Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ruger .327 Magnum

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tarn_Helm
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2007
    • 2126

    Ruger .327 Magnum

    Any word when the new Ruger .327 Magnum six-shot revolver will be "CA legal?"
    Last edited by Tarn_Helm; 04-19-2008, 9:50 PM. Reason: font size complaint
    "The Religion of Peace": Islam: What the West Needs to Know.

    America is Not a Democracy

    ". . . all [historical] experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms
    [of governmental abuses and usurpations] to which they are accustomed."
    Decl. of Indep., July 4, 1776

    NRA Benefactor/Life Member; Lifer: CRPA, GOA, SAF & JPFO

  • #2
    aplinker
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Feb 2007
    • 16762

    Around the time my eyes readjust from that oversized font.

    Google Map of OLL Dealers

    List of CA-friendly Manufacturers, Dealers, Middlemen, and Magazine rebuild kit dealers
    Click me-->So you're a n00b and you want to build an AR? <--Click me
    This post is based on actual events. Some facts may be altered for dramatic purposes. All posts are pure opinion. All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental, and should not be construed.

    Comment

    • #3
      461
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2003
      • 619

      It depends on if Ruger submits it for testing. I haven't heard anything on whether they will or not, but then again they rarely consult me on such things.

      I was so excited about the new cartridge that I sent my SP-101 off to be converted to .327 Magnum. Should be back in a month or so.

      You can bet I'll be posting about it when it comes in.
      -Tim-

      Comment

      • #4
        Knifemaker
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2007
        • 576

        Screw the Ruger its too damn heavy....Iam ordering a reamer and going to ream out the stainless steel cylinder for the new .327 mag round in my .32 Magnum airweight S&W I carry on my permit. I will practice with normal .32 mag stuff but carry the 327 mag ammo in it, after test firing of course. I would not try this in a SC or Ti gun with the Ti powdered metal cylinder but Iam sure the stainless steel cylinder will handle the increased pressures no problem. I cant wait until the ammo and reamer gets here! 357 energy in a superlight 6 SHOT pocket revolver, awesome! Iam very excited to see what S&W comes out for this new cartridge too.

        Comment

        • #5
          461
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2003
          • 619

          Please let us know how it works out. I'm very interested in a J-framed .327, I'm not really concerned with the weight issue on the SP-101, I'm just looking for a shooter as CCW is out of the question here in Sac.

          If I like the .327 more than the .32Mag I'll be setting up a Single-Six and a Marlin for it.
          -Tim-

          Comment

          • #6
            dfletcher
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Dec 2006
            • 14809

            Originally posted by 461
            Please let us know how it works out. I'm very interested in a J-framed .327, I'm not really concerned with the weight issue on the SP-101, I'm just looking for a shooter as CCW is out of the question here in Sac.

            If I like the .327 more than the .32Mag I'll be setting up a Single-Six and a Marlin for it.
            I'm assuming you refer to a 32 Mag Marlin lever action, correct? I was going to buy one, but the asking price was about $250.00 higher than the other chamberings - is this one harder to get? Also, do you you think the longer 327 will encounter feed problems in the 32 Mag Marlin.
            GOA Member & SAF Life Member

            Comment

            • #7
              461
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2003
              • 619

              I've already got a .32Mag Marlin and it's great. I've talked to a couple of 'smiths and they seem to think it wouldn't be all that tough to do. I'm leaving it 'til last in hopes that Marlin will simply market one instead of having to go the custom route. There's already been Single-Sixes converted with no issues so that'll be much simpler and cheaper.

              Like I said, I'll have to see if I really like the .327 better than the H&R before I throw much money at it. I'm perfectly happy with the H&R as is so I may never bother after getting my first .327.
              -Tim-

              Comment

              • #8
                Knifemaker
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2007
                • 576

                The only reason I want to do it is for the better knock down power, I would not mess with my Cowboy stuff. I might do a single six if I used it for hunting.

                Comment

                • #9
                  461
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2003
                  • 619

                  That's exactly what I'm looking at. I have no interest in the cowboy stuff either, you could use a .32 long for that stuff. The .327 promises 32-20 performance without the hassle of a thin bottlenecked case and that has my interest.
                  -Tim-

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1