Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Need help with a family transfer...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • willu707
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2013
    • 99

    Need help with a family transfer...

    Hello everyone, I'm in need of some help with a family transfer. My mother owns a beautiful Colt Python that she never uses. I asked her today if I could borrow it and she replied why don't you just have it transferred to you and enjoy it. I was ecstatic, until I asked some serious questions. This gets confusing, sorry ahead of time.

    She said she purchased it in a pawn shop 27 years ago in Killeen, Texas. She was in the army and stationed there, so a few years later she brought it with us to california around 1987. No registration was required in Texas at the pawn shop, and she never needed to register it when she brought it into california she thinks. After all that here's the question, can she transfer it to me? What do we have to do? Will this lack of registration make this tough/impossible? Thanks and sorry for a long post
  • #2
    saudadeii
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Dec 2012
    • 3468

    Well, you can start by reading this:

    My Marketplace Feedback: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...k#post54003245

    Comment

    • #3
      jkody
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2010
      • 1081

      Intra familiar transfer form available on California DOJ website, an envelope, stamp and a check for $19 is all you need.

      Comment

      • #4
        jkody
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2010
        • 1081

        And a valid HSC.

        Comment

        • #5
          willu707
          Junior Member
          • Mar 2013
          • 99

          Sweet, I already have a HSC. Just bought my first handgun a few weeks ago, gonna wait my 30 days then transfer the .357. Thanks everyone

          Comment

          • #6
            Pell
            Junior Member
            • Feb 2012
            • 86

            The 30 days thing is only if you are buying a gun from a FFL.

            Comment

            • #7
              willu707
              Junior Member
              • Mar 2013
              • 99

              Originally posted by Pell
              The 30 days thing is only if you are buying a gun from a FFL.
              Even better. Now I just need some ammo, the hardest thing to get right now.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1