03-2013, 1:49 PM.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          wsmc27
                          Senior Member
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 1654

                          Originally posted by proraptor
                          While 1911's are nice i wouldnt use one to protect myself
                          ...and I wouldn't hesitate to use our GCNM S70 or our LW Commander, both well-proven and run great (as well as our G34 G35 or the XD9).


                          What happened in your experience to deter you from trusting a 1911?

                          Just Wondering.

                          OP, congrats...though I gotta agree with AE86, you shouldn't turn into a bad shooter with your other handguns because of it.

                          Enjoy, be safe.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Vin63
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2012
                            • 1218

                            Originally posted by wsmc27
                            ...and I wouldn't hesitate to use our GCNM S70...
                            X2...my father's GC NM S70 saved his life at least twice when he worked/managed southeast Stockton gas station in the mid-70s.
                            CH3NO2

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              daybreak
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2010
                              • 1735

                              I felt that way about 1911s, until I converted my CZ SP01 to single action only. And then I got my shadow 75 SA.

                              Love them more than my SR1911.

                              my YouTube shooting channel

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1