Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Apex trigger for M&P

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JHV_3
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2013
    • 7

    Apex trigger for M&P

    Keep hearing that apex trigger is a good upgrade for the M&P. want to know if its really worth it?
    James
  • #2
    Jeymz
    Member
    • Nov 2012
    • 292

    Nothing but good things to say about mine. Much crisper trigger and helped tighten up my groups. With more practice I could have been able to do much better with the stock trigger but I wanted to try this upgrade and it was well worth it IMHO.

    Comment

    • #3
      perpetual otter
      Calguns Addict
      • Jul 2007
      • 5093

      Use the search brother. This has been discussed A LOT.
      I provide opinions...
      At a rapid rate.

      Comment

      • #4
        ODub
        Member
        • Sep 2012
        • 473

        I just put the Duty/Carry kit in my 9FS and 9C and I'm liking the new performance a lot.

        I've had the full size since last fall and had put about 700 rounds through it, plus a fair amount of dry firing. All of that action had smoothed out the trigger a bit, but the DCAEK kit shortened the pretravel and lightened the break. I like the new trigger, but I wasn't overwhelmed.

        My compact came to me about 3 weeks ago with a horribly gritty trigger. It was almost unshootable compared to the full size and my Glock 19. I just shot it this morning with the Apex kit and I am in love with it. Smooth and crisp. When paired with the XS Big Dots that I put on it, the gun is very easy to shoot accurately.

        Click on Grabagun.com. They had the best prices that I could fine and ship for free, too. Good luck!

        Comment

        • #5
          Sofatactical
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2013
          • 603

          Short answer yes!
          The FSS is just incredible!
          Sofa King Tactical!

          Comment

          • #6
            k1dude
            I need a LIFE!!
            • May 2009
            • 15926

            Eh, I have the DCAEK and didn't find much difference. And the reset is barely perceptible.

            But if you mean the actual forward set sear and "trigger" kit, I've heard good things about it. I dry fired an M&P 9 with the kit installed and it felt good.

            If you have a newer M&P (made within the last 3 months), then you probably have the new trigger group which is excellent. Don't mess with it if that's the case - unless you already have it and aren't happy with it.
            Last edited by k1dude; 03-24-2013, 9:55 AM.
            "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

            "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

            Comment

            • #7
              checkenbach
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 1472

              I had the complete kit in mine, it was a much cleaner break, and lower weight pull as well, but did not work for me. A side effect of the kit (on mine, anyway),
              was that the trigger broke at the last 1/8" of the travel, causing me to change my grip, or put my trigger finger like a "C" to shoot it well. I traded it off.

              Comment

              • #8
                John Browning
                Calguns Addict
                • May 2006
                • 8089

                I bought an M&P 45 and HATED it like I've never hated a pistol. After 1500 rounds, the factory trigger was as broken in as it gets, and it sucked. I was almost ready to sell it.

                Then I put in an FSS. The improvement was so amazing that my plans to buy a DW 1911 Guardian shifted to plays to buy an M&P45C and install the FSS. It is that good. It isn't custom 1911 good, but it is a huge improvement.
                For Sale: Off Roster Handgun Moving Sale

                For Sale: Off Roster CZ, Browning, PTR 91 Moving Sale

                Originally posted by KWalkerM
                eh why bring logic into this, that makes too much sense... besides when you have bested a fool, you have accomplished nothing and he is a fool.

                Comment

                • #9
                  9mmepiphany
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jul 2008
                  • 8075

                  I think is is well worth the improvement, but not everyone will be able to feel the difference...depending on their trigger management skill level and technique.

                  I've shot several D/C AEK equipped guns and the change is feel (smoothness and clean break) and well as reset (if you add the RAM) really amde them nice guns.

                  To really get the most out of it, the FSS is really a huge improvement.

                  I was really disappointed in my first M&P9 and I was having hard time holding 3" at 5-7 yards in slow fire. Upon the installation, the first shots went into 3/4".

                  The problem is I want to keep tweaking it
                  ...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    InGrAM
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2010
                    • 3699

                    Yes it is.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      ColdDeadHands1
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 3391

                      I have several M&P's. The new ones don't even get shot until the Apex DCAEK goes in them. Night and day difference with the trigger for about $75. Stop asking about it and just go buy one.


                      "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco?"

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Sam
                        Calguns Addict
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Jul 2008
                        • 5205

                        Originally posted by jessegpresley
                        A lighter trigger with a shorter reset isn't going to compensate for a lack of solid pistol skills. Lots of noobs get obsessed with lighter triggers because it helps with their "groups", but what really helps is professional instruction and trigger time. Don't get sucked too far down the hole of buying more stuff to shoot better.
                        Training is very important. But if I can buy something that will help me shoot my serious use guns better I will. I'm not above using a shortcut like that.

                        The Apex mods were mandatory items for my M&Ps. Get them!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          desertexplore
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 4221

                          Tzgged

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1