Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Just got a used Glock 27

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Stirlee
    Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 241

    Just got a used Glock 27

    I just put a agency trade in 27 in jail. Looked to have a good amount of carbon build up. How many rounds would you guys recommend to test for reliability? im on a tight budget, but i want peace of mind.

    should i test it without cleaning it, test is clean no lube, or clean, lube and test it
    In America banks rob you
  • #2
    Moto
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2011
    • 854

    I would clean, lube and put a few hundred rounds through her.
    Freedom in the USA is not the freedom from offense. It is actually the freedom to offend.

    Comment

    • #3
      Jacfourteen
      Junior Member
      • Jun 2012
      • 83

      Originally posted by Moto
      I would clean, lube and put a few hundred rounds through her.
      I 2nd that advice.

      Cool video in your sig line OP, my son and i got a laugh out of that.

      Comment

      • #4
        Jet Setter
        Calguns Addict
        • Aug 2012
        • 5348

        Definitely clean, lube, test. Shoot at least 200 so you can get used to the gun. It is a lot smaller than the Ruger you had and will shoot differently. Good handguns and quite accurate.
        *********************
        WTS:
        1. PW 800+ Hydro Multispeed (just the hydraulic unit that also works with Spolar press)
        2. PW 800B converted to 800C (12 gauge) with lots of accessories and upgrades
        3. Hornady 366 (12 gauge)

        Comment

        • #5
          Bsandoc40
          CGSSA Coordinator
          • Jan 2013
          • 2413

          Originally posted by Moto
          I would clean, lube and put a few hundred rounds through her.
          ^^^^ +1
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            trigger945
            Calguns Addict
            • Sep 2012
            • 5795

            Clean and then add a little bit of frog lube. I would say about 150 - 200 rds. Most importantly, have fun!
            One Way to Post Pics ********** How to Submit an iTrader Rating That Counts ********** Brass for Sale

            AR's for Sale ********** Ammo for Sale ********** Accessories/Parts for Sale ********** Handguns for Sale

            Comment

            • #7
              Vanilla Gorilla
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Aug 2010
              • 11015

              Just my $0.02 take it or leave it

              I also got a used 27 recieantly here is what I did:
              Step 1: First thing I did when I got it home was tear the entire gun down using my glock armors tool then I cleaned all the parts using break free a rag and a tooth brush then I used a bunch of Q tips to clean inside the slide and the frame being sure to get all the dirt out of it after that I lubed all the parts with a light coat of rem oil and reassembled the gun
              Step 2: A few days later (when I had a day off) I took the gun to the range and ran about 300 rounds of Winchester white box target ammo through it I also ran 2 boxes of the defensive ammo I plan to trust my life to (hornady critical defense) through it
              Step 3: When I got home from the range I tore the gun back apart and cleaned and lubed it in the same way I described earlier in step 1
              I know running 300 rounds of white box and 40 rounds of defensive ammo is expensive and cleaning it the way I described might be a little extreme but this is now the tool I trust my life and my family's life on so it was way worth the time and money to me
              That punk pulled a Glock 7 on me. You know what that is? It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. Dosen't show up on your airport X-ray machines, here, and it cost more than you make in a month.
              -John McClane

              Comment

              • #8
                TNP
                Member
                • Feb 2012
                • 327

                Send it to Glock! Have them refurbish the pistol!

                Comment

                • #9
                  pharazon
                  Member
                  • Jun 2010
                  • 422

                  I'm surprised that it was heavily used. Maybe it wasn't used much, just never cleaned? Either way, I would just lube it and put a couple hundred through it.

                  How much did it set you back, if I may?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ElDub1950
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Aug 2012
                    • 5688

                    I agree with a thorough cleaning and appropriate lube.

                    I'd say bare minimum 200 rnds of regular ammo and 100 rnds of your favorite defense ammo. If ammo was a reasonable price I'd say at least 500 rnds of target and 200 of defense.

                    Love my G27

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Stirlee
                      Member
                      • Jan 2013
                      • 241

                      Originally posted by pharazon
                      I'm surprised that it was heavily used. Maybe it wasn't used much, just never cleaned? Either way, I would just lube it and put a couple hundred through it.

                      How much did it set you back, if I may?
                      i hope that was the case. The only reason i think it was used a lot is because of the barrel wear. From what i seen ppl have put 600 rds through their glocks and not a hint of wear to be found. Other times it has tons of wear at 200rds, so who knows. So if this one lots of visible wear, only God knows.

                      absolutely, it set me back 429 with one mag and trijicon night sights.

                      thank you everyone for your replies! i will follow through for sure, just had getting money for ammo. much less hallow points haha.
                      Last edited by Stirlee; 03-10-2013, 11:21 PM.
                      In America banks rob you

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        SacTown
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2011
                        • 1784

                        Congrats. I love my G26. Clean, lube, shoot, repeat.
                        sigpic SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          pharazon
                          Member
                          • Jun 2010
                          • 422

                          Originally posted by Stirlee
                          i hope that was the case. The only reason i think it was used a lot is because of the barrel wear. From what i seen ppl have put 600 rds through their glocks and not a hint of wear to be found. Other times it has tons of wear at 200rds, so who knows. So if this one lots of visible wear, only God knows.

                          absolutely, it set me back 429 with one mag and trijicon night sights.

                          thank you everyone for your replies! i will follow through for sure, just had getting money for ammo. much less hallow points haha.
                          Right on mate, that's a bargain in todays climate. I wouldn't worry about it much. Do let us know how it shoots when you get it out of jail though!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Raider888
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2012
                            • 891

                            Congrats on the 27!!!
                            Go get a 23 to pair with it.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              MrExel17
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Feb 2011
                              • 9170

                              +1 what they said^^^^
                              "Professionals practice to get it right, Operators practise to get it wrong."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1