Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

.40 cal glocks with lights

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Vanilla Gorilla
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Aug 2010
    • 11015

    .40 cal glocks with lights

    What's the problems associated with putting a light on glocks chambered in .40 S&W?
    I have heard of people saying that it will cause malfunctions but I have never know of anyone who can verify that it will cause a malfunction or even what malfunctions it might cause
    Anyone have any experience that can verify this?
    That punk pulled a Glock 7 on me. You know what that is? It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. Dosen't show up on your airport X-ray machines, here, and it cost more than you make in a month.
    -John McClane
  • #2
    aca72
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2006
    • 3250

    For the rest of us, we just need a flashlight.
    Long live CALGUNS!

    Selling: ✮ GLOCK ✮ Beretta ✮ SIG Sauer ✮ Stuff ✮

    Comment

    • #3
      jumbopanda
      Calguns Addict
      • Aug 2006
      • 8382

      This has been addressed by Glock. All you need to do is make sure that your mags have the newer spring, which is one coil longer than the older version. My Glock 35 has never malfunctioned with a TLR-1 mounted.
      Mo' BBs.

      Comment

      • #4
        Old4eyes
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2010
        • 1757

        Send Lawyers, Guns and Money - On second thought, hold the Lawyers.

        Comment

        • #5
          Vanilla Gorilla
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Aug 2010
          • 11015

          How does the longer spring help avoid malfunctions?
          That punk pulled a Glock 7 on me. You know what that is? It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. Dosen't show up on your airport X-ray machines, here, and it cost more than you make in a month.
          -John McClane

          Comment

          • #6
            4DMASTR
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2012
            • 1077

            Interesting, I usually take off my TLR when I take my G23 to the range but I have left it on twice to see if I could tell a difference and it still ran flawlessly.

            Comment

            • #7
              fullrearview
              Calguns Addict
              • Jan 2008
              • 9371

              Gen 4 mags, or mags stamped with an 8 or 9 on the follower will work just fine.
              "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."~M.Twain~

              Comment

              • #8
                tal3nt
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2012
                • 3168

                Has to do with the frames ability to flex. Shouldn't be a problem tho; just run a couple hundred to make sure

                Comment

                • #9
                  nothinghere2c
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2012
                  • 2259

                  ive ran g22 and g23s with crap chinese knockoff lights on them with no issues. 3rd gen glocks using 3rd and 4th gen mags.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    LuisJr
                    Member
                    • Mar 2012
                    • 334

                    I've ran both my Gen3/4 22s and 35s and haven't ever had any issues with lights on them through thousands of rounds. I can't speak on a 23.

                    Luis Jr

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      chasjr1
                      Member
                      • Jan 2012
                      • 161

                      Originally posted by tal3nt
                      Has to do with the frames ability to flex. Shouldn't be a problem tho; just run a couple hundred to make sure
                      ^^^^this
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        LovingTheYear1911
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2010
                        • 1925

                        I've never had an issue with my G22 and a light.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          sffred
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2010
                          • 2421

                          Wtf? Glock malfunctions?
                          Never ever had I had a malfunction due to an attachment!
                          G22rtf2

                          G21sf

                          Over 2k put on each! Never a malfunction. Don't believe the haters
                          Last edited by sffred; 04-01-2013, 9:40 PM.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Lumpia is sarap!®
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 2267

                            No problems with mine:
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              vantage
                              Member
                              • Dec 2007
                              • 154

                              I've heard of this for a long time.

                              My Walther P99 in 40S&W is spotty with an attachment. I've tried different magazines, springs and ammo, but it malfunctions about 2% of the time. No more attachments on polymer 40's for me.

                              If I feel the need for a light/laser I pick up my 1911 or Walther P99 in 9mm.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1